Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. (1747 Views)

Pdp Chairmanship: Ogd Gets Pdp Governors Endorsement / Fayose,Mimiko, OGD And Others, Rebuilding Southwest PDP / Fear Grips Ogd,okupe Others Ahead Of PDP Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by SUCONANA(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
With reference to different comments from different people and OGD (OGD means Otunba Gbenga Daniel - former governor of Ogun State). Greetings to my respectable and amiable people of Ogun State. I joined politics for two reasons: Firstly, because of my brother, Senator Lekan Mustapha, and secondly, because of the unjustified killings of 140 OOU students in Ago Iwoye, who were murdered under OGD's government and nothing was done about it. Till today, the investigation is still ongoing in SSS office in Ogun State which I believe a statement has been taken from OGD and also in IGP headquarters where people have made statements about their involvement in the matter and who authorized the killings. They've been going back and forth on the matter. In my life time and in the course of politicking, I have come across so many people who have gone through a lot, all because of poverty, people who will do anything to make ends meet to fend for their families, it’s as bad as not been able to afford three square meals. It was after this discovery that I committed myself to battle this unjustifiable act and I will keep fighting until I will be able to prove and attain justice for the poor families affected. I will keep supporting my people for the rest of my life. This is one of the reasons why OGD and I can never agree.

OGD's last comments were all filled with lies. I do not understand why someone will be a master of deceit personified, incurable and pathological liar and it runs through their veins. The truth of the matter is that OGD appointed Segun Seriki to be the Director-General of Good luck Jonathan's campaign. Segun Seriki and Titi Oseni take instructions from OGD and that is why when 400m was stolen from the 500m that was sent for elections, not campaign, it was taken directly to OGD's residence while 300m was shared between them and they were still involved in heavy anti-party activities which brought about the downfall of the party. It is OGD that always sell tickets and one example was when he asked Wesco to pay a lot of money and after so many pleas, Wesco paid N5m into his foundation with the hope that he'll be able to get a ticket. He promised about 10 candidates the Governorship ticket in the last election. Hon Dimeji Bankole was one of them and promised to back him up but of course in the middle of the struggle he turned his back against him. Where is his leadership? So how can these people be talking today?

I do not see any reason why I'm been accused of holding the structure of the party. Some of these people forget that OGD controlled the party for eight good years where he betrayed the people that used the platform for him to become the governor. That is former minister Martins Kuye group and he hijacked the structure from them and made them suffer thereby destroying their political careers. During this time, he misused the power and also made different promises to about 100 people for one person, thereby destroying their wealth and future and some have not even recovered till now.  The state chairman then was Chief Joju Fadairo and Chief Pegba Otemolu was the secretary of the party. Chief Otemolu confirmed to me that when they were holding the structure during the eight years  of OG, he  was the Alpha and Omega and none of them could dare OGD to do otherwise and OGD controlled even the cash that came in from Abuja.

After the general election, he directed Segun Seriki to take pictures of the building I built in Ijebu-Igbo which was named "Jonathan Political Centre" and took the pictures to former President Goodluck Jonathan, saying I had removed his name and the billboards in his name from the facility and that he had told Jonathan that I am an APC man and cannot be trusted. That was what formed part of my NDLEA predicament in May, this year. Of course, he was rewarded with an appointment. All this was a game of deceit because we were the ones that did the job but instead he took the glory with his deceitful game (that is Gbenga Daniel for you). Meanwhile, they were the ones who worked against ex-President Jonathan and stole his money.  They were the ones who stole the N300m from the N500m meant for election and also stole about 100m from the initial N200m that was paid at the beginning of the campaign. More revelation on this will be divulged later.

During the election, OGD was busy doing brokerage business by taking people to the State House and will get his own percentage from the dollars he collected from ex-President Jonathan for those people in order to enrich himself. None of these people that are talking and those calling themselves leaders, ex-ministers, senators or rep members, ex governors are the ones who have benefited and they continue to key themselves and their families into juicy positions and none of them is ready to expend their personal funds to impact the lives of the less privileged or to return part of their wealth into the society. We all know when they started without a penny.

