Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari (22029 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Sureties Won't Lose N300 Million Bond - IPOB Lawyer, Ejiofor / Fani-kayode To Amaechi: We’re Not Losing Any Sleep Over Your Threat To Sue / Buhari's Media Adviser Express Frustration Over Destructive Criticisms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/i-wont-lose-sleep-over-criticism-says-buhari/

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Imortal001: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ok
Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by BrandKing: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
If their 'work' (salary) is just siphoning money that can be used for better things then so be it.

6 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by doctokwus: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
Op,I wonder why you people refuse to have any iota of sense and continue to embrace lies as a means of opposition.
Where in d article u sourced was sacking of civil servants mentioned?So pruning ministries in your limited education now equates to sacking of civil servants.
Indeed d opposition has a long hard road of pain to travel with dis daily dose of lies.

43 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by xpac01(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
Even as we keep waiting for the N5000 allowee... Hmmm... We are watching cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
When someone prunes to be able to pay salaries it literally means he has to sack to reduce overhead costs, please if you do not have an economic background dont make baseless comments.

They do not have to spell the word sack for you to get the message unless you are not properly informed.

In fact these days companies use words like downsize, right size, restructuring to pass the sack message across, thank you.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by rassan: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hahahaha
Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by itstpia8: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
he seems to like India more than the west, imo.

or maybe his pr team prefer India to the west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by LastSurvivor: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
And the dullard keep punishing Nigerians for their wrong choice grin

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Austin4lif: 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
Change is here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by AroOkigbo(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
doctokwus:
Op,I wonder why you people refuse to have any iota of sense and continue to embrace lies as a means of opposition.
Where in d article u sourced was sacking of civil servants mentioned? So pruning ministries in your limited education now equates to sacking of civil servants.
Indeed d opposition has a long hard road of pain to travel with dis daily dose of lies.

So what does pruning down ministries interpret to? Where then will the productivity and cost saving be?
If a bank "x" acquires and is merged with a bank "y", do you expect all staff to be retained?

No two "captains" will ever remain in a single ship/ prune/ merger.

29 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
Countdown to another NLC Strike ...............

Sorry i forgot NLC is Partisan now so the workers will just have to fight for themselves this time around!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by i8sins(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Either true or false....
我讨厌布哈里,我讨厌APC。
أنا أكره بوهاري،أنا أكره APC.
אני שונא Buhari,אני שונא את APC.
That's my final decision.

7 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by karashita: 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
Wtf!!!
Where would the'pruned' go?
And to say he would prune ministries before paying salaries?
Is this why federal civil servants have not been paid?
Anyway,maybe it is really early to comment.
The details of that news should be made public in due course.

5 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
Buhari needs a Fiance Minister ASAP, the economy is in a Critical Condition and an URGENT NATIONAL ECONOMIC SUMMIT is needed and not just pruning(sacking) of workers!!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
The government has to be honest with us how broke they are.

The last FAAC meeting just ended and the three tiers of government shared a meagre 390 Billion Naira. How can they break even when this figure is less than what the FG alone used to get before you talk about States and Local Governments.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-30/africa-s-biggest-economy-defying-currency-critics-chokes-growth

Nigeria’s economy is growing at the slowest pace this decade as oil prices drop. Companies are complaining they can’t get the dollars they need to do business. And trading in the naira has long since dried up.

There are many good reasons why Godwin Emefiele, who runs the central bank of Africa’s biggest economy, should lift currency controls and let the naira depreciate.

One of the things holding him back is politics.

Devaluing the naira may give opposition parties the opportunity to claim that[b] Emefiele’s main supporter, President Muhammadu Buhari, has lost control of the economy. With his backing, the policy chief will be able to resist his critics into 2016 before the worsening economic slump eventually forces him to capitulate, according to Standard Chartered Plc and Bank of America Corp.
[/b]
“They could probably hold out for at least six months, maybe even a year,” said Ayodele Salami, chief investment officer for London-based Duet Asset Management Ltd., which manages about $200 million of African equities. “The central bank has chosen currency stability and the price they’re paying for that is growth. They could hold the line for a lot longer than the markets expect.”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
citizenisb:
When someone prunes to be able to pay salaries it literally means he has to sack to reduce overhead costs, please if you do not have an economic background dont make baseless comments.

They do not have to spell the word sack for you to get the message unless you are not properly informed.

In fact these days companies use words like downsize, right size, restructuring to pass the sack message across, thank you.

Some of the blind followers of the visionless dulla-rd will not understand the real meaning of 'prune down', downsize or restructuring until they see SACK. grin cheesy

Buhary's presidency so far is a disaster. angry

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
this is part of the change we voted for.. lolz

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by oloriooko(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
but PMB did not tell us this while campaigning
if this is his chosen style of governance, then PMB should brace up for serious stoning and revolt

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
The merging of the Ministries will inevitably lead to a lot of civil servants being retrenched.

The oddity about this is that as soon as the civil servants are sacked, the APC chieftains will simply replace the sacked workforce with even more of their relatives, girlfriends and cronies.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by neocortex: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Well, this isn't a surprise, he did it before(1984) and he will do it again.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
citizenisb:
Countdown to another NLC Strike ...............

Sorry i forgot NLC is Partisan now so the workers will just have to fight for themselves this time around!!!

The current NLC exco was sponsored and rigged into power by the APC.

There is currently a court case looking into the last election that brought in the janjawiid comrades

14 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
He is the boss.
He is the dictator.
He is the ex-military maximum ruler.

Buhari is the man.

3 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
neocortex:
Well, this isn't a surprise, he did it before(1984) and he will do it again.

The man is as sturbon as a goat.

It is true that a despot at 40 is a despot for life.

We only have the daft yorubas for not heeding to history before blindly following that BAT, Tinubu.

[img]http://www.customroadsign.com/generate.php?line1=&line2=WELCOME%20TO&line3=1984%20ALLOVER%20AGAIN&line4=CHANGE%20MY%20ASS[/img]

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Opinedecandid:
He is the boss.

No. He is not the boss.

He does not own the civil service, neither are the civil servants working for him.

The civil service is working for Nigeria and Nigerians and NOT Buhari.

You people better begin to understand that under a democracy, the President is NOT the boss of the people but a servant to the people

17 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nigerias-economy-may-collapse-in-the-next-3-months-if-fayose/

He said: “This is the time for the Federal Government to come out and tell Nigerians about the state of the economy rather than employ propaganda.

“I foresee serious trouble ahead because in the next three months, the economy may collapse. Oil now sells in the region of $40 per barrel. Things have never been bad like this. When I returned from the Holy Land yesterday (Wednesday), I was told that Ekiti got N1.4bn whereas my wage bill per month is N2.6bn.”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by hopilo: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
Why did Indians give Baba Buhari Indian hemp?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by ajebuter(f): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
Change they want

Change they are getting

Wether for good or bad

But wetin concern me?

I dont earn my bread under any government.

#shoki#

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by citizenisb: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Moderators, front page please??
Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by sugni: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
BrandKing:
If their 'work' (salary) is just siphoning money that can be used for better things then so be it.
And render more pple jobless Abegie he should slash salaries of political office holders, (elected or appointed) by 50% or 60% sef they will still b swimming in money.. how much is a civil servant earning ??

6 Likes

Re: I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is what happens when everyone is focused on oil. I hear say crude oil no dey expensive for foreign market again, chai! market bad wella

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff, Metuh To Stop PDP Convention / Judge Awards Dino Melaye N10Million In Case Against The Nigerian Police / Flooding: Lagos To Re-engineer Canals, Drainage Systems – Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.