Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! (2239 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern UEFA Round Of 16 / Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi Among The 32 Nominees For Uefa's Best Player In Europe / Uefa Club Rankings Latest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by amigoes(m): 8:52am On May 08, 2009
Before you conclude, I am not a chelsea fan, I am a KOP, but I felt really bad they were cheated when they lost to Iniesta & co. on Wednesday.

There has been arguments about the several penalties that was never given.

We have all read about the conspiracy theory!!! shocked shocked shocked

Drogba's rantings and ravings are well publicized!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
But then how do you explain this?

"A test live match report on the site correctly predicted the correct score and that Barca would grab a late winner. And the site mysteriously knew three of the four Chelsea players who picked up yellow cards as Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and Alex were all booked in both dummy run and real thing."

Robbery?
Stage managed?
Conspiracy theorists correct?

Maybe UEFA didn't really fancy a repeat of last year's final,

What's your opinion?
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by amigoes(m): 9:00am On May 08, 2009
Sorry, lest i forget, you can access the story via this link:

http://www.offthepost.info/2009/05/chelsea-fans-angry-that-uefa-website-predicted-1-1-draw/

with screen shot.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by amigoes(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2009
more,

Chelsea fans angry that Uefa website predicted 1-1 draw

CHELSEA fans blasted UEFA after discovering the final score of 1-1 was posted on its website HOURS before kick-off.
Blues supporters were stunned that the governing body of European football correctly predicted the outcome of the explosive Champions League semi-final with Barcelona.

A dummy match report on UEFA’s website even stated the Spanish giants would get a late equaliser.

It also rightly predicted three of the four Chelsea players who got booked — Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and Alex.

One Chelsea fan who rang The Sun said: “This ‘test’ is remarkably similar to the actual result.”

UEFA was unavailable for comment last night.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2418435.ece
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by switch47(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2009
DID UEFA Prevent Dem chelsea players from scoring the clear cut chances they had?? UEFA hold dem Drogba, anelka, Belletti or Lamparg legs?? shocked shocked
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by proudly9ja(m): 10:52am On May 08, 2009
In as much as I do not like buying into these conspiracy theories, I remember the same thing happened last year when Arsenal lost to Liverpool. A site had predicted exactly the results before the kickoff and bookies stopped collecting bets minutes before the match, etc etc.

There may be something in it and again, considering all the conspiracy theories on youtube, it may just be some smart people playing on our minds.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by presido1: 11:31am On May 08, 2009
If this is a ploy then Ballack and chelsea are part of it. If you watch the game again you will notice that Ballack gave way for Iniesta to shoot.
He intentionally dodged the ball otherwise he could have prevented the goal.

Chafs plan did not work and that's it. Konspiracy Ko Konspiracy ni

How can english members on UEFA board allow such thing to happen. Its just like saying FA rig in favour of man united when you have arsenal, liverpool, chafs and other club fans on FA board. They will be stupid if they allow FA to favour Man United so will be English board members in UEFA.
Maybe you think UEFA is Platini.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by amigoes(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2009
proudly9ja:

In as much as I do not like buying into these conspiracy theories, I remember the same thing happened last year when Arsenal lost to Liverpool. A site had predicted exactly the results before the kickoff and bookies stopped collecting bets minutes before the match, etc etc.

There may be something in it and again, considering all the conspiracy theories on youtube, it may just be some smart people playing on our minds.

considering the fact that the said site belongs to UEFA, made it spookier cheesy
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by akinalabi(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2009
You did not bring up ANY proof.

But to be honest, not very many non EPL fans want a repeat so
there is a possibility.

But to metion conspiracy, that means you have to start talking
about UEFA sitting down to plan Chelsea's elimination which
cannot be proved.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 08, 2009
Lousy shit.
What about the first leg?
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by ogazi007(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2009
I  also read the same story in goal.com.the site also predicted that chelsea would be reduced to 10 men while barca grabed last minute equalizer.
what an irony?barca was the better side and they are in the finals.what was UEFA thinking when they paired fc porto and villareal  the two weakest teams left in the competition with two english teams in the quarterfinal?nobody says it was a conspiracy?when barca had a clear penalty in the first leg and the ref ignored it,when it was obvious ballack deserves a second yellow card when he drags inesta jersy near box eighteen plus uncountable reckless tackles by chelsea players that the  ref ignored, and guss hidink and chelsea players were all praising the ref for a job well done,now that ur negative fooball didnot favoured u guys and u pay dearly for adding a defender when u had one goal advantage and ur opponent was one man down.common football no dey lie,barca merit the final.conspiracy couldnot have stops DD,Lampard,belleti,anelka from not taking their chances,conspiracy that makes the ref to dished out harsh red card to barca and barca were still brave enough to replaced defensive midfielder with another attacker.chelsea lost to a better side,take the defeat in good faith and support barca to go all the way to claim the trophy.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Sauron1: 1:01pm On May 08, 2009
akinalabi:

