Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Buhari: My Economic Policies May Cause 'short Term' Hardship - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buhari: My Economic Policies May Cause 'short Term' Hardship (737 Views)

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. / My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 2: Non-oil Exports Are Down?! / My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: My Economic Policies May Cause 'short Term' Hardship by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 29, 2015
Nigeria - Speaking from India, President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his economic policies may be hurtful to Nigerians “in the short run” but that things'll turn around in the long run.

“What is required of us, to which we are strongly committed, is the implementation of tight expenditure controls, effective fiscal and monetary policies, including the husbandry of scarce resources which our introduction of the Single Treasury Account has began to address.

“We are aware some of these measures may hurt operations of some businesses in the short term, but we believe they are right for a sustainable economy,” he said to Indian businessmen with Nigerian interests.

Buhari also urged the Indian CEOs to accept the changes in policy being introduced by his administration and observe all extant Nigerian laws in running their businesses in the country.

Addressing Nigerians later on, he assured that his administration "shall do our best to fix the economy, create jobs for the teeming population of our youths and make the home environment safe, secure and more attractive to Nigerians outside the country like your good selves.

”On the economy, our aim is to address the challenge of infrastructure in all its ramifications, especially power and transportation. We are seeking to create jobs through agriculture, mining, industrial value-addition and the promotion of small scale enterprises.”

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/buhari-my-economic-policies-may-cause-short-term-hardship.135727/

Re: Buhari: My Economic Policies May Cause 'short Term' Hardship by Nicolars(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2015
Ok
Well said

We will be waiting

(1) (Reply)

Charcoal Export Contract Up For Grasp / What Is The Alternative Payment System For Online Transaction In Usd? / How To Make The Naira Stronger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.