Before his venture into politics, OGD could not afford to buy up to 50 elevators, likewise so many senators and reps members. For instance, there is a man in Ago-Iwoye in his 70s who served one honourable minister from Ago-Iwoye throughout his life. The man had prostrate cancer. When this man was in the hospital, he needed about N1.6m for operation in about two hospitals. The second operation cost about N600, 000. This former minister gave him only N20, 000 and he did not care whether the man lost his life or not. Meanwhile, the man is his older brother.

God used the Omoilu Foundation that I facilitated to pay the total money required and saved this man's life twice. We have hundreds of people we treat of different ailments form time to time and we have over 200 people who rely on us for medications for different ailments on a monthly basis. We have empowered people with thousands of vehicles, thousands of motorcycles, thousands of grinding machines, hundreds of trucks of rice, hundreds of trucks of noodles/macaroni, hundreds of trailers of slippers, hundreds of thousands benefit from between the N100, 000 to N200, 000 or more for small scale businesses and scholarships.

Each person’s hereafter can only be achieved through good deeds and a golden heart towards our fellow human beings not by what you have. None of these people are available until the dying minutes of election, collecting money from every angle.

After my tribunal judgement on the 9th of October, 2015, OGD called for a meeting at his residence where so many people were in attendance and he expressed his joy towards it. He then instructed that all his people work for APC’s Dapo Abiodun during the rerun and also told them that the gubernatorial judgement that was coming for GNI on the 23rd of October, 2015 will be lost woefully. Where then does his loyalty lies?

There is a parable in Yoruba that goes "Alagbara loun jeun ita" - meaning if OGD could use his power to hijack the structure from the Martins-Kuye group, is there a problem if Omoilu does the same after eight years of running the structure? Another group can take over the structure from the present group anytime. So, that means the structure does not belong to one person alone.

During the last election, hundreds of trailers filled with commodities and kerosene were ordered by Omoilu Foundation and shared during the election. So, how can someone who stays in his house, diverting poor people's money accuse me of chasing N100m while they diverted the money people ought to benefit from and shared it amongst themselves? One of them used the money to complete his house in Ijebu-Igbo and the other in Iperu. Instead of hiding their faces in shame, they still have the temerity to open their dirty stinky mouths to talk. They think they are deceiving the members, meanwhile they are deceiving themselves. There's an adage in Yoruba "A ki fi owo ekun ra Oja erin ", meaning if you take the money that belongs to many people, and cause them to cry over the money and you think you can use the money for something good, you must be joking.
In 2011, after Segun Seriki obtained the House of Reps ticket, I spent millions of Naira during the election, especially on the day of the election in order for him to win but unfortunately he was not popular enough to win in the three local governments that make up the Federal Constituency. He even lost woefully in his own polling booth. He was in my camp for almost one year when I took him as my blood brother before he left and joined Labour Party under the leadership of OGD again. A month before the election, he came back begging for the House of Reps ticket again involving a lot of people to beg me as if I was the one holding the ticket but it was too late as the party could not take the ticket from  Hon. Adekoya Adesegun (a.k.a Attacker) and give it to Segun Seriki. Segun Seriki was very furious and has taken me as his enemy since then.
There's an adage in my language that says "Eni ti o ba ma da aso fun eniyan, ti orun re ni a ma koko wo". Meaning "Anybody who wants to give you cloth, you'll first look at what the person is wearing". 
I will love if Segun Seriki can borrow me more money as my younger brother.But, unfortunately, he does not have. He needs to clothe and feed himself first.

I repeat again, those who are involved in anti-party activities and who also diverted the campaign funds and shared it amongst themselves will be sanctioned and expelled from the party in Ogun State and by the National organ.

