Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today (929 Views)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by YSPON: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
I was in a bus this morning traveling to the southwestern part of the country. Passengers (including me) that sat on the last two rows were having hurtful eyes due to the fact that the boot of the bus was not properly locked due to the enormous luggage at the back of the bus. The lady (only passenger) that sat on the last row with her luggage complained to the driver about the distress she was feeling in her eyes caused by what I believed was the smoke coming out of the exhaust of the bus. The driver stopped to adjust the luggage: But, the same thing happened again prompting the lady to ask us (sitting on the second to the last seat) to open the window in order for air to come in to reduce the effect of the smoke on her eyes.

I sat in between two women (both of them sat close to the window). The one by left was carrying a child (say 13months) so she told the lady that she can’t open it because of her baby. The other one sitting by my right said she is not feeling too well and her body was not well covered. So, she also disagreed.

The lady sitting at the last row began to shout that do we want her to go blind because she is traveling? She said she didn’t pay to get her eyes blind ooo and that she paid her money for comfort which she is not getting. She cursed and a little disagreement occurred which made the driver to halt the bus.

After about 15minutes of argument, I suggested that the woman sitting by my right swap her seat with me, while I swapped my new seat with the lady at the back. So the new seating arrangement saw me sitting at the last row, the lady in search for air sat close to the window, the woman feeling cold sat at the middle (my original position) while the position of the woman with a baby remain unchanged.
My question is what other way(s) could we have solved the issue because it almost led to exchange of blows. Also, if you have encountered similar occurrence how did you deal with it bearing in mind individual differences.

Note: In order to avoid tribal wars, the tribes of those involved were not stated.
Thank you.
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by agohmamuda(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
If I were to be in this situation I swear I would buy my own car the moment we drive pass an auto shop. Simple. And am not joking. And am serious about this. And am out.
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by asvpChuu(m): 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
I was listening to dej loaf. cool
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by YSPON: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
agohmamuda:
If I were to be in this situation I swear I would buy my own car the moment we drive pass an auto shop. Simple. And am not joking. And am serious about this. And am out.
let's assume you don't have the money to buy one as at the time.
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by Originalsly: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
By telling ehmmm...Fresh Air to direct her problem to the driver. Why would you give up the seat and comfort you paid for to get all choked up with smoke?....while the driver is breathing fresh air? ....and we wonder why passengers are treated like cattle
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by achinaboy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
you are a peace maker,thas why you swapped ur seat,, good guesture anyway,,sometimes we African take things for granted,the girl who was having the smoke problem,was in serious situation that could lead to blindness, breathing problem,or even lung cancer,because that which is making her eyes hurt,is also entering her lungs,and the ladies with their golden babies never gave a dammm,but who to blame here, is it the driver,or the ladies,i think it's the ex presidents,who have the power to change the situation of the country,but they rather bank the money abroad, travel there for treatments, sees all the transport system over there, they comes and watch people perish out of stupidity,,well am out
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
Insufficient fresh air from Jonathan's administration was disturbing that lady....

Anyway, did you arrive your destination in good time?
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by agohmamuda(m): 4:29am On Oct 31, 2015
YSPON:
let's assume you don't have the money to buy one as at the time.

I will ask the Lady who claimed to be sick to assume my position, they take hers and then bring down the window for air to come in. That way I would have saved my self from putting my self at risk (sitting at the back) where the smoke is fresh and also avoided the risk of having a lion seat close to a goat. Lol
Re: My Experience Traveling In A Bus Today by YSPON: 6:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Keneking:
Insufficient fresh air from Jonathan's administration was disturbing that lady....

Anyway, did you arrive your destination in good time?
yes I did thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Accident At Palmgrove, Truck Rams Into Bridge. / Inside Emirates' New First Class Private Suites With Virtual Windows (pics) / Notary Public Officer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.