Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,838 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 (67520 Views)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Damfostopper(m): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
am waiting to laff last wen d egyptians flogs n disgrace dem...hw can u draw swaziland....who den will d will.....?questions for d gods....like mourinho like oliseh...hw can u introduce a player in d second half...n after 20 mins..u remove am again?huh....bastarrrds
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by damosky12(m): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We lost the qualification ticket by one goal. Coach Keshi was without a contract for almost seven months. Sacked during the qualifiers and disrupted the camp. Owed for several months. There was a deliberate attempt to make him fail.

After he won the AFCON by introducing some home based players, his assistant coach Sylvanus Okpala was sacked and the NFF members told Oliseh to stop using Home based players.

Until Nigerians realize Keshi was sabotaged to fail, they will not understand the politics in the NFF... They had wanted him out since winning AFCON. He was good enough to qualify them for the world cup and took them to the round of 16 without regular payment for him and the players.. What other proof do we need to believe he is good?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
dabossman:

Same impatience being exhibited now. Calling for Oliseh's sack after how many games? I didn't even support Oliseh's appointment because I feel he is yet to prove himself elsewhere, but I won't call for his sack this early. He is yet to lose a competitive game if I'm not mistaken.

I was also totally against Coach Oliseh's employment because I know there is more to football than a Coaching License.

Villas Boas with all his genius knowledge in football (Joined FC Porto's Coaching Crew at sixteen years), lost a lot of games after getting his first Job as a head coach.

However, we should support Oliseh because he can improve on the Job. There will certainly be challenges due to his lack of experience.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
BabaO2:
[/b]
This guy are too nervous and angry at nothing. You have contradicted yourself, that is exactly what just happened today @ "An average team can shock a star studded team"

Where did I contradict myself? Can you explain? Concerning the French game, it was a deliberate attempt to stop us, the same man Blaise Matuidi injured Ambrose and Onazi. Not one but two players. An average team can shock a good team based on sound and smart tactical arrangement.

We witnessed last week how a poorly performing Aston Villa, under a new manager shocked Man City to a draw. Most bookmakers missed that.

That was due to a brilliant tactical master plan of the Aston Villa Coach.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
Alanjeffy:

just here to celebrate FTC with yu. Lol.
lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Tantolu: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
The fact is its not a team like Swaziland that we shld play with 11 foreign based pros,our home pros with few foreign pros wld have done beta,Musa,mikel echijile oboabona had no biz in this match.mikel successfully played Rabiu out of the match until Rabiu was substituted,same thing he did for Ramon azeez at d World Cup.as for Oliseh he needs to see a pyscologist fast to work on his temper and ego.d guy no fit last!
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
It was still a technically "stupid" move on Oliseh's part.

Wanna play martins?? Then take out Ighalo!!!!! (BUT EVEN SO, IGHALO WASN'T DOING BAD.) So why bring him in?? In fact, why invite him in the first place when you know there's JUST NO WAY HE WAS GOING TO START THIS GAME?? WHY??

Oliseh wasted one substitution spot by bringing in Rabiu and taking him out again. Why?? A mistake.... He tried to correct it by bringing in Iheanacho for Rabiu...... Now look at this team..... Was there any need to "touch anything"

Gk: Carl Ikeme

Dfs: Abdullahi Ambrose Oboabona Echiejile

Mfs: Onazi (in defensive midfield), Mikel (in Central/Defensive midfield) and Iheanacho( in AMF role/SS role)

FWs: Musa(Right), Ighalo(Centre forward) and Simon Moses(left)

((This team above would have won that game by at least 2 goals)) **NO ARGUMENTS ABOUT THAT**

Any Keen Observer of this team knew Ighalo was the man to start as no.9. With Martins to get a run-out maybe later in the game BUTTTT NOT AT MIKEL'S EXPENSE. NOT WHEN WITH NACHO IN THE AMF ROLE/SS ROLE BEHIND IGHALO AND MIKEL AND ONAZI RUNNING THINGS IN MIDFIELD, we were "bound" to get at least a goal.

