Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth (883 Views)

FG Blames Illegal Russian, Chinese Fishing In Nigerian Waters For Low Revenue / FG Blames Police, Army, Customs For High Cost Of Food.. / Blame Obasanjo For Nigeria’s Energy Crisis –atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by erunz(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
The Federal Government has blamed high population growth for the country’s inability to meet the energy needs of its citizens and business outfits.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachi Lawal, who laid the blame in a speech at the inauguration of the Nigeria Energy Calculator developed by the Energy Council of Nigeria in Abuja on Wednesday, said effective planning was strategic to sustainable energy development in the country.

Lawal, who was represented at the event by the Director of Public Relations, SGF office, Ijeoma Onuagu, said concerted efforts must be made by all stakeholders to address the nation’s intractable energy crisis.

He said, “The growth in energy demand far exceeds supply principally due to high population growth rate and expansion of economic activities. It is in realisation of the dire need for enhanced energy security in the country that the Federal Government adopted the dual strategy of increasing capacity as well as diversifying the energy supply base.

“In line with the government’s agenda for change, this administration is committed to ensuring that all national resources are optimally mobilised to power our development aspiration.”

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2015

WHEN NIGERIANS VOTED APC, THEY DID NOT FOR THE PROBLEM, FIX THE PROBLEM AS PROMISED OR STFU
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by vandops10(m): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
we don't want excuses.u blamed d pdp for this samething

2 Likes

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by rusher14: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sometimes you find that articles are worded in such a way to provoke some emotions against the intention of the speaker.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by respect80(m): 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
I Laff grin
Cheap excuses undecided

L. L. . A. L (lying liars always lying)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by seacoast(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hehehe maybe as soon as APC took over the population increased..

2 Likes

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by seacoast(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hehehe maybe as soon as APC took over the population increased.. Lacking excuses
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by erunz(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
AFTER 5 MONTHS NOTHING TO SHOW WE EVEN HAVE A GOVERNMENT, I THOUGHT GMB BODY LANGUAGE WILL FIX IT, WHY ARE U NOW GIVING US EXCUSES

1 Like

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by Rich4god(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
lol..... Even satan will be scared at the mention of APC.... lying liars club...

2 Likes

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by ajasbaba(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
see there mouth so we should not marry and born pikin again.

population growth my Ass.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by tope777(m): 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
...ooooohhhhh that is why you people reducing the population gradually through Boko boys

1 Like

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by POWEROFPEACE(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
How can they be talking of overpopulation as cause of energy failure when a single politician loots millions of dollars from the country enough to buy a whole nation. For example, Madueke, Saraki and many others. This excuse is totally unacceptable.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by PointB: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
We don't care if it was caused by rain, shine, or tornado. You were elected to fix, not regal us with stories. Just fix the darn thing duara dullard!
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by 400billionman: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
Funny government..

No NEPA for one week now and fuel is targeting N120 per litre.

Effect of Body Language..
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by mrphysics(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
its d gospel truth, d ever growing population is adding too much pressure in our power sector
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by appini: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Thunder fire you and your dullard old soldier! parading himself as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Nonentities!!!
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by Truth4eva: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
APC, you are inexcusable!
Nevertheless, imagine this scenario. A man marries four wives and each gives birth to three male and two female children. This makes a total of 20 children from a man. Each of the 12 male children marries 3 wives and gives birth to 4 male and 2 female children. The total becomes 216 children. Compare this with one man one woman marriage and see the difference. This tells you one of the causes of population growth.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by coolzeal(m): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
What happened to the 16billion dollars OBJ stole for power? I wonder why this man is still moving around freely with all that money. Truly, Nigeria/Zoo is a laughing stock. Disintegration of this country will do much good for the development of every region than one Nigeria.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by Ciscogod(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
If Nigeria blame power failure on population growth.

What now happen to steady power in india and china.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by kossyablaze(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
400billionman:
Funny government..
No NEPA for one week now and fuel is targeting N120 per litre.
Effect of Body Language..
here na 24hrs lyt o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by kossyablaze(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ciscogod:
If Nigeria blame power failure on population growth.

What now happen to steady power in india and china.
Exactly my tots

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
erunz:
The Federal Government has blamed high population growth for the country’s inability to meet the energy needs of its citizens and business outfits.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachi Lawal, who laid the blame in a speech at the inauguration of the Nigeria Energy Calculator developed by the Energy Council of Nigeria in Abuja on Wednesday, said effective planning was strategic to sustainable energy development in the country.

Lawal, who was represented at the event by the Director of Public Relations, SGF office, Ijeoma Onuagu, said concerted efforts must be made by all stakeholders to address the nation’s intractable energy crisis.

He said, “The growth in energy demand far exceeds supply principally due to high population growth rate and expansion of economic activities. It is in realisation of the dire need for enhanced energy security in the country that the Federal Government adopted the dual strategy of increasing capacity as well as diversifying the energy supply base.

“In line with the government’s agenda for change, this administration is committed to ensuring that all national resources are optimally mobilised to power our development aspiration.”

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2015

WHEN NIGERIANS VOTED APC, THEY DID NOT FOR THE PROBLEM, FIX THE PROBLEM AS PROMISED OR STFU
Idi0ts
Next thing is to start importing contraceptives abi?

1 Like

Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by itstpia8: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
will read the write up when I have time.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by TechRev: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
No wonder they bokoharam.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by erunz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lalasticlala PLESE HELP US DO THE NEEDFUL
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by LastSurvivor: 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
The dullard and his brothers don finish us..
So population increased on may 29th

I think we are in for a very very long ride..
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by Opinedecandid(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
The reality of governance is dawning on APC.

I wonder whether churning out excuses for every failure will do.
I really wonder.

Talk is cheap, very cheap.
So is propaganda.

It's time to settle down to the businesses of leading, governing (not ruling) Nigeria.
Have your best shots and cut the tales.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by juman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
The government should reduce the population. Abi.

grin grin

Dumb people.

Where were the useless "leaders" when the population was less: even less than 50 million people?

A failed country.
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by erunz(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
LastSurvivor:
The dullard and his brothers don finish us..
So population increased on may 29th

I think we are in for a very very long ride..
MY BRODA E SURPRISE ME O
Re: FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth by erunz(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2015
Opinedecandid:
The reality of governance is dawning on APC.

I wonder whether churning out excuses for every failure will do.
I really wonder.

Talk is cheap, very cheap.
So is propaganda.

It's time to settle down to the businesses of leading, governing (not ruling) Nigeria.
Have your best shots and cut the tales.
EXPECT MORE EXCUSES FROM THIS GOVERNMENT

(1) (Reply)

FG Plans N8tn Budget For 2016 / Buhari & Atiku Abubakar Smiles As They Attend Jumaat Prayer Together 2day(pics / Prof. Wole Soyinka On BRF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.