Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank (608 Views)

$550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / Abacha's Loot Too Huge For Us To Handle Says World Bank / Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank by PsmartexLLB(m): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2015
The World Bank has said it needs additional time to provide comprehensive information on the funds looted by the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha. The World Bank told a human civil society group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) seeking information on the loot that for now, it is compiling information on the spending. According to the World Bank: "In response to your request, we would like to inform you that we are still considering your request and we will need additional time because the money involved is too huge for us to handle." The World Bank said that although it takes just 20 working days to respond to such requests, under special cases, it could take much longer time. The loot stolen by the former military ruler from 1993 to 1998 is estimated to be about $11.3 billion. The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) had written to the World Bank demanding information on the spending of the loot recovered from the late military dictator.
Re: Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank by ShowYourCertificate: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2015
But Buhari said Abacha never stole our money lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank by viclawz(m): 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Lalasticlala come and do d justice
Re: Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank by jesse8048(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2015
Sometimes my heart stops beating when I read about loots in Nigeria. why push the money to another country while your people suffer in poverty?
Re: Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank by PsmartexLLB(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2015
jesse8048:
Sometimes my heart stops beating when I read about loots in Nigeria. why push the money to another country while your people suffer in poverty?

dats where d problem Is
my brother
Re: Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle, Says World Bank by jesse8048(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
PsmartexLLB:

dats where d problem Is
my brother

This is the highest level of man's inhumanity to man.

(1) (Reply)

Desperation: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers-Punch / ​​pains, ​a​nger As Collapse​d ​bridge Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities / El Rufai Surprises His Wife With Flowers On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.