Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe (815 Views)

CCT To Arraign Orubebe For False Asset Declaration & Acceptance Of N70m Bribe / CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. / Alleged False Declaration Of Assets: Court Halts Saraki’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by jayjay5oxide(m): 2:24am On Oct 31, 2015
SEVEN months after his attempt to disrupt the announcement of the results of the 2015 presidential polls, former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe, will be arraigned before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on November 9, over alleged false declaration of assets and acceptance of about N70million bribe.

During final collation of the 2015 presidential election results in Abuja, Orubebe accused the then Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC National Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega of bias and partisanship and disrupted the exercise for several minutes in an attempt to stop Jega’s falsification of results.
According to reports, it took the intervention of then President Goodluck Jonathan for him to back down for the exercise to be continued and completed leading to the declaration of President Muhammadu Buhari as the winner of the polls.
Barring any last minute change, Orubebe will be arraigned before the CCT on November 9.
The four-count charge filed on behalf of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) by Peter Danladi of the CCB on October 8, 2015, is currently pending before the CCT.
CCT’s Head of Press and Public Relations, Ibraheem Al-hassan, who confirmed that a charge was pending against Orubebe before the tribunal, said summons was served on the ex-minister on October 29, adding that the tribunal has scheduled his (Orubebe’s) arraignment for November 9.
These ‘re fabrications against me – Orubebe
Speaking on the issue, Orubebe, who said he will address the media tomorrow, dismissed the allegations as false.
His words: ‘’ Former Niger Delta Minister, Elder Godsday Orubeb, has denied allegations of graft leveled against him.
He said he did not demand and collect bribe of N70 million from a contractor handling a skill acquisition project for the ministry when he was minister and does own the plots of lands in Asokoro and Kyame, as alleged.
He said it was one of his aides who collected the sum of N20 million from the said contractor in aid of a church project in his community without his knowledge.
Orubebe said that when he got wind of the money he quickly ordered his aide to return the donation to the contractor and also punished his PA for collecting the donation without his authorization.
On the land said to be owned by him in Asokoro and Kyame, the former minister said he could not have laid claim to such plots of land having donated them to other persons.
“I cannot lay claim to plots of land I had since donated to other people and moved on in life.
“I have an image and integrity to keep and none of the people who know me can say that I have ever collected a bribe from anyone,” the former minister said.
The charges
Count one reads: “That you, Godsday Peter Orubebe, while being a Minister of Federal Republic of Nigeria in charge of Niger Delta Affairs, on or about June 29th 2011 did make a false declaration in your asset declaration form by failing to declare plot 2722 Kyamu District Abuja on assumption of office on 26th September 2007 and on leaving office (at the end of your tenure), on June 29, 2011 and you thereby committed an offence under section 15 of Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act Cap C15 and as incorporated under paragraph 11(1) & (2) of Part 1, Fifth Schedule to the Constitution and punishable under section 23(2) of the CCB & T Act.
Count two: “That you Godsday Peter Orubebe, while being a Minister of Federal Republic of Nigeria in charge of Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, on or about June 29, 2011 did make a false declaration in your asset declaration form by failing to declare plot 2059 Asokoro district, Abuja on assumption of office on September 26, 2007 and on June 29, 2011 and you thereby committed an offence under section 15 of the CCB & T Act, and punishable under section 23 (2) of the CCB & T Act.
Count three: “That you Godsday Peter Orubebe while being a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in charge of Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs on or about September 19, 2012 asked for and accepted the sum of fifty million naira from one Pastor (Dr) Jonathan Alota, as bribe for the contract awarded in favour of his company, Chemtronics Nigeria Limited and you thereby committed an offence contrary to section 10 of the CCB & T Act, and punishable under Section 23 (2) of CCB & T Act.
Count four: “That you Godsday Orubebe, while being a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in charge of Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, on or about 2013 asked for and accepted the sum of twenty million naira from one Pastor (Dr.) Jonathan Alota as additional bribe for the contract awarded in favour of his company Chemtronics Nigeria Limited for the construction of skill acquisition Centre at Edo State for the sum of one billion seven hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and fourteen thousand two hundred and fifty naira eighty eight kobo only (¦ 1,799,914,251.88) and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 10 of CCB & T Act.”

Source : http://www.jayfiveoxide..com.ng/2015/10/alleged-false-assets-n70m-bribe-these.html

1 Like

Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by kaffy4tope(m): 2:33am On Oct 31, 2015
#Evolution of Broom....time to sweep Nigeria clean cheesy
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Orubebe, donate Land in Asokoro? Even Saraki ur senior brother in stealing is not corruption cannot and wil never donate land in Asokoro....
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by demarc001: 3:20am On Oct 31, 2015
I wonder why its only cases of oppositions that this anti graft bodies sees. We have heard charges against Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Imo state minister etc. yet not one invitation (or at least questioning) from these bodies. They leave open cases well known to public and go but go search hidden files of people just to get something to hold and yet they say this is not wizard hunting.
Orubebe if you know you are innocent leave media alone go prove yourself in court by then media will help you do the publication.
Na may own I talk if e pain you chew potash (kaun).
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by jcflex(m): 3:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Fabrication or not,
Tell that to the CCB and CCT when you are duck,
but definately not us.
yeye people
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by seunmsg(m): 3:50am On Oct 31, 2015
He should go and present his case before the code of conduct tribunal. And I hope he will display the same amount of energy that we saw in him when he attempted to disrupt the announcement of the presidential result earlier in the year. All the energy he intends to use in insulting Oshiomole can now be put to better use before the CCT.
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by HAZAZEL: 4:06am On Oct 31, 2015
Elder, if your hands are clean, appear before them. We should stop crying witch-hunting any time a member of our party is invited to answer allegations. Hillary clinton was invited this year and she appeared, and fielded questions for over 9 hrs. If it were to be nigeria, we either go and weep before the press or supporters or we run to a court to obtain order of restrainment.

#wheninvitedanswer#

1 Like

Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by egift(m): 4:13am On Oct 31, 2015
[s]
demarc001:
I wonder why its only cases of oppositions that this anti graft bodies sees. We have heard charges against Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Imo state minister etc yet not one invitation (or at least questioning) from these bodies. They leave open cases well known to public and go and search hidden files of people just to get something to hold and yet they say this is not wizard hunting.
Orubebe if you know you are innocent leave media alone go prove yourself in court by then media will help you do the publication.
Na may own I talk.
[/s]

Whenever a witch is actually responsible for the deaths and blood sucking she is accused of, I fully support hunting down the witch to answer for her crimes or clear her name.

Unless you are saying the accused persons are innocent, you rather shutup. Everyone should answer for his/her actions. Orubebe's turn loading...to God be the glory!
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by demarc001: 4:19am On Oct 31, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Whenever a witch is actually responsible for the deaths and blood sucking she is accused of, I fully support hunting down the witch to answer for her crimes or clear her name.

Unless you are saying the accused persons are innocent, you rather shutup. Everyone should answer for his/her actions. Orubebe's turn loading...to God be the glory!

Swegbe! Interpretation = Dundee!

1 Like

Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by chrisblack: 4:20am On Oct 31, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Everybody is aware of the hotels he owns .this were all built during his tenure in govt. Effc should pls include them

1 Like