Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

READ: What Senators Said Before Amaechi's Ministerial Confirmation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / READ: What Senators Said Before Amaechi's Ministerial Confirmation (766 Views)

Ameachi's Ministerial Confirmation: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts / Picture Of Amaechi After Ministerial Confirmation / Celebration After Amaechi's Ministerial Screening (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

READ: What Senators Said Before Amaechi's Ministerial Confirmation by unuane1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
The Nigerian senate plenary
turned a rowdy session
following deliberation over the
confirmation of ex Rivers
governor, Rotimi Amaechi.
Here's what senators said
after Adhoc Chairman of the
Committee on Ethics and
Privileges Senator Samuel
Anyanwu, read out the
findings and observations of
the Committee.
Senator Sekibo says the
petition it is an allegation and
should not be amended by
any Senator.
'We're joining President
Buhari to fight against
corruption, I hope his
followers join him to fight
against corruption too.' Sen.
Sekibo
Senator Jide Omoworare
says the Committee on Ethics
and Privileges is the most
important Committee of the
House.
He refers to the Senate
Standing Rules saying since
the Petition is in court, the
Senate cannot decide on the
matter.
Sam Anyanwu takes the floor
saying that due to the report
of the C'ttee on Ethics, The
Senate has no right to
recommend confirmation.
Senator Biodun Olujimi says
the Petition is a moral burden
on the House amidst shouts
of 'No No No' from the
senators.
The senate plenary turned
rowdy at this point.
Things calmed down after a
while and then PDP Senators
begged to exit the Senate
Chamber. They picked up
their bags and consequently
left the Senate Gallery
The Senate thereafter rejected
the report of the House
Committee on Ethics and
Privileges and approves
Amaechi as a minister.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/read-what-senators-said-before-amaechis-ministerial-confirmation.135864/
Re: READ: What Senators Said Before Amaechi's Ministerial Confirmation by chimuma(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
wat a day, corruption have come to stat.
Re: READ: What Senators Said Before Amaechi's Ministerial Confirmation by sammysammy111(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
my own question na ... dem no gree ask Amechi question, I tink say dem de form " e no concern me" why dem com de jinja for confirmation, besides make we see d caliber of men wey de accuse Amechi , well I just de sip Alomo with Pepsi (Alomopepsi)

(1) (Reply)

The World Best Vagina Cannot Wait To See Them / When Things Go Wrong; Change The Plan Not The Goal / Breaking! Ikemba Of Asaba, Achuzia Speaks On Obasanjo, Midwest Invasion, Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.