You did not bring up ANY proof.

But to metion conspiracy, that means you have to start talking
about UEFA sitting down to plan Chelsea's elimination which
cannot be proved.

Turning down 4 penalty claims of which 3 were genuine was a helping hand to keep Barcelona in the tie.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by jaybee3(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2009
don't tell me y'all believe 'em crap/bull or whatever you wanna call it.

Put it this way, you can go back to modify/amend entries you've made on nairaland so why can't they do it on an ungoverned site?
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Turning down 4 penalty claims of which 3 were genuine was a helping hand to keep Barcelona in the tie.

Et tu,Sauron?
What about Drogba's chance to go 2-nil up 10 mins into the second half?
What about Ballack dodging iniesta's shot?
What about playing close to 30 mins (normal +stoppage time) with an extra man,yet allowing barca to dominate play?
What about the phantom red card to Abidal?
What about the German ref who refused to book Ballack a second time in Camp Nou?
What about the henry incident when he was dragged down in the box?
What about Essien's tackle on Iniesta (a straight red)?
was it ony chelsea who had a right to be aggrieved?
come on.We've gone over this time and time again for the past few days and the fact remains;Chelsea didn't take their chances.
agreed,the refereeing was not worth yesterday's garbage.But it's now an excuse because the obvious response is to blame everyone but themselves.
If a disallowed goal was involved,then I'd be more inclined to believe a conspiracy.As we all know,those 3 penalties could be missed.Ask Martin Parlemo (Copa America 99)
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by coolguyz(m): 1:15pm On May 08, 2009
i'm sure if drogba ddnt get carried away wt his antics and scored the glaring chances he had rather than dubious dives, u would nt say conspiracy.

if conspiracy, then chelsea defenders are as guilty for frustrating barca for 92 minutes and then allow the first direct shot on goal head straight into the net.

afterall, barca's goal was nt contentious else mayb that would hv gvn ur imaginary conspiracy theory a lil bite, it was a good goal and fans around the world happy for it.

conspiracy is only coming up cos chelsea lost and everyone is screaming the referee's head but wen decisions were against barca (the obvious red card), anelka smiled at himself he had done a perfect job by reducing barca and i still believe that supposed gift to chelsea was the turning point in the game.

face it - referee's error happens a lot which noone is happy about but to start talks about conspiracy, i guess it's from sour losers only!

if man utd had won arsenal wt a lone goal from ronaldo's free kick, mayb arsenal could hv screamed conspiracy cos it was a tackle nt worthy of a free kick but they lost by a margin that trying to blame referee cant hold water as 2 other well taken chances were converted.

if man utd had also lost the match, i'm sure we would still be arguing about fletcher's red card till now cos that was also another poor judgement, bt they dd what had to be done.

rather than scream conspiracy, i advise u all go hang drogba by his balls cos i dnt think the conspirators had controll over his legs when he was free on goal wt calamity valdes already sprawled on the ground at his mercy.

i guess they were only paid back in a coin chelsea too is used to - snatching wins at dead of time against run of play. it's bitter but makes football sweeet. u can imagine the feeling inside iniesta that nyt?
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by debosky(m): 1:18pm On May 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

So was DD's, Lamp's and Anelka's atrocious finishing, Ballack's cowardice in blocking Iniesta's shot and Cech's lack of alertness to concede the goal.

