Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki (45532 Views)

Why Do IPOB Members Support PDP? / Senate To Confirm Amaechi, 17 Other Remaining Ministerial Nominees Today / Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Agindi: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2015
It can be true oo
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by ExInferis(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Daplux4:

A change with 53 bilion run way contract, this govt is not difference from the ones we have seen

I dont know about that, and neither do you about the cost breakdown. But just picking one single example to say not much else is different is being clever by half.

The fact that government people are afraid of flying first class and private, or that the judiciary has found it's spine is different enough.

But i guess the biggest change is that Aso Rock is finally rid of touts, brigands, vagabonds, thugs, militants and crooks.

I'm comfortable waiting at least a year more before passing judgment. But i assure if Buhari is failing by then i'll be among the pack to give him an earful. His honesty or whatever is not enough. We want results.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2015
Senators and their personal interest (Hmmm).

How does this improve or bring about development to the nation and standard of living of the masses.

Na Wetin we send una to do for senate?

SMH
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Babsoo: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Politics is a game of numbers and I don't expect Saraki to bow down for the minority. This is the time to show PDP that APC is in the majority. Amaechi is loved by APC and Buhari. His test of loyalty to APC must now be brought to the fore and passed with flying colors.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by ODUBEZE: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

SARAKI DOES NOT CONFIRM MINISTERS, IT IS THE YEAHS THAT HAVE IT.

SO IS 48 MORE THAN 59?

LIKE 16 MORE THAN 19? OR 5 MORE THAN 27? OR 7 MORE THAN 19?

PEOPLE TRULY DECIEVING PEOPLE.
Which ever way it is. The truth still remain that the senate will be shooting themselves if the confirm Amaechi.
I have nothing against him but analyzing the political settings, for senate to form a committee on Amaechis' case means that they knew or have admitted that something is wrong somewhere.
How then can they now act as if nothing is wrong?
All I am saying is that they need to clear the air before the confirmation, if not any attempt to indict another candidate in future will be seen as witch hunt.
Things needs to be done orderly for Christ sake!
How can they be law makers when they cannot handle this simple task in transparency?
Note: I am not a member of any political party but a concerned citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Olaolufred(m): 9:48am On Oct 29, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Which ever way it is. The truth still remain that the senate will be shooting themselves if the confirm Amaechi.
I have nothing against him but analyzing the political settings, for senate to form a committee on Amaechis' case means that they knew or have admitted that something is wrong somewhere.
How then can they now act as if nothing is wrong?
All I am saying is that they need to clear the air before the confirmation, if not any attempt to indict another candidate in future will be seen as witch hunt.
Things needs to be done orderly for Christ sake!
How can they be law makers when they cannot handle this simple task in transparency?
Note: I am not a member of any political party but a concerned citizen.

IF I CALL YOU AN ARMED ROBBER, SHOULD THE WHOLE WORLD SAY YOU ARE WITHOUT PROOF?

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by ODUBEZE: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

IF I CALL YOU AN ARMED ROBBER, SHOULD THE WHOLE WORLD SAY YOU ARE WITHOUT PROOF?
Please read and digest my comment above.
The senate formed a committee to look into Amaechis' issue, what is the outcome?
Let's stop being sentimental with issues.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Alwaystruth: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Can you define the roles of opposition party if what pdp is doing to Apc nominated ministerial candidate of Ameachi isn't opposition?.
You mean Nigeria's academic system had deteriorate to this endemic level. Idiots flooding Nairaland and making silly comments
to be noticed since inception.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Olaolufred(m): 10:08am On Oct 29, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Please read and digest my comment above.
The senate formed a committee to look into Amaechis' issue, what is the outcome?
Let's stop being sentimental with issues.

I WATCHED THE COMMITTEE MEETING WITH AMAECHI.

ANYANWU SAID THEY COULD NOT DISCUSS A CASE ALREADY IN COURT.

WIKE WHO HAD A CASE WAS ONLY FIGHTING IT ON MEDIA.

AMAECHI WHO FELT MALIGNED WAS THE ONE WHO WENT TO COURT.

IF WIKE HAD A CASE, WHO SHOULD BE FIRST TO BE IN COURT?

SO, SENATE IS ONLY BEING POLITICALLY CAREFUL ON THIS CASE.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by ODUBEZE: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

Good! I love rational discussions like this.
Now my brother, if the case is in court, naturally, you wait for the outcome.
Confirming him is sending a wrong signal like the Senate is sure that the court will never indict Amaechi and that is not healthy for our democracy.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by ODUBEZE: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

Confirming him is sending a wrong signal like the Senate is sure that the court will never indict Amaechi and that is not healthy for our democracy.
The senate should know better. They should follow due process.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Opinedecandid(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
kennybabs1980:
Amaechi will be confirmed irrespective of vituperative outbursts from you and your ilks, I'll remind you of this by 4pm today

I never said he won't be confirmed.
But he won't be confirmed by talking tough, like most of you do. He will be confirmed after he might have done THE NEEDFUL.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Olaolufred(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2015
ODUBEZE:

The senate should know better. They should follow due process.

