Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike (7284 Views)

Saraki, Sheriff Hold Secret Talks / Fresh Dust Raised Over Supreme Court Decision On Rivers Guber Election / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Abagworo(m): 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
A meeting of political leaders from the riverine part of Rivers State have resolved to take their destiny in their hands and shun the candidature of Barrister Nyesom Wike in the forthcoming Governorship re-run election in the state.
Rising from a crucial meeting in Port-Harcourt on Sunday, October 26 the leaders described their relationship with Wike as suspect as the Ikwerre born politician has shown that he cannot be trusted to keep his part of any bargain following what the source described as the experience of deceit and ethnocentrism since May 29 2015.
The meeting which was held in the G.R.A Phase 2 residence of a prominent third republic politician said the riverine people are united in their resolve to chart a new political path by aligning with the APC in the state where they believe the Ijaw nation can discover their full potentials. “We have made our mistakes on April 11, 2015. We have not only discovered ourselves but want to recover ourselves. At least there is no Jonathan or Patience sentiment and lies to tell anymore. We thank God we have a second chance to re strategize”
Dr Preye Omubo , who spoke on behalf of the people said, “We have set up five committees to drive the new process of recovering our people. The report is expected in 14 days when our Leaders will reconvene. Never shall we allow any person to use us and dump us. This is our opportunity to work together with like- minds to achieve our lost glory. we cannot afford to be in opposition with the APC government at the centre. This is the turn of the riverine people in Rivers State’’. Dr Omubo emphasized.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by nasoeb: 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
blg lies
op try harder with your lies very soon you go make am because hardwork pays ONLY SAY NO SOURCE and you know what that means LIES. It was you igbos that refused to accept that dakuku is an Ijaw man. you igbos fabricated documents and claim(hear say) he attended ohanesa(at the basement of your family house i guess) now you again (usual igbo deceitful manner) claiming the Ijaws are dumping wike to support their fellow Ijaw brother. changing stand when it suits you. again surprise how you igbos chose to "look the other way" and ignore the fact that their is "NO SOURCE TO THIS NEWS. Be straight forward for once and redeem your bruised, smelly useless image our dear, lovely igbo brothers.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by dinachi(m): 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Abagworo:
A meeting of political leaders from the riverine part of
Rivers State have resolved to take their destiny in their
hands and shun the candidature of Barrister Nyesom Wike
in the forthcoming Governorship re-run election in the state.

Rising from a crucial meeting in Port-Harcourt on Sunday,
October 26 the leaders described their relationship with
Wike as suspect as the Ikwerre born politician has shown
that he cannot be trusted to keep his part of any bargain
following what the source described as the experience of
deceit and ethnocentrism since May 29 2015.

The meeting which was held in the G.R.A Phase 2 residence
of a prominent third republic politician said the riverine
people are united in their resolve to chart a new political
path by aligning with the APC in the state where they
believe the Ijaw nation can discover their full potentials.
“We have made our mistakes on April 11, 2015. We have
not only discovered ourselves but want to recover
ourselves. At least there is no Jonathan or Patience
sentiment and lies to tell anymore. We thank God we have a
second chance to re strategize”

Dr Preye Omubo , who spoke on behalf of the people said,
“We have set up five committees to drive the new process
of recovering our people. The report is expected in 14 days
when our Leaders will reconvene. Never shall we allow any
person to use us and dump us. This is our opportunity to
work together with like- minds to achieve our lost glory. we
cannot afford to be in opposition with the APC government
at the centre. This is the turn of the riverine people in
Rivers State’’. Dr Omubo emphasized.
Long overdue my brother! Wike has not appointed commisioners yet because he hopes to use that as a bargaining chip but the moment Amaechi is confirmed as Minister of Niger Delta, Wikes position will be severely weakened. It is completely over for Wacko Wike in Rivers State.

16 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by i8sins(m): 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
You cannot change d direction of the wind, but u can always adjust ur sails to reach ur destination... that's just what the they are doing now.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by dustmalik: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
I'm glad they are waking up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Obiagu1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
I said it, these Ijaws are worse than the Yoruba in treachery.
Tufiakwa!

From Timi Alaibe to Clark to all Ijaws.
Now they can even eat one their own alive!

Getting my scissors to cut off any link with those guys.
Traitors.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by 4reala(m): 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
Na big Lie shocked, rather them dey strategize how dem go take win d rerun 4 am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:35am On Oct 30, 2015
I thought Niger Delta was one no division between ljaws and others, why the Ijaws are now playing ethnic card? It seems they only find the name
Niger Delta convenience to pronounce when they want to grab all the benefits from the amnesty program.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 30, 2015
wow, like I always said politics breeds traitors wike over to you release your own media statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Xano(m): 4:39am On Oct 30, 2015
Interesting.
No link, same APC dude.
Nice spin(lie).
You think lies will sell again.
Unfortunate
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Warlord3000(m): 6:19am On Oct 30, 2015
Aaaah diaris godu oooo shocked cry
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by size40: 6:27am On Oct 30, 2015
To many of us who are from Rivers state, we know this will come to play because we all saw how Wike used lies, deceit, violence, intimidation, propaganda and betrayal against Rotimi Amaechi to grab power.Yes, I come from Rivers state and I want rotation of the seat of governor among the 3 senatorial zones. Wike is greedy and selfish. After all APC, PDP,APGA etc are all Nigerian political parties. Both Wike and Dakuku are all from Rivers state so d right thing must be done

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Terabyteck(m): 6:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Sorry, the Total votes from that angle is less than the total votes from Obio/Akpo LGA in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by bugzbunny: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2015
Obiagu1:
Tufiakwa!

Traitors.
Fortunately ijaws are d minority
They can't do jack
Let barcanista open ur eyes on ijaws

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by urbanmonk: 7:06am On Oct 30, 2015
Obiagu1:
Tufiakwa!

Traitors.
haha. This is an established fact bro. They love real/hard cash more than anything in the world. If Clark can deny Jonathan, then that tells you the character of an average Ijaw man.
Any map of Biafra that includes the ijaws is a waste of time. They are better off on their own as their confusion knoweth no bounds.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by FreeGlobe(f): 7:11am On Oct 30, 2015
Obiagu1:
Tufiakwa!

Traitors.
exactly what I wanted to say. These people are the true definition of any government in power. They are the same people polluting the minds of indigenous igbos in SS

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by FreeGlobe(f): 7:12am On Oct 30, 2015
urbanmonk:
haha. This is an established fact bro. They love real/hard cash more than anything in the world. If Clark can deny Jonathan, then that tells you the character of an average Ijaw man.
Any map of Biafra that includes the ijaws is a waste of time. They are better off on their own as their confusion knoweth no bounds.
I have always advocated a Biafra without Ijaws. These people will bring their treachery to biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Abagworo(m): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
I thought Niger Delta was one no division between ljaws and others, why the Ijaws are now playing ethnic card? It seems they only find the name
Niger Delta convenience to pronounce when they want to grab all the benefits from the amnesty programs.

It is nothing new to those of us that know Rivers politics. No just mind will support permanent occupation of Governorship by only one ethnic group in a State we have over 20. Moreso the riverine area has not occupied that position since 1999.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2015
Whatever
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by jditimiya(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Obiagu1:
Tufiakwa!

Traitors.

For you information we can never be like the yourbas because we know what we stand for. The Ijaws are the one at the receiving end of all the politics done in these country. In every human there is form of self interest and will. Please address us with full respect.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by rusher14: 8:28am On Oct 30, 2015
Obiagu1:
Tufiakwa!

Traitors.

What agreement did you have with the Ijaws that has been reneged?

What's the treachery in wanting peace and development for one's people?

There's a reality of life.

Learn to live with it

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by omenka(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2015
@Abagworo, you aren't new here. An important part, perhaps most important part, of your story is missing. You know what to do. wink

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2015
Abagworo:

Ijaw tribe are minorities in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by DONSMITH123(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2015
season 2 loading...Wike are you there...................?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by HopeAtHand: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2015
Abagworo:

Immediately they tow tribal lines, Wike will win because those of us who do not support wike will reconsider once tribe is dangled at us.
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by HopeAtHand: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2015
Abagworo:

It is nothing new to those of us that know Rivers politics. No just mind will support permanent occupation of Governorship by only one ethnic group in a State we have over 20. Moreso the riverine area has not occupied that position since 1999.

Abagworo stop this ur nonesense..go to Imo state and start your justice there.You are not from Rivers state..Do not cause unnecessary confusion in my state.

Maybe i remind you, Ikwerre areas have what it takes to perpetuate ourselves..just dat some of us don't like Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by patrick89(m): 8:56am On Oct 30, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Immediately they tow tribal lines, Wike will win because those of us who do not support wike will reconsider once tribe is dangled at us.
now I know you are myopic sorry if it offends you!

but I have made my own private research on ijaw on social media! And I can tell you that they are playing ethnic card already.. visit their pages online. you will be shocked.. I swear down, barcanista will not vote wike....
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by patrick89(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2015
An APC deputy senate majority leader said on Sunrisedailynow on channels tv that the government must do everything to get rivers state because it is very critical of their government.. Menn! if I were supporting dakuku I will reconsider! how can I support people that are preparing to feast on my state?
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by HopeAtHand: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2015
patrick89:

now I know you are myopic sorry if it offends you!

but I have made my own private research on ijaw on social media! And I can tell you that they are playing ethnic card already.. visit their pages online. you will be shocked.. I swear down, barcanista will not vote wike....

They are a minority in Rivers state..If they openly campaign against using tribalism, if Wike wins, he will show them how vindictive he can be..
Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by asha80(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2015
patrick89:
An APC deputy senate majority leader said on Sunrisedailynow on channels tv that the government must do everything to get rivers state because it is very critical of their government.. Menn! if I were supporting dakuku I will reconsider! how can I support people that are preparing to feast on my state?
is dakuku ijaw?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike by imsuboi(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2015
Abagworo the rumor monger. Has Imo State politics become too "boring" for your illiterate _ass? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abducted PDP National Youth Leader, Sunday Udeh-okoye Regains Freedom / Alleged $3m Bribe: Farouk Lawan Files No-case Submission(photos) / Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.