So in essence even Chelski was supporting the conspiracy. cheesy
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by coolguyz(m): 1:21pm On May 08, 2009
@Eastbay

thanx for taking us back to the first tie in camp nou sef, abeg help me ask dem all that questions again ooooo!.
was barca not denied a penalty as well?
who held drogba's legs on two occassions wen he was one on one wt valdes who is apparently the wealest link in the barca line-up? (i'm sure my grandma would hv done better wt the marquez error dt drogba flopped)
we need look beyond our nose and i request we go look at the match all over again, that barca's goal started from a chelsea error, the ball was played back, ballack (as usual wt his bad luck in not winning any continental trophy - club and national) jumped away from the ball to gv barca a deserved goal for the spirit they showed despite being unjustifiably a man down.

lets stop sulking and be more objective. chelsea deserved a penalty at stamford bridge but was not given - accepted. same way barca deserved a penalty and got a man sent off too due to poor officiating.!
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by coolguyz(m): 1:25pm On May 08, 2009
@debosky

u were ryt on spot jare.

i guess we need ask hw much they were paid by betting cartels to help wt the conspiracy grin grin grin

rather than face obvious they are chasing shadows!
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by dayokanu(m): 2:17pm On May 08, 2009
Sure it was a conspiracy and Chelsea players were in the thick of it.

Drogba, ANelka, Lampard, Ballack all conspired to miss glaring opportunities to work to the script of a 1-1 game

Cech and Ballack allowed the equaliser so they were part of it.

They predicted yellows for Ballack Alex and Drogba. Even if the FA chairman was ref he couldnt but give those yellows

My conclusion is that Chelsea players were paid to throw the game and were part of the conspiracy
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by codedguy1(m): 2:43pm On May 08, 2009
debosky:

So was DD's, Lamp's and Anelka's atrocious finishing, Ballack's cowardice in blocking Iniesta's shot and Cech's lack of alertness to concede the goal.

dayokanu:

Sure it was a conspiracy and Chelsea players were in the thick of it.

Drogba, ANelka, Lampard, Ballack all conspired to miss glaring opportunities to work to the script of a 1-1 game

Cech and Ballack allowed the equaliser so they were part of it.

They predicted yellows for Ballack Alex and Drogba. Even if the FA chairman was ref he couldnt but give those yellows

My conclusion is that Chelsea players were paid to throw the game and were part of the conspiracy

This has just convinced me beyond reasonable and unreasonable doubt that there was a conspiracy against Chelsea, Even their players were in on it grin grin shocked cool
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Sauron1: 3:16pm On May 08, 2009
debosky:

Stop being a small retard.
There will always be missed chances in football games.
For instance, Man Utd V Arsenal at OT. . . . . . .United scored first and fired blanks throughout the game.
Lets now assume Arsenal equalised in the same game after the referee had turned down 4 genuine penalty claims, would u say United players took part in one shitty conspiracy? It takes a YES/NO from the referee to decide games at critical moment.

The Referee knew Barcelona were still in the tie as long as he kept the result at 1-0.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Akolawole(m): 3:41pm On May 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

For instance, Man Utd V Arsenal at OT. . . . . . .United scored first and fired blanks throughout the game.

Abi o
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by debosky(m): 4:15pm On May 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop being a small retard.

They fired blanks but they didn't concede. Chelski lost this game because they lost concentration at the vital moment in the game. All this referee talk is bollocks.

Even with all the refereeing decisions, Chelski led till almost the end when they BLEW it with Ballack ducking like a prat instead of fighting for the ball. No energy to block a shot but had the energy to chase Ovbredo all over the pitch like a headless Chicken. cheesy In fact they deserved to lose for that. grin grin grin
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by tayoccu(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2009
I've seen this sorry conspiracy theory thingy on 2 different sites,
goal.com the most unreliable football website in cyberspace and offthepost.info, but neither of the sites provided any form of evidence A BLOODY PRINT SCREEN WILL DO!!!!!!!

so pending the time i see evidence, I ask all y'all conspiracy theorists to SHUT THE EFF UP!!!!!
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Sauron1: 4:27pm On May 08, 2009
debosky:

They fired blanks but they didn't concede. Chelski lost this game because they lost concentration at the vital moment in the game. All this referee talk is bollocks.

Even with all the refereeing decisions, Chelski led till almost the end when they BLEW it with Ballack ducking like a prat instead of fighting for the ball. No energy to block a shot but had the energy to chase Ovbredo all over the pitch like a headless Chicken. cheesy In fact they deserved to lose for that. grin grin grin

Debosky, when will u stop being bitter?
Chelsea is a London club like Arsenal. . . . . . .I expect you to support em not rib em into pieces.
I am for all English clubs to succeed in Europe. . . . .If that was Arsenal being cheated out, i would go mental as well.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by kaypumpin2(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2009
I can not believe anyone will buy into this namby pamby UEFA conspiracy BS of the English press and their ilks.