Due process of what sort?
We know where this journey began.
It is a fight to finish according to wike.
Even at that, there is no case taken to court by wike against Amarchi. It is Amaechi that sues him for maligning him on pages of newspaper and media.
So in the eyes of the law, Wike has not to date instituted any case. Except the ones you read on pages of newspapers.
In a nutshell, if amaechi is found guilty by court, say 2016 (though no case instituted against him till date) does he have immunity against prosecution as a minister?

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by 52Naira(m): 10:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
whatever you do in life, reach out for good name cos it's better than gold and make sure your hands are clean; always come to equity with clean hands. By so doing, you'd be able to hold your head high.
Saraki is now torn between respecting the pdp he used against his own party and impressing his party with majority, not to 'exacerbate his travail at the tribunal.
Saraki bobo is discobombulated right now.
Be loyal!
According to Fashola"let our loyalty not be tested" lets see how it plays out...
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Bgorgeous: 10:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Mtcheeeew PDP Will never fail to amaze me . always doing the same things and expecting different results.
Ameachi is a minister cheap blackmail will not stop him
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by pat358(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2015
Sorry for you PDP senators, you are on self destruction. Wike spent his 5 months as governor to pursue Amaechi and it resulted in calamity for him and PDP.
Why not leave Amaechi alone and plan the survival of your dying PDP party?
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Orobo2Lekpa: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2015
Amaechi will be confirmed and the sky will remain where it is
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by ODUBEZE: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

Due process of what sort?
We know where this journey began.
It is a fight to finish according to wike.
Even at that, there is no case taken to court by wike against Amarchi. It is Amaechi that sues him for maligning him on pages of newspaper and media.
So in the eyes of the law, Wike has not to date instituted any case. Except the ones you read on pages of newspapers.
In a nutshell, if amaechi is found guilty by court, say 2016 (though no case instituted against him till date) does he have immunity against prosecution as a minister?
If you have being following Rivers case from the beginning, you will realise that
1. Amaechi did not hand over to Wike
2. Wike only make due of the information at his disposal
3. Finding some irregularities, voiced out his findings because if he had not, tomorrow, somebody like you will still say, why didn't he say something when he resumed office? why wait this long?
4. Expecting a reaction from Amaechi which by the way the media picked up his allegations. so Amaechi cannot say he is not aware of.
5. None came
6. To be neutral, he formed a panel
7. Amaechi refuse to show up
8. The panel stated their observation, for instance that in their reserve they had N55B which in my own assessment is too low for an oil producing state.
9. Amaechi has not denied this
10. Out of the fund only N2B is left
11. They have traced all account and cannot find the trace of missing money
12. Is it wrong for Amaechi to explain to his people?
13. Since then he has being invading the real issue
14. If you have read Amaechis' response earlier before the issue generated to this, you will discover that he is not even sure of his account as a steward.
15. Today, he will say he left N7b, tomorrow N7.5, next N8-10 e.t.c
16. I am not going to deny the fact that he worked but let him give account of his stewardship.
17. Rivers deserve to know how he served them
18. One of the good qualities of a good leader is accountability except you are saying otherwise.
19. Remember that Oshiomole accused GEJs administration of stolen funds as regards centenary project which was handled by Pius Anyim the then sec.
20. The FG did not go to court, Pius came out and clear himself. He called d peeps that sponsored the project and d rest was history.
Amaechi is only compounding his problems if he accepts the appointment without clearing himself. Believe me things like this are not easily forgotten.
Pls note I am not a fan of both men simply stating facts on ground but I love selfless individual who. has move this country forward without soiling their names. Might even have because there is no perfect being but though a mistake, not deliberate.
Nigerians are not fools!
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by simplycarro: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2015
ODUBEZE:

A man is presumed innocent until proven guilty
Amaechi in law is still very innocent
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by obailala(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2015
These PDP cry cry babies. When are they going to be mature and let go of their grudges against this one man?... There is virtually nothing either they or Saraki himself can do to stop Amaechi from being confirmed. Should they even attempt to withdraw support from Saraki and have him removed as SP, then their man Ekweremmadu will also be removed as DSP; I don't think the PDP is ready to go down that line.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Chigold101(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2015
eakenbor:
saraki the weakling. He is confused about where his loyalty lies.
did you just call Saraki, a weakling?... Too bad that you also lack coherent reasoning...