My goodness!!!!!!!!!! Oliseh holds the highest coaching qualification in Europe (same with Amuneke) and is eligible to coach in the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely preposterous I tell you......

dabossman:

If he doesn't play Martins, a lot of Nigerians will swear that it's why we didn't win?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by MattChidi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
chai na wa o....common Swaziland. . .I don tire for Buhari wailai...since oliseh enter no competitve match he don win...chai
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by BABANGBALI: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
pls who is msglobalwonder?her attention is urgently needed at my crib grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by suaveman(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Wait oo. Maybe oliseh only knows how to deal with the big team.e.g Cameroon. I mean the Egypt match might just be as good as won ! *smirks* oya let the attacks rain...
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
rapthugx:
Easy, he is the Pep Guardiola of Africa lipsrsealed
Enrique nko
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
kendrick9:
u talking nonsense...injuries are part of the game,deal with it...they didn't plan anything...injuries or not, france were clearly the better team that day and if there was one team who looked liked scoring and going to the semis,it was france...i would have bet my last earnings on that

One guy injured two players. Matuidi made the first harsh tackle and Onazi went off the pitch. The Nigerian medical staffs attended to Onazi and he limped into the pitch. After some minutes, Onazi started performing and the same Matuidi came with a rasher tackle that took Onazi out.

That is part of the game. After the same Matuidi injured Ambrose.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by BABANGBALI: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
sunday oliseh is not good,ba shau walahi talahi
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Sij01(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
I just couldn't understand what pattern or formation the SE used to play, they had more or less little chance to hit at goal.
Well, let's wait for the 2nd leg in Naija.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by yoged(m): 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Are we expecting miracle from oliseh? You guys should just allow him to build his team. He hasn't even played up to 10 competitive games. Nigeria team has been bullish1t for a while . If you shouut till tommorow .what will be will be
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Walelavender(m): 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Credible and intelligent foreign coach is what we need. He can call the bluff of any arrogant player. Oliseh has no viable experience nd we can be going to the drawing board again if Oliseh fumbles. Before it's too late.....fire Oliseh!
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by shizzy7(f): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
YOU KNOW WHAT??

You can really "HIT" Oliseh right now.......

He made a "stupid" move by taking off Mikel for Martins.

From the moment that change was made, I knew we were in "trouble".

Come on Oliseh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You messed up big time!!!!!!!!! What's the use of your UEFA Pro-licence qualifications then?? You don't take out a midfield general for a striker....... You just don't.... Haba!!!!!!!

Oliseh's first mistake was bringing in "Rabiu", I expected Nacho firstly not Rabiu.

Rabiu flopped and was "still replaced" (can you imagine? A SUBSTITUTE BEING SUBSTITUTED).

In came Nacho, great!!!! Place him in front of Mikel and Onazi and behind Ighalo. Let Musa and Moses do their thing on the wings......... Oliseh would have left the team "this way" but did he??

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! HE HAD TO SPOIL EVERYTHING BY BRINGING ON MARTINS FOR MIKEL.

WHY NOT MARTINS FOR IGHALO?? WHY DID HE TAKE OUT MIKEL?? WHY??

OLISEH JUST REASONED LIKE AN "AMATEUR" TODAY........ WHAT A "SHOCKINGLY STUPID" MOVE........ Sorry, Oliseh but THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED RIGHT NOW..... KAIIII!!!!! OLISEH SPOILT THE WHOLE THING......

See how the Swazis were celebrating.... They know they "can't" beat us in Nigeria. They just didn't want to lose at "home".

And they got their wish thanks to Oliseh's "Silly" move............ This is so not cool.

See how lost the others were without Mikel.

Or was he trying to spoil Iheanacho's Debut or what??

Must Martins play?? Why not use him for the 2nd leg and win this game first...... Or does he not know this is gonna hurt our "fifa rankings"??

Abeg..... Oliseh...... YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.....

tongue tongue tongue I guess I was just saying rubbish about Mikel/Chelsea because I did not even watch the match.

They are not going to query oliseh and there is something wrong with NFF. The only consolation is that the match was goalless.