It is not worth a thread really.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by switch47(m): 4:46pm On May 08, 2009
debosky:

BRAVO!! OTTIMO!! grin grin grin
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by kaypumpin2(m): 4:52pm On May 08, 2009
And maybe IF Drogba had not been hugging the turf for most part of the game,the added time wouldnt even be that much grin.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Sauron1: 4:56pm On May 08, 2009
kay_pumpin:

I can not believe anyone will buy into this namby pamby UEFA conspiracy BS of the English press and their ilks.

It is not worth a thread really.

See these hypocrites.
I can bet you and Debosky said the same thing when Henry was denied Ballon d'Or/FIFA Player Of The Year when he was plying his trade at Arsenal.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by amigoes(m): 4:59pm On May 08, 2009
If the match had been Nigeria Vs Argentina (i.e. NIGERIA=Chelsea and ARGENTINA= Barcelona),
With Ovrebo (the ref) ignoring several penalty appeals,
How many of us will (still) retain our (line of) arguments?
How many of us will give FIFA a pat on the back?

The issue here is,, -lets be objective, -the Referee goofed.
And the fact that he goofed repeatedly lent credence to all these anti "all-English final" theories.
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by kaypumpin2(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

See these hypocrites.
I can bet you and Debosky said the same thing when Henry was denied Ballon d'Or/FIFA Player Of The Year when he was plying his trade at Arsenal.

I feel your crying more than the bereaved is the hypocrisy here grin,or is it the fear of Iniesta,Henry,Xavi et al thats is making you less-objective?

Did Ovrebo stopped Drogba from burying the chances he had over the 2 legs or maybe he's part of the plan and his act after the match was part of the farce too 

Sauron,now i am sure you bought into the India(99)-Nig(0) story grin

amigoes:

If the match had been Nigeria Vs Argentina (i.e. NIGERIA=Chelsea and ARGENTINA= Barcelona),
With Ovrebo (the ref) ignoring several penalty appeals,
How many of us will (still) retain our (line of) arguments?
How many of us will give FIFA a pat on the back?

The issue here is,, -lets be objective, -the Referee goofed.
And the fact that he goofed repeatedly lent credence to all these anti "all-English final" theories.

I believe the less objective post are the ones trying to shove the conspiracy shenanigan down our throat. embarassed

There is no doubt that the referee GOOFED(the red card to Abidal was the highlight),just like the ref that refused to award Barca a penalty in the 1st leg.

If UEFA had wanted to eliminate English clubs,the Q/F pairing was a better opportunity,damn i cant believe i am trying to justify my belief that there was no conspiracy
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by Uche2nna(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2009
kay_pumpin:

y,damn i cant believe i am trying to justify by belief that there was no conspiracy

LOL!!!!!

When some farce is told repeatedly , it begins to take some consistency and with time some credence. Thats how legends are made.

Conspiracy theory, my foot!!!
Re: Proof: Uefa Didn't Want An All-english Final! by akinalabi(m): 6:02pm On May 08, 2009
When we talk about conspiracy, I look at it in 2 ways.

One is the official conspiracy where the UEFA big wigs
will sit down to plan how to eliminate Chelsea. That is
far fetched and I dont believe in it.

The second is more like the unspoken conspiracy where
officials and neutral fans wont want something to happen.

More like after Chelsea won the league twice in a row and
the whole of England outside Stamford Bridge "conspired
against" them. Almost everyone backed Fergie and Man Utd
to undo Chelsea.

That is the type I think happened. Most non EPL fans d
not want a repeat of last year's final. This might have
sub conciously affected the referee's decisions.

I don't really like the point of we cannot talk about
conspiracy since they did not bury their own chances.

Does their not burying their chances mean the referee
should deny them stone wall penalties?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid. 2nd Leg, Copa Dey Rey. 26 February 2012, 9pm / DOWNLOAD VIDEO Club Brugge 0 V 4 Manchester United (champions League Highlights) / Should Wenger Be Sacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.