Am so sorry
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Olaolufred(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2015
ODUBEZE:

If you have being following Rivers case from the beginning, you will realise that
1. Amaechi did not hand over to Wike
2. Wike only make due of the information at his disposal
3. Finding some irregularities, voiced out his findings because if he had not, tomorrow, somebody like you will still say, why didn't he say something when he resumed office? why wait this long?
4. Expecting a reaction from Amaechi which by the way the media picked up his allegations. so Amaechi cannot say he is not aware of.
5. None came
6. To be neutral, he formed a panel
7. Amaechi refuse to show up
8. The panel stated their observation, for instance that in their reserve they had N55B which in my own assessment is too low for an oil producing state.
9. Amaechi has not denied this
10. Out of the fund only N2B is left
11. They have traced all account and cannot find the trace of missing money
12. Is it wrong for Amaechi to explain to his people?
13. Since then he has being invading the real issue
14. If you have read Amaechis' response earlier before the issue generated to this, you will discover that he is not even sure of his account as a steward.
15. Today, he will say he left N7b, tomorrow N7.5, next N8-10 e.t.c
16. I am not going to deny the fact that he worked but let him give account of his stewardship.
17. Rivers deserve to know how he served them
18. One of the good qualities of a good leader is accountability except you are saying otherwise.
19. Remember that Oshiomole accused GEJs administration of stolen funds as regards centenary project which was handled by Pius Anyim the then sec.
20. The FG did not go to court, Pius came out and clear himself. He called d peeps that sponsored the project and d rest was history.
Amaechi is only compounding his problems if he accepts the appointment without clearing himself. Believe me things like this are not easily forgotten.

UNCLE, I have lived 4 decades on this land. So no longer a baby.

Has wike ever been neutral on Amaechi's case.

A man who wants to be neutral (like a referee) chose the team for one of the competing side.

How Neutral can that be.

A man who opened his mouth to say prior to 2015 elections, "My people, when goodluck wins just go and rest, I will flog amaechi. we will flog them.... what did I say... we will flog them. immediately the result is announced, we will block all the escape routes to make sure amaechi doesn't run away. Then handcuff him and send him to prison."

Uncle, as the result is otherwise, do you think wike is happy not to give a small trial at his rivers state level?

Amaechi has his name to clear not on the pages of newspapers or your purported neutral wike's team called panel.
But in a judicial court which will be a more plain ground for both amaechi and wike.
No other forum than court.
If wike has a case, he should institute it legally.

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by omenka(m): 11:55am On Oct 29, 2015
ExInferis:

You're my favorite person on Nairaland.
I'm honoured. smiley

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by obinoral1179(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Hmmmm.

Contrary to ApC's claim, they are the ones to be told, 'it has ceased to be business as usual'!

PDP senators as ably led by Senator Godswill Akpabio are the ones that make the 8th Senate lively and interesting.
PDP senators are focused and no-nonsense senators.
They are ready and able at all times to teach APC the ropes of leaadership.
Amaechi and Usani Uguru are in soup. It is not too late, they better swing into action and start lobbying the opposition through their caucus.
Even in the western world Legislature, lobbying is done.
This is the beauty of democracy, especially a multi/two party democracy. Not (God forbid) this one party zoo APC is trying to turn Nigeria into. I wonder whose dictatorial and totalitarian ambition the single party agenda means to further.
its seems you are not following proceeding in the senate? The PDP are hiding under the guise that its not business as usual just because of their numbers but talking about leadership I doubt the PDP as it. Akpabio stills need some refresher course on how to talk and channel his point at the floor of the house,since he is the opposition leader,mind you am not against lobbying but saraki gave the PDP the chance to vibrant because he decide to dine with them....
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Yksoul(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
IT IS AN ACT OF JEOPARDY TO HOLD THE WHOLE NIGERIANS AT RANSOM BECAUSE OF THESE PDP SENATORS SELFISH INTEREST.SO FAR AMAECHI HELPED THE PMB TO WIN THE ELECTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEIR FAILURE TO INVESTIGATE THE PETITION WITH FACTS SHOULD MAKE THEM PREVENT AMAECHI FROM BEING A MINISTER
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by biafranqueen: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
jusRadical:

It is quite a historic shame that Nigeria is finished. Anyway the country has never been and will never be.

The so-called anti corruption mantra is just in the spirit of vendatta.
Excatly! The only change happening is in the way they market themselves to spread propaganda.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by biafranqueen: 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
bashydemy:
Sorry wailer do you have any evidence against Ameachi? remember he has not been indicted so far even by the useless panel set up by wike....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNbUkc9avo
Who doesnt have evidence the whole people of Rivers State has evidence. So you think the file the ethics committee is a thread from Nairaland?
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Ebenezerk2: 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
let's see how it goes
afoo02:
Empty treat from the opposition party.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Ebenezerk2: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
But Saraki who does not get enough support from ruling party will suffer for it
Phame:
They are joking!
Amaechi will be confirmed and there is nothing they can do.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by awesome11(m): 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
kennybabs1980:
Amaechi will be confirmed irrespective of vituperative outbursts from you and your ilks, I'll remind you of this by 4pm today

He's already confirmed.. Just to remind you to remind him!

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by bashydemy(m): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
biafranqueen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNbUkc9avo
Who doesnt have evidence the whole people of Rivers State has evidence. So you think the file the ethics committee is a thread from Nairaland?
hahha this is arrant nonsense what proof do we get from this trash?
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Phame: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
52Naira:
According to Fashola"let our loyalty not be tested" lets see how it plays out...
amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Spotted Sleeping At NASS Inauguration (Photos) / PHOTOS: Buhari Back In His Office This Morning / Agom Adara Dead! Maiwada Galadima Killed By Kidnappers: 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.