Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! (1980 Views)

N-power: Why We Are Carrying Out BVN Validation Of Participants – FG / N-power 2017 Registration: How To Create Account | Verify BVN & Upload Data / Did You Fill Your Account No And BVN On Fidelity Recruitment Page? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by izutex007(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2015
I got the text below as sms today and almost fell for it untl i discovered some loop holes in the message:
Here is the text:

Visit FirstBank to register for your BVN before 31st Oct. 2015, already registered? Send sms to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN Code. You first.

The loop hole:

Send sms to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN Code

'08076664444' this no. Looks too 'ordinary' to me. Is Firstbank too broke to afford a customised phone no. From any nework carrier?

2. How come i never heard this in any radio or tv jingle ? (am not current but not out of date either).

3. Sims the msg distribution was selective. I got the msg while some of my friends dint. So Firstbank cant afford to sms her whole database?

**MODIFIED:

I was thinking all of these until i visited:

twitter.com/FirstBankngr

for all who commented... God bless you. Nigeria needs ur type.

I had no intention of stirring up panic... I hate seeing pple cheated of their hard earned resources.

My experience from some scam mail in the past came to fore. Indeed ''I (you) cannot always b right''.

Do have a gr8 weekend. #Godbless9ja
cc
seun
lalasticla
Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by decatalyst(m): 11:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Nigeria!

Am so sure there is nothing wrong with Nigeria, but her people.

1 Like

Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by Xtaceeey: 11:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Bros it's real. Just for u to update your BVN with the bank instead of you going there yourself.

Besides it was sent to u probably cuz u av not linked ur BVN to your account with FBN.

About the number... that's more like a customized number if u check well.

If u need further clarification why not visit any FBN around u instead of jumping to conclusion.

Regards

1 Like

Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by glimpse33(m): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Which Way Nigeria

ANYWAYS, GOD BLESS THEIR HUSTLE
Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by izutex007(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2015
Xtaceeey:
Bros it's real. Just for u to update your BVN with the bank instead of you going there yourself.

Besides it was sent to u probably cuz u av not linked ur BVN to your account with FBN.

About the number... that's more like a customized number if u check well.

If u need further clarification why not visit any FBN around u instead of jumping to conclusion.

Regards

Months back....i went to FBN and had my BVN done....how come the issue of having my bank acct. linked?

....of all days friday was choosen to send this msg. Ofcox many wont make it to d bank to ask questions hence many wl use this option. Hv u tot of this too?

I believe nothing this-genuine shld take pple 'unawares'.

For ur suggestion: Visiting any FBN branch tht wl definately pay off.

Some shld pls do so and gv us a feedback....am sure many of us here aint disposed to make it to d bank so soon.
Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by Baeb: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Many people got the same message, especially those who has an error in one way or the other. Be sure of things before you raise false alarm

1 Like

Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by rottennaija(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2015
OP, it's real. From first bank

1 Like

Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by izutex007(m): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
Baeb:
Many people got the same message, especially those who has an error in one way or the other. Be sure of things before you raise false alarm

dear i intended no malice (false alarm)...

My choice of words: 'this is surely a BVN scam'

i found this:

nairaland.com/2694005/bvn-how-link-bvn-other

bvn.firstbanknigeria.com/form/
Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by AyeeIdris(f): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
Guy. I agree with you. It's not hard. Call first bank customer service

1 Like

Re: This Is Surely A BVN Scam!!! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
Same phone number iis used for balance inquiry #NoBeScam grin

(1)

2017 P&G Graduate Traineeship / How Fidelity Bank Made my 2017 / Pls Who Have Idea About EDGE AFRICA? I Have Interview With Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.