Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,799 members, 7,956,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. (552 Views)

Lecturer Slaps UNILORIN S.U President For Mediating On Behalf Of Students / When You Don't Want to Be The Last Fool(pix) / My First April Fool By My Female Lecturer Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. by NoLoveLost(m): 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
[This thread is a reply to a previous thread titled Nigerian Students and Cohabitation menace]

[b]Actually, am used to seeing the religious and moral opinions of "disciplined" and "well-trained" nairalanders when it comes to talks on Co-habitation. I see most people who outrightly condemn things in their "righteousness", people who don't think of Situational ethics; people who don't know that an action which is bad in situation A may be fair in situation B.
I call them fundamentalist, and i wonder if they would even kill an armed attacker in the name of self-defence? Am sure they will, but then they wouldn't condemn themselves for "murdering" a soul? Will they? Surely they would seek justification.

Now back to the issue on ground which is co-habitation, i have 2 points which i want everyone to take note of.

1. Please stop saying co-habitation is a western or foreign concept. Can you deny the fact that in traditional african society, most first children are usually conceived before sealing up the marriage? In fact till now, many families operate on that trend, you need to be pregnant before marital rites can start. And even if we are to agree that co-habitation is a thing of the white, do you not know about enculturation? Do you think we can take what we want from a culture and filter all of the rest? For God's sake, culture is a combination of values which are coherent. If you adopt X from the white, and X coheres with Y, it follows that adopting X would mean adopting Y. So you can't admire some western practices, use their technology, follow their trend and not pull some ills which is against your own culture.

2. As much as it is undeniable that all humans are connected in one way or the other, so is it realistic that we are diverse people (minds). One of the problem we face in life is trying to make a single "style or rule or pattern or method etc." the universal path which everyone must follow. Trying to generalize opinions or convictions should be avoided at all means, so in that sense don't expect that since you disapprove of co-habitation, everyone should shun it. According to a philosopher named Leibniz, this world is the best possible world created by God because of its "oppositions or contradictions which are united". So please, even if your opinion is true and right, don't expect it to be held or practiced by even "most" people.

So this writeup doesn't in anyway encourages co-habitation neither does it disapproves it. It is just a message to people who condemn things outrightly.
Feel free to query, make an addition or a subtraction, i stand corrected. Thanks.[/b]
Re: Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. by NoLoveLost(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Cc sugarbee lalasticlala
Re: Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. by Topstarr: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
what is this one saying?
Re: Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. by sunddy: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. by SUGARBEE(f): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Waiting to pass
Re: Co-habitation: On Behalf Of The Fool. by Whois(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
I'm not a a story teller but I must say this: Pls don't co habitat if you're "still" in sch and more importantly if you don't have any source of income except the assistance you get from home. My 2 cents

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Help / AAU Direct Entry Admission List 2015/2016 Released / Is Open University Students Demand Outrageous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.