They will also be prosecuted very soon. And for those who believe in threatening people – and there are allegations that they have been involved in many killings in Ogun State – will be invited very soon and investigated and prosecuted. Justice will not only been done, but seen have been done. Let us wait and see. 

I can say it authoritatively that politics today requires lots of money, not running of mouth, ziggy, empty boasts; it requires GOOD MONEY. There are no more monkeys in Idanre. The monkeys of nowadays wear clothes, use glasses and are driving jeeps. All our members and followers have discovered that there is no politics without MONEY. The era of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop is OVER. Those days are gone – and gone for good!

Signed:SPBK.

Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by modath(f): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
500 million for just Ogun state? X 36 states, just for voters inducement, wowza, Jona is a major Apa, !!

Wailers will now go to town maligning PMB, heartless folks dem!! undecided

Cc;midolian, hungerbad, omenka, beremx, seunmsg, sammyj, passingshot, elder gbawe, ilekehd, zimoni, aareonakakanfo, rawani mayoroflagos, obiagelli, Ngeneukwenu, aminat508, simplycarro, rawani, donsmith123

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by HungerBAD: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
Wow.

Let me quickly dash down to the store and back, definitely interested in this story.

Omenka fall out.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by chinchum(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2015
this man is quite unintelligent, i just confirmed it.

In 2011, after Segun Seriki obtained the House of Reps ticket, I spent millions of Naira during the election, especially on the day of the election in order for him to win but unfortunately he was not popular enough to win in the three local governments that make up the Federal Constituency

I joined politics for two reasons: Firstly, because of my brother, Senator Lekan Mustapha, and secondly, because of the unjustified killings of 140 OOU students in Ago Iwoye, who were murdered under OGD's government and nothing was done about it.
Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by SUCONANA(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
Says who?
Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by omenka(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
HungerBAD:
Wow.

Let me quickly dash down to the store and back, definitely interested in this story.

Omenka fall out.
Present. Brb. Driving.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by seunmsg(m): 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Kashamu and OGD are two criminals that should shut the fvck up. Nobody cares if they disagree or tear each other apart.
Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
Brb
it's time for #Isha'i prayer

These are weighty outbursts btw 2 elswhile political allies that needed to be seived precautiously before taking part.
Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by cleverg(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Wow! God Bless our Amiable Senator of Ogun East and the the real leader of PDP in Southwest in person of Senator Buruji Kashamu, OGD should is a daed lion roaring, He could best be described as a chameleon. Segun Seriki is also an ingrate. Senator Buruji is the man of the People. Ride on SPBK.
Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by babanejo: 6:30am On Oct 31, 2015
This man Buruji must be a high grade jester. His commands of English even shows how myopic this cross border crook is. Linking the OOU crisis with OGD is the greatest mischief ever.
I was writing my Eco205(Calculus) test on that evil day when the student community led by Melo(SUG President) championed a peaceful protest over the killing of a 100L student by OPC members. The students had earlier given the host community 3days ultimatum to produce the culprit who shot the student but the Oba was alleged to be shielding him(the culprit).
Prior to the killing of this 100L student, there had been series of allegations of students intimidation and brutality by Ago Iwoye OPC.
I lived in Kalakuta Republic(btw Oke Ebute and Onabamiro) and I can still remember how hostile these OPC behaved towards we the students then.
On 16th of June when the Students were at the Ebumawe palace demanding for the culprit, Oba Rasaq Adenuga was unable to appease the aggrieved Students and this led to sporadic gunshots from the OPC attached to the palace. The students got angry, overpowered the palace guards, pulled down the palace fence and set the palace ablaze.
It is nauseating and inhumane for a father like Buruji to dream of scoring political points over what brought tears and sorrows to many homes. I trekked from main campus to Ijebu Ijesha on that very night with nothing less than 500 students. Ibrahim Amosun was my class gov then and he can give his own account too. May the souls of the deceased rest in perfect peace while God visit whoever is trying to play politics with that evil day with unending tears and sorrows.

