Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN (39186 Views)

My Phone Is Too Heavy / MTN Gets November 16 Deadline To Pay N1.4trn Fine / "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by magaliyu(f): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2015
if MTN cannot be able to pay that means "THATS THERE FINAL ANSWER" so they shoul just "WALK AWAY"
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by flyingsnail(f): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2015
The game is this

Glo - South W
Eti - North
MTN - SSE

wink
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by BRAV0O(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2015
If this news is creditable I think lalasticlala may have something to say between "NCC should investigate MTN very well cus I can't seem to understand why MTN is claiming 5million lines un-registered, MTN netwrk are operate by smart folks, I can remember back then MTN start this registration campaigns tay tay , I hope its not that they trying to covered up for some lines, what if they'll only cover up for some kind of mediocre! Terrorists! Cus MTN are becoming propaganda netwrk day by day.
NCC should not even base their attention on the penalty MTN sim registration teams need to be probe !
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by ichommy(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2015
Machiny:
Can't stop laughing
grin
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by IYANGBALI: 10:22am On Oct 30, 2015
hahhahhhhaaa empty hen una never see anything
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by efilefun(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2015
lol
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by ikbnice(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2015
so this yeye company can wail too...when una dey comot my money anyhw, i knw see anybody tel o
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Intendy: 10:23am On Oct 30, 2015
I think the regulators in the country
have started work after sleeping for
55 years.
Also the MTN fine was normal in my
view because if you breach
regulations and the fines which had
been stated clearly therein, then there
is no more interpretation needed for
such.
Like someone suggested, there
should be imprisonment for criminal negligence or complicity in the MTN issue.
when people are kidnapped
calls are made with MTN lines cause most are still unregistered and people try to defend them against the fine
Haba!

3 Likes

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by SlickRob(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2015
The wind of change!,MTN is bn brought to earth! They have bn acting like a parallel government in Nigeria.
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by menix(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2015
Heavy ko Hot nii.....

NCC do quick collect the money joor make Osun governor see money wey him go take pay workers abii the money no go follow for revenue...
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by simplynola(m): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Even with the fine paid, who benefits from the one trillion? NCC executives and its staff will feed fat on it, so whats the need.

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by dfav: 10:25am On Oct 30, 2015
please when are they planning to slam MultiChoice DSTV & Gotv operators for poor services and billing people even when their decoders are shut down for a while?

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by ExInferis(m): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2015
And our money you steal daily through unethical and underhanded practices is not too heavy for us to bear abi?

I never signed up for MTNPlay but i get debited every week. I never signed up for callertunes, same thing.

Just yesterday i got a text charging 50 naira per month for caller ID on Android devices. Essentially MTN is planning to charge us for truecaller which is free.

You make more than the fined amount everyday from theft of our data and credit.

If you want to prey on nigerians then you deserve this bloody nose.

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by oyetunder(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2015
We should be reasonable as a Nation... NCC itself needs to be punished! SIM registration should have been mandatory since inception to avoid all these penalties. We may all sit down and be proclaiming the negative sides of MTN, the fact remains that the company has benefited so many. After collecting all the fine, what happens? The money will surely disappear in the pockets of some hungry souls who are no longer finding it easy to steal from the oil sector.

2 Likes

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Osama10(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Na lie oh, them must pay.
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Niyinficient(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2015
Chei! Na we go suffer am o! *breaks MTN sim*
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Pascal181: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2015
The money is too much abeg,if mtn shld pay d outradeous amount then we the mtn subscribers will be at d receiving end. That time u fit make make 2mis call for #200. Or is dis a plot 2 discourage foreign inventors?

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2015
egift:
MTN pay up and stop the noise. Left for me it will be tripled.

#One-third of 2016 budget done set be that grin grin grin grin grin
So this Illegality is how Apc plans to boost the economy? Before we know it,it would affect Private business owners

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Pascal181: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2015
The money is too much abeg,if mtn shld pay d outradeous amount then we the mtn subscribers will be at d receiving end. That u fit make make 2mis call for #200. Or is dis a plot 2 discourage foreign investors?
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by cosby02(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2015
Chiaka:
Yes must be a ploy to ground MTN. If the head was one aboki would Pres. Buhari have made that move. Pres. Buhari is too much of an ethnic bigot to head Nigeria..
What i tell you your thinking is also sectional. undecided
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by SleekyPosh(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Lmaooo...Ile Aye MTN ti Baje finally..thank GOD say i don borrow 450 airtime from them b4 this Tsunami hit them. grin grin angry

Really Enjoying My Honeymoon with my Glo Sim Togbayi kiss kiss cheesy

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by onatisi(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Reptyle:
How did the NCC expect 5 million lines to be disconnected at once? That would have created a crisis of national proportions.

Where was the NCC when the 5 million lines were been registered?

see question sad sad sad sad smh
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Not gonna happen.

They can't afford to pay that much.
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by ferdspiration: 10:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Chimarto:
Forgive them NCC if only they will sell 1GB for 400 naira.
ahan na xo u wan wreck dem?
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2015
MTN everywhere you go you must pay NCC....Oleeeeeeee!!! I dont even buy their voucher again.Im sick and tired of their seevices....From ridiculous charges to unmeaningful sms....the better talk promo they are doing is to lur ppl to buy more of their card....una no fit wise pass me.
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by damiloladuke: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2015
This is the beginning of the end for MTN...we are okay with the rest. South african scammers

are you AN IGBO? check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Idrismusty97(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2015
The money is too small, An extra $2bn should be slammed on them for stealing N50 from us weekly, subscribing us to some silly caller tunes we didn't asked for and those stupîd silly messages. Thunder fire MTN.
Re: N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN by Yanks101: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2015
MTN should leave. Buhari has promised to employ the thousands of families that would be thrown into the job market.
Agent of economic recession since 1984.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? / Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Is The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Worth ₦900,000/$1,999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.