I trust your analysis, so what is the next step now, are we out?
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by jrerico1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
I dont think anyone is coaching this team, Keshi is far better than Oliseh. Oliseh is a confused fellow with a captain's tactics
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
Damfostopper:
am waiting to laff last wen d egyptians flogs n disgrace dem...hw can u draw swaziland....who den will d will.....?questions for d gods....like mourinho like oliseh...hw can u introduce a player in d second half...n after 20 mins..u remove am again?huh....bastarrrds

I still believe we can beat the Egyptians. Coach Oliseh needs to make some tactical adjustments to the team. Set us up well and we can wreck havoc. We have the fire power in that squad list.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Sij01(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
What a match!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by obainojazz(m): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
So Nigeria no win....I rather watch chelsea match than super eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by edi287: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
MrFootball:

Mehn... U said it all. Our midfield went silent d moment Mikel was removed. Should have been Ighalo taken out.
Even Obafemi had to move to d middle at times to hustle for d ball.
Think oliseh brought him on to play as an AM.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
In "FOUR DAYS", we have the return leg.

I know we're gonna win that one but Oliseh needs to watch it BIG TIME.

After this round, we have the third round of 20 teams placed in 5 groups of "four".

We'll likely not be seeded for the draws and thus might fall into a very "tough" group.

The winner of each group qualifies for the World Cup.

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS BUT OLISEH IS NOT CONSISTENTLY "USING" THEM RIGHT...... HE GOTTA STEP UP OR JUST STEP DOWN FROM THE JOB.......

COME ON OLISEH, YOU ARE TECHNICALLY AND TACTICALLY SOUND..... BUTTTTTT THAT "MOVE" WAS PLAIN STUPID!!!!!!!! #FACT

Long live the Super Eagles.......... *smiles*

shizzy7:
tongue tongue tongue I guess I was just saying rubbish about Mikel/Chelsea because I did not even watch the match.

They are not going to query oliseh and there is something wrong with NFF. The only consolation is that the match was goalless.

I trust your analysis, so what is the next step now, are we out?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
suaveman:

How many super eagles players weren't actually flops in the match?

But Ihenacho own just too much cos I was expecting something beta
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
goalless match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by kendrick9(m): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

One guy injured two players. Matuidi made the first harsh tackle and Onazi went off the pitch. The Nigerian medical staffs attended to Onazi and he limped into the pitch. After some minutes, Onazi started performing and the same Matuidi came with a rasher tackle that took Onazi out.

That is part of the game. After the same Matuidi injured Ambrose.
so nigeria were better than france that day?
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
Walelavender:
Credible and intelligent foreign coach is what we need. He can call the bluff of any arrogant player. Oliseh has no viable experience nd we can be going to the drawing board again if Oliseh fumbles. Before it's too late.....fire Oliseh!

We have brilliant coaches here. I think we should continue with our local coaches and build our identity.

These Westerhoff boys were well trained both locally and overseas. Oliseh is new on the job. He is young and he will make some wrong decisions and learn from them.

He needs time to also get the team to blend with his philosophy a d understand him.

A white man, Phillippe Troussier coached Nigeria and our performances were poor. After the NFA sacked him, a local Coach, Coach Monday Sinclair took over and the next time we played, we were different and exceptional.

If Oliseh goes, we need to continue with our local coaches.
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
kendrick9:

It was a tough game until France took out two key players and we crumbled.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
MattChidi:
chai na wa o....common Swaziland. . .I don tire for Buhari wailai...since oliseh enter no competitve match he don win...chai

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Gibsonworld05(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
The Nigeria team is suppose to be ranked 20th in Africa and 100+ in d world
Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
kendrick9:

The African champions were forced into a change after the break when influential midfielder Ogenyi Onazi was injured by a late tackle from Blaise Matuidi, who was lucky to escape with only a yellow card.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/27969976

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Is it until dey come home b4 dey can finished d job, i just hope swailand beat super eagle in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Germany Players In Tears After 2018 World Cup Exit (Photos) / Tyson Fury Is The New WBC Heavyweight Champion / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.