Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,605 members, 7,851,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

I Was A Victim Of Boko Haram - Samuel Eto'o Says - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was A Victim Of Boko Haram - Samuel Eto'o Says (690 Views)

Photo Of Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Members Escaping From Yobe / Ivie Edobor, Victim Of Domestic Violence Marks 1st Anniversary (Photo) / Nigerian Victim Of Sex Trafficking In Italy Tells Her Shocking Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was A Victim Of Boko Haram - Samuel Eto'o Says by Mztarstrechy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
Cameroonian football icon, Samuel Eto’o, has called for international support to tackle Boko Haram.

The Antalyaspor striker, who spoke with the Cable News Network on Thursday in an interview, which was monitored by our correspondent, lamented the lack of attention internationally for terrorism in Africa.

He said, “It is important that African people, who are successful, raise their voices to denounce these horrors and raise awareness among the general public.

“I was affected, like many of my African brothers, by Boko Haram. We haven’t been affected by such horrors in a very long time. In the midst of these atrocities, we seem powerless. We saw what happened in France with Charlie Hebdo.

“We were all very sad about this situation and we saw African heads of state coming to Paris to offer their support to France. Why — when it comes to Africa, when it comes to our continent — don’t we do anything?”

The former African Footballer of the Year, while unveiling his charity, Yellow Whistleblower FC, said he would raise $50m to deal with the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria, which has spilled into neighbouring countries such as Cameroon, Niger and Chad.

A total of £51,250 (about $78,480) had been raised when our correspondent visited the group’s website on Thursday.

Speaking on racism against African footballers, Eto’o said, “When you’re African and you’re sometimes better than Europeans or Americans, you are not considered as African. I can’t say no to life, to hope. Hope is the reason; I still have hope for our African continent.

“I really hope there will be other Samuel Eto’os or Yaya Toures and others who are part of history. In order to be part of history, you need to have an impact on life several times. When you impact history several times, that means you are out of the ordinary. That’s why in Africa, we need to say no to ignorance, while accepting and understanding our values.”

Source: http://classicfans..com
Re: I Was A Victim Of Boko Haram - Samuel Eto'o Says by thecardinal(m): 5:26am On Oct 30, 2015
Well done Eto'o
Re: I Was A Victim Of Boko Haram - Samuel Eto'o Says by abumeinben(m): 6:32am On Oct 30, 2015
On point....after government will start cry about forceful take over
Re: I Was A Victim Of Boko Haram - Samuel Eto'o Says by Lanretoye(m): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
OP why u come delete how he was victimised from ur story.

(1) (Reply)

Three Killed, Five Injured As Rival Cult Groups Clash In Ebonyi / Lagos Police Arrest Man Who Sold Bars Of Soap As Phones (photo) / I Was Kidnapped For Refusing To Join Cult – Catholic Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.