By Wasiu Ademola CFR

2 Likes

Re: Why Ogd And I Can Never Agree,by Spbk. by OgunNewsFact: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
WHAT IS BURUJI KASHAMU?

You may wish to ponder on these...

What brought a notorious drug baron into politics? Is it to gain power, protection and cover trails? What is the source of Kashamu's wealth if not drugs and politics afterall he doesn't have a professional address? Who killed Buruji Kashamu's brother? Is that why he has so many names? which yoruba tribe bears Buruji or Kashamu? As a drug war-Lord does he have any relationship with BAT another drug kingpin? Is BAT the one who planted Buruji in PDP? Why is Buruji always disrupting the PDP if he is not working for APC? And finally, what is Buruji Kashamu?

If there is one wealthy Nigerian who has been enmeshed in several controversies about his personality and wealth, one name that strikes the mind is that of multi-billionaire businessman and People’s Democratic’s Party’s senator from Ogun East, Prince Buruji Kashamu.

Born on May 19, 1948 in Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State, he began life in Ebute Metta area of Mainland Lagos as a bus conductor. His sudden wealth attracted the attention of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency in 1995, when the then chairman of the agency; Major Gen. Musa Bamaiyi personally led his men to seal off his Jinson Motors on Allen Avenue, Ikeja, during a clampdown on some suspected car dealers on allegations of money laundering and hard drugs related offences.

Kashamu allegedly escaped miraculously from NDLEA detention cell and fled to Benin Republic where he relocated his businesses and invested heavily in what was described as the largest Cotton Ginnery Company in West Africa in which he allegedly conned the Beniniose government of its investments.

His controversies immediately begin from his origin, then to his politics, business concerns and wealth.

While he claims to be a Nigerian from Ijebu Igbo, Kashamu is also said to lay claims to being from a royal family in Benin Republic. So confusing was his identity that a United States District Court in Chicago had during a celebrated drug trial mentioned “a man alleged to be Buruji Kashamu, a Beninoise multi-millionaire, resident in Nigeria.”

Generally described as a man of many names, having been associated with several nomenclatures, in social circle he is known as Esho Jinadu or Esho Ekun omo Jinadu literally meaning ‘Esho the tiger, son of Jinadu’, this common name with which musicians hail and sing the praises of Buruji Kashamu at every social function he attends. And those who know the man confirms that he relishes his being praised sang with these names, and he cannot hold back the great urge to dance and spend large amount of money when he is so being praised.

Other popular nomenclatures by which he has been so known are: Ola Shamu, Wole Adeosun, Kasmal, Bukas Kasmal, Nacoil, Seicb Benin.

Esho Jinadu appears as a variation of Jinadu Esho a popular socialite of olden days made more popular through praise singing by late Sakara maestro; Yusuf Olatunji. Wole Adeosun too seems like an edited version of Oluwole Adeosun, an Egba chieftain and notable banker, who was a former Managing Director of First Bank Plc and later Minister for Communications.

An Ijebu Igbo native, told the fairy tale of Buruji Kashamu’s wealth. He, “if about fifty Dangote trailers loaded with Buruji’s money got missing, the man Buruji will not feel the loss because of his capacious wealth”. Indications to that kind of thought was the huge sum he claimed to have invested in politicking in Ogun State, for instance, he had openly and publicly confirmed that he spent about N3billion to join forces with former President Olusegun Obasanjo in the fight to seize the political machinery of Ogun State PDP from the reins of the then Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel. And already, as if to further show off his wealth, Buruji Kashamu says his budget for the governorship election in Ekiti State was N1bn and same for Osun State in a desperate bid to expand his political kingdom and help the PDP capture those states.

His entry into the political landscape was like a ravaging fire in the harmattan. He stormed the Ogun State PDP sometime in the year 2005 during the reign of Olusegun Obasanjo as president, using the vehicle of his ‘Omo Ilu Foundation’ with a flurry and backed by a huge support received through what he claimed is philanthropy for his people in Ijebu Igbo.

