Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite (785 Views)

Ambode At Funeral Service Of Tunji Braithwaite / Tunji Braithwaite dead / Buhari Pampering Corrupt Politicians – Tunji Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by RemmyAlex(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
An elder statesman, Dr. Tunji Braithwaite has said President Muhammadu Buhari should not take the issue of the agitation for the sovereign state of Biafra lightly. It will be at the country’s peril to take it lightly.

Dr. Braithwaite in an interview with PUNCH, he said, politically, when there is no justice, we cannot get peace. It’s now a matter of social justice. Social injustice, as the Igbo activists have alleged, is fuelling the agitation for secession.

'I am not saying that the people of the South-East are being marginalised or discriminated against. The people of the South-East are saying so. They are the ones crying out. I cannot answer that question one way. But let us put in place a system where everybody would have a sense of belonging. People would not revolt in an environment where their interests are protected. The over-dependence on oil is also an issue. There are many other resources that can be exploited in this country that can bring more revenue than oil', he said.

braithwaite.jpeg When asked on the 2014 National Conference, Braithwaite said president Buhari will be making a great mistake if he fails to address the recommendations of the National Conference. Of course, the National Conference of which I was a member addressed the issues of social justice as well as well as the devolution of power so that development can reach every nook and cranny of this country. If we continue with an unbalanced federal system, sooner than later, we will have a major crisis. Where there is no justice, there can be no peace.

Source: http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/buhari-should-not-take-succession-threat-lightly-%E2%80%93-braithwaite.135809/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by TSNG(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
k
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by amiskurie(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Man can not b survived by bread alone.

Agitators with no direction take note.

U dont want to b like that tiny nation no one knows nothing about like south Sudan.

Bini and oni isha are not yours.... Take not.
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by Akwasi(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigeria is too big...

I suggest letting the north go though
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by neolboy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
wat can he do when the people are determined to secewd
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by neolboy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
wat can he do when the people are determined to seceed
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by erunz(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
OKy
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
Where there is no justice, there can be no peace-Olatunji Braithwaite.

Anyone who thinks that a big tribe like the Igbo can be oppressed and have peace is deceiving himself.

Nuff said.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by bigass123(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Well said.. But that heading tho undecided
It should be secession not succession those are two different things OP.
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
neolboy:
wat can he do when the people are determined to seceed

Injustice and unfairness is what is making the cry for Biafra louder.

Buhari should hand over to an Igbo-Nigerian president in 2019
Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by kingdompropty: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
I have said it over and over , if Buhari can fail three times, then there is hope for my people.

Any Igbo man that is sitting on the fence must remember his children, children etc.

Pharaoh will not let go easily, but victory is sure. Even some Israelites said lets remain in Egypt than face uncertainties. We have seen it before.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Not Take Succession Threat Lightly – Braithwaite by delait: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
In my view I think that Buhari is complacent about agitations for secession. Also He believe that those calling for social justice are waisting their time. May be he forgot what democracy is all about.

It is very pertinent that the report from the national conference should not be thrown to the dustbins. It should be implemented, if not our investment to the project called democracy is wasted.

(1) (Reply)

FG Forex Restrictions Killing Businesses / "How I Use Tortoise As 'juju' For Robbery" - Suspected Gang Leader / Buhari Is Not Here To Effect Change – Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.