Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? (5840 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age?

Yes: 61% (72 votes)
No: 38% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Become A Parent, How Will You Welcome Guests Of Your Age Bracket? / Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African / Whatever Your Age Is, You Deserved To Be Respected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by blackspade(m): 3:13am On May 08, 2009
I don't know where I should have posted this thread, so I decided to put it in Culture.

Have you ever lied about your age? If so, why? Did you ever come clean, or were you exposed?

As for me, yes, I have. One example is when I first came to this one site, I said I was 20, and put my brothers picture on my profile so more people would take me seriously. What about you?
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by sosisi(f): 3:32am On May 08, 2009
yes
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by mohawkchic(f): 3:55am On May 08, 2009
~INteresting Thread!

~Yeah Many Moons ago . . . When i was 14-16! It was fun pretending to be a couple more years older! I felt i wasnt looked upon as "Small Pekin" & excluded in "Girly talk about Boys" when i pretended i was older! however When I turned 17-18,i couldnt wait to say my age w/ pride. . .& still do till date! Never had the need to lie about my age after that Adoleoscence Peer Pressure to be older thingy i went thro!

~I had to come clean when some of the people i'd told i was 18 had to come/were aware of my 18 Bday Party grin

~I'll be 32 in a couple of weeks . .No fun lying am Older no more,Nothing to gain saying am "Younger " either. . .besides I just love the compliments i get!  grin

~Me & a bunch of male friends were discussing some of the problems they face w/ having to lie about their real age!! Its common knowledge a lot of Africans have "Passport Age" that differs from their real age . . . so naturally they  hook up w/ chics & let them belive the age on the passport is real . .Soo many Interesting stories on this "Passport Age" whahala cheesy

Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by OneNaija(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2009
Tell me What is Interesting in this Stupid Thread? @blackspade Na person like you dey lie up and down wen nur progess for better nation for Nigeria later e go dey Abroad dey talk anyhow and they commit crime.You can talk whatever you like on Nairaland I will here with you. stupid idoit.na me and you for nairaland.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by kissmebaby(f): 12:37pm On May 08, 2009
OneNaija:

Tell me What is Interesting in this Stupid Thread? @blackspade Na person like you dey lie up and down wen nur progess for better nation for Nigeria later e go dey Abroad dey talk anyhow and they commit crime.You can talk whatever you like on Nairaland I will here with you. stupid idoit.na me and you for nairaland.

@ onenaija, why ur temperature high like this? na quarrel?
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by MrCrackles(m): 12:44pm On May 08, 2009
Yes!
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by tboy1(m): 12:47pm On May 08, 2009
OneNaija:

Tell me What is Interesting in this Stupid Thread? @blackspade   Na person like you dey lie up and down wen nur progess for better nation for Nigeria later e go dey Abroad dey talk anyhow and they commit crime.You can talk whatever you like on Nairaland  I will here with you. stupid idoit.na me and you for nairaland.
Chill out dude  grin grin grin grin grin

@ Poster
Yup i have
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by kayc33(m): 12:47pm On May 08, 2009
OneNaija:

Tell me What is Interesting in this Stupid Thread? @blackspade   Na person like you dey lie up and down wen nur progess for better nation for Nigeria later e go dey Abroad dey talk anyhow and they commit crime.You can talk whatever you like on Nairaland  I will here with you. stupid idoit.na me and you for nairaland.

omo person provoke u today? if u no like the posts kindly just walk out quietly instead of ranting unnecessarily angry
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by kshow1(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2009
OneNaija:

hhhhhhhhhhhmmm e bi like say oneniaja get bif for the poster before o, cos i no understand why all this rantings.
pally take am softly ooo grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Godalone(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2009
Yes
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by dae(f): 1:00pm On May 08, 2009
LOL, nah, reason is -- I dont look my age at all!! im 24 and look 16. Noone has ever gotten my age right from guessing,
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Secretz(f): 1:06pm On May 08, 2009
Yep grin

I think most people have, especially in their early years!! grin

dae:

