Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship (2850 Views)

Mma Okpara Visits Governor Ikpeazu (Photos) / VP Osinbajo At Northern Reawakening Forum(photos) / N50bn Debt: Court Orders AMCON To Take-over MMA 2, Old Fed Secretariat, Others - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On May 09, 2009
Hotstepper:

yes, it helps with the resume and also experience in your field. Just like Mma, I got accepted to the"Toronto's City HALL" where 26 of us out of 80women that applied was taken. Just like Mma, we were matched with the women City Councellors to learn their job so we follow them to work , community meeting etc, we started last sept. and we will finish this month.

It has been a great opportunity. "the program provides face-to-face interaction between the protégée and her paired Toronto woman councillor one day a month in order to give the protégée insight into the challenges, responsibilities and rewards of working in municipal elected office"

We are now their Media Ambassadors so we r gonna be recruiting for this years

http://torontoregionalchamps..com/

Awww shucks!! Sad that these ibos here do not seem to consider you as important as Mma is to them, since news of your award did not make it to the front pages or even the news in Nigeria.  But no worries, you are not alone. There are thousands of nigerians across the country today celebrating acceptance to one or more internships only in the eyes of this group here, if that internship does not involved working at the white house ( which by the way is not in Nigeria), it is not to be celebrated in much the same way. If you are disappointed, imagine how the many other Nigerians out , who are not ibos but also got selected for the internship of their choice, feel.  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed  lipsrsealed undecided undecided cry cry

P.S Congratulations and I do hope you make the best of the opportunity!!
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by Hotstepper(f): 6:05am On May 10, 2009
@Kobojunkie, abeg, make i hear, who's talking about being noticed, If I wanted, it woud have made headline esp. by da same publisher of this particular headline. anyhow, 10x
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by ifyalways(f): 7:31am On May 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Awww shucks!! Sad that these ibos here do not seem to consider you as important as Mma is to them, since news of your award did not make it to the front pages or even the news in Nigeria. But no worries, you are not alone. There are thousands of nigerians across the country today celebrating acceptance to one or more internships only in the eyes of this group here, if that internship does not involved working at the white house ( which by the way is not in Nigeria), it is not to be celebrated in much the same way. If you are disappointed, imagine how the many other Nigerians out , who are not ibos but also got selected for the internship of their choice, feel. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed undecided undecided cry cry

P.S Congratulations and I do hope you make the best of the opportunity!!
rofl tongue
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2009
Strength10, you need to know people that are in your league. Biina will cut you and slice you quick and fast with superior logic and thinking. I was laughing the minute I saw you trying to take him on. The likes of Biina and Kobojunkie (even though I don't always agree with them) pass you as they always demonstrate good logic and reasoning.

There are Nigerian kids attending the best universities and getting internships at the best organisations all over the world in schemes not restricted to a 4th tier university.

Pathetic Thread.

biina:

The fact that the core of your post are personal insults and meaningless rants, provides one with an insight into your character. It was people like you that gave Socrates the grounds to argue against a 'one man - one vote' system. You do not seem fit to think for yourself, let alone think for others.

Biina, thanks for letting me know this.

I have always questioned that part of democracy even on NL. That is the reason I always say: "And this guy has the right to vote!"

I didn't know Socrates also doubted the sense in it. grin

bawomolo:

Big ten schools are usually Tier 1 with Northwestern University being the highest ranked.  UW-Madison should be Tier 2. The tier system doesn't matter much as some schools are known for certain programs and suck at others.

undecided

UW-Madison is definitely a top uni.

What do you mean by big ten?
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by ikeyman00(m): 1:39pm On May 10, 2009
^^^^

na lie!!
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On May 10, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^^

na lie!!

Abeg, just keep it short like this so you don't shoot me with your AK 47 english.
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by Strength10: 4:00pm On May 10, 2009
Sagamite:

Strength10, you need to know people that are in your league. Biina will cut you and slice you quick and fast with superior logic and thinking. I was laughing the minute I saw you trying to take him on. The likes of Biina and Kobojunkie (even though I don't always agree with them) pass you as they always demonstrate good logic and reasoning.

There are Nigerian kids attending the best universities and getting internships at the best organisations all over the world in schemes not restricted to a 4th tier university.

Pathetic Thread.

Biina, thanks for letting me know this.

I have always questioned that part of democracy even on NL. That is the reason I always say: "And this guy has the right to vote!"

I didn't know Socrates also doubted the sense in it.  grin

undecided

UW-Madison is definitely a top uni.

Hey Sagamite, just for your information, i am not here to compete for best test taker in critical thinking, neither am i here to display how smart i am or how good i am in twisting the truth or what makes simple sense to my benefit just like Biinna and perhaps others.So stop your inarticulate grading and find something for yourself to do. I suppose i already have a very low opinion of your thinking and reasoning because if what you have read here in this thread  is your criteria and definition of good logic and reasoning,then  you must have been dealing with illetrates, low IQ people, less educated, rounded and pragmatic people all your life. I have dealt with, associated with, schooled, rated, reasoned with, dinned with the leaders in top positions around the world, schooled with the most educated and have produced great results and findings with the best of the best, so when i see a person with good logic and thinking, I'll call him/her out and give him  his or her due credit.
Biina's case is definitely far from it because though he makes sense in some of his arguments, articulates a substantial portion of them with tribal sentiments, pandering and hatred. Consequently, i have no iota of respect for him in this context. Maybe i will someday, when he is able to demonstrate unbiased critical thinking and reasoning with good logic on neutral issues.
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by FLGators1: 4:06pm On May 10, 2009
Good thing about Igbos is that they try to help each other get higher on the sucess step.

While [i]other [/i]tribes try to bring each other down. You hear that alabi is doing good today. Tomor she don fail and fall. Wetin happened? Babalawo? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hope y'all get my drift.

@post
Nice. . . . wink
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by AloyEmeka9: 7:10pm On May 10, 2009

Abeg, just keep it short like this[b] so you don't shoot me with your AK 47 english.[/b]
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by bawomolo(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2009

the Big ten is a sports conference.
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by biina: 8:55pm On May 10, 2009
The 11 members of the Big 10

University of Illinois Champaign, Illinois
Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana
University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa
University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan
Michigan State University East Lansing, Michigan
University of Minnesota Minneapolis, Minnesota
Northwestern University Evanston, Illinois
Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio
Pennsylvania State University State College, Pennsylvania
Purdue University West Lafayette, Indiana
University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin
Re: Nigerian, Miss Mma Okafor, 19, At Northern Illinois University, Wins Internship by ikeyman00(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2009
sagamite

u are so brainless that i just dnt know where to start!!

no joke

forgive me for being blunt

(1) (2) (Reply)

The List Of Militant Supporter And The Fed Gov Amnesty / Fg Suspends $8b Rail Contract With Chinese Firm / Akala Receives Title For Buying Cabs & Warns Critics[nairalanders]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.