Knowing fully well that Nigerians would fall for anything money, he founded a foundation with empowerment programmes that was very popular in the Ijebu axis of Ogun State. Through the ‘Omo Ilu Foundation’, he gave opportunities to his people in the form of cars, skills acquisition equipment and funds to support and improve the welfare of party members.

Through his uncompromising style of politcking, he claims the glory for truncating the tenure of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Engr. Segun Oni, both former governors of Ekiti and Osun States on the platform of the party, as National Secretary and South-West Zonal Chairman of the party, respectively. He was able to cripple the political machineries of political old horses and self-acclaimed godfathers and positioned himself as the de facto Earl of South West PDP and the Duke of Ogun politics.

His uncompromising style of politics has pitched him in a headlong battle with former President Olusegun Obasanjo with whom he claimed to have once aligned to put former Governor Gbenga Daniel in political disarray.

The messy fight which had turned into mudslinging and name calling between Obasanjo and Kashamu came to the fore when Kashamu was appointed leader of the PDP in the southwest and former President Olusegun Obasanjo, a former chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees rejected the appointment and threatened to leave PDP, saying that Kashamu is an habitual criminal and a wanted man in the United States on a drug trafficking related case.

Obasanjo had backed up his claims with documents in an open letter to President Goodluck and the leadership of the PDP.

Now a senator, Kashamu Buruji’s growing influence in Ogun PDP and national politics means different things to different party chieftains. To some, a source of worry because of his large and dedicated throng of supporters whom he cornered with the use of money. A great concern is the large number of youth who scavenge on him writing on social media while placing them on salary.

Of all the controversies surrounding the person of Buruji Kashamu, the greatest of all seems to be the unending controversies surrounding his identity and which ultimately revolves around his alleged large scale involvement in drug related activities and of which the United States Government is hell bent on having him extradited to face long term drug offences charges which dated back to the 90s and of which 11 of Buruji’s co-conspirators including some American citizens who served as his drug couriers have been jailed and have served various prison terms.

The Chicago Court identified Kashamu as a drug smuggling king pin who is currently in Nigeria.

Declaring him an escapee from the law in the US, the Court stated “since Kashamu has retained a Chicago law firm to represent him in this matter, and the only information the Court has regarding his whereabouts indicates that he may be somewhere in Nigeria, the Court can safely infer that Kashamu is aware of the charges against him, and is purposefully absenting himself from the United States to avoid arrest and arraignment on charges. This Court therefore considers Kashamu a fugitive.”

The Court papers indicate that Kashamu is the kingpin of an international smuggling ring dealing in narcotics. According to U.S government’s evidence tabled before the court, as far back as 1992, “Kashamu was the head of this smuggling organization.

Buruji Kashamu had continued to publicly make it known to whoever cared to listen that he was not the one being sought after by the United States Government, but that the alleged crime was committed by his brother; Eso Jinadu who is now late. Kashamu, in his defence, also claims that he had been cleared by a British Court and produced what purports to be the decision of a Magistrate Court in England. Kashamu also referred to his recent issuance of German visa sequel to his clearance by international security agencies as a further proof that he is not a fugitive and that the U.S may have been looking for a wrong person.

Noted another source, the cleanest business Buruji Kashamu has ever done is politics, even as bad as he is playing it now.

This politics of Buruji, no doubt is mortgaging the future of the youth who can not work even though some of them are better than Buruji himself. The elders can not say the truth in the midst of what they would eat or how do you explain what could turn a Phd holder to Buruji's errand boy. One begins to wonder what representation could come from a criminally minded individual who can not speak eloquently. That out of the whole lot of individuals from Ogun East, Buruji Kashamu is representing them is a sad one for those who can think deep.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Suffering From Dutch Disease / 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian / The Navy Most Acquire 50 New Helicopters To Be Able To kill Niger Delta Militia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.