LOL, nah, reason is -- I dont look my age at all!! im 24 and look 16. Noone has ever gotten my age right from guessing,

That's because you are 16! just joking. tongue tongue

Sis, hope you fine sha? ! nurry girl!! grin
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by OREAWADOO: 1:24pm On May 08, 2009
am sure nollywood actress like clara chukwura dey lie say she be 45 and liz benson
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by FBS: 1:33pm On May 08, 2009
No.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Mastiano(m): 1:46pm On May 08, 2009
Yah i've done that severally to females because each time i tell the truth, they will say, i'm growing more than my age, so i had to lie just to play along. I just 18. but if someone is asked to gess she may say am 20.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Realsam(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2009
Nope
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by mafolayomi(f): 1:55pm On May 08, 2009
Nooooo. i will rather not tell you atall, but most time, i tell pple my real age, though very much younger than my age, so if i tell them, most pple dont beleive me
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by mafolayomi(f): 2:11pm On May 08, 2009
Nooooo. i will rather not tell you atall, but most time, i tell pple my real age, though i look very much younger than my age, so if i tell them, most pple dont beleive me
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by blackis(m): 2:13pm On May 08, 2009
Yes i have. And one particular experience comes to mind when i was job hunting after NYSC. And to think that all the banks, telecom coys, Oil coys etc that i submitted my "age doctored Cv" didn't give me a single call goes to show it isn't right!! However, I got a call from the very one i used my correct age and the rest as they say is history.
This happened in 2006!!! grin
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Bbeee: 2:19pm On May 08, 2009
yes sad
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by OneNaija(m): 2:24pm On May 08, 2009
@ everyone Una don ever Insult una mama before or even slap am for the face? Na so Black spider Just do and Nur be today e dey do am.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Lamidiobi1: 2:36pm On May 08, 2009
ask 9ja woman. na dem dey alway lie
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by untainted: 2:39pm On May 08, 2009
OneNaija:

@ everyone Una don ever Insult una mama before or even slap am for the face? Na so Black spider Just do and Nur be today e dey do am.
haba! koolu temper
wetin e do?
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by fdiva(f): 2:54pm On May 08, 2009
sure when is necessary because u fit see person wey senior u well well d person go lie abt the age so u av no other option than to lie
BUT THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT LIYING IS VERY BAD SO WE SHOULD TRY OUR POSSIBLE BEST TO STOP IT
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by r231(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2009
OneNaija:

bros go sitdown for one side jare, if you ne get nothing to say shut the F***** up, ass wipe I BET U LIE BOUT UR AGE EVERYDAY, MUMU
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Emperoh(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2009
Nope!! what about it?
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by dae(f): 3:06pm On May 08, 2009
Secretz:

Yep grin

I think most people have, especially in their early years!! grin

That's because you are 16! just joking. tongue tongue

Sis, hope you fine sha? ! nurry girl!! grin

You this woman eh! if i catch you, i will so whopp your azz eh your husbands dem will think you look like fada xmas! LOL howz you doing sis? shey u alright sha, mo miss e ooo! we havnt caused trouble lately, as per partners in crime, lol are we not outgoing again? LOL
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by jify(f): 3:13pm On May 08, 2009
NO, i prefer telling people my real age than to deal with having to tell the truth when i get caught
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by OneNaija(m): 3:16pm On May 08, 2009
@r231 who dey talk about age for here. abi your head nur dey they d position again or you want me to help you fit am stupid ass hole.abi you dey slap your mama for house na dey pain you.Nur worry you pikin go slap you too.Idiot.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by Sundaynig(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2009
No there is no need to LIE, as age is something which cannot be hidden or changed by anybody no matter what happens.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by decworld1: 3:23pm On May 08, 2009
no body 4 dis world wa never lied 4 his or her age.
Re: Have You Ever Lied About Your Age? by mayrho(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2009
Never have never will have always said it anywhere it was on every site account I opened till my woman complained about it am okay with it anyways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Especially Those Abroad Hate The Nigerian Accent? / Best Wedding Pics, (urhobo Guy Vs Caribbean Model) / The Preservation Of Dialects In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.