Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Good Android Games Ideas - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Good Android Games Ideas (1754 Views)

Where Can I Download Good Android Games / 5 Simple Free Android Games For 2.3 4.3, 5.0 And More / Android Games To Look Out For As At Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Android Games Ideas by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
hey y'all, I wanna carry out a survey,i recently learnt some basic programming and wanted to develop an Android game for fun buh I have no idea of an interesting game as most genre are pretty much developed.so please just tell me a description of a game you'd want on the android platform
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by lekjons(m): 10:30am On Oct 29, 2015
"Economic, Educative, Quest"

1 Like

Re: Good Android Games Ideas by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2015
thanks lekjons, buh do you mind going in details alittle more
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by lekjons(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2015
pizel:
thanks lekjons, buh do you mind going in details alittle more
what type of game(s) do u want to develop(2D, 3D, HD)??
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by lekjons(m): 11:01am On Oct 29, 2015
i'll use java games as examples

Economic: games like Anno, My Little Farm, that requires you to manage a given area/amount of money, to build an empire..

Educative: Brain challenge, young people likes such games

Quest: games like Robin Hood(java), that'll be giving u optional missions in game..

All the games above were very addictive back then, and will be cool if an android version of games likes them can be released. so simple and addictive.

they attract very high downloads..
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
lekjons:
what type of game(s) do u want to develop(2D, 3D, HD)??

I think I can handle a 3d well with openGL buh hd!i ain't so sure
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by Baddestguyp(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
an interactive MMORPG. you don't need much focus on graphics. check out star legends to know what I'm talking about

and focus more on player communication than other things. that's where most Mmorpgs fail.
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by AmazingZeus(m): 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
If you can reproduce the likes of 'modern combat' series or 'walking dead' & 'wolf among us' that will be cool ®
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by Birniwa(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
All I want you to know is that developing an Android game is more than just having a 'basic programming' knowledge.
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by Baddestguyp(m): 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
AmazingZeus:
If you can reproduce the likes of 'modern combat' series or 'walking dead' & 'wolf among us' that will be cool ®
those games would require much funds now. gameloft and co didn't just start from there
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by AmazingZeus(m): 8:11am On Nov 05, 2015
Baddestguyp:
those games would require much funds now. gameloft and co didn't just start from there
when he requested I thought he had everything to make it happen,in that case tell him to work on games like cheese,scramble,Tetris and other 2D animated games ®
Re: Good Android Games Ideas by Stconvict(m): 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
AmazingZeus:
Dude you got me laughing. Do you know how many people it took to create those games. Those are triple A studio games and except he has the resource to conjure up artists, programmers, animators, musicians, etc. then he has no chance of creating games like those.

What he asked for is an indie territory discussion. And from how it looks, I'm sure the op only knows how to program logic and perhaps some GUI stuff..

Anyway, you can create games that is not necessarily about graphics but logic-oriented, this goes for many minimalist puzzle games. But if you are the graphics type, then there are two things involved. You can either develop a 2D game or a 3D one. (HD is a type of resolution)
Even if you go 2D, it doesn't make it any easier to develop. Many things go into the production of games, scripting, animation, level design, modelling/drawing, etc. Sure, going for 3D is a tad harder.

However, I will advise you to pick up Unity Engine. Read up it's manual and you might understand what it takes to produce your dream game. But you might need to be familiar with some graphic programming concepts before you can understand anything in the manual. U need to familiar with Linear Algebra (vector, matrices, etc) and the Graphics Pipeline. This applies for both 2D and 3D game dev if you want to make the best out of your game.
As for the type of game to create. I can suggest:
1.) Endless Runner (3D)
2.) Platform Shooter (2D)
3.) Fighting Game (3D)
4.) Racing Game (3D)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Is Gta V Online Ps3 Different From Gta V? Please / Swap Pc Games Here!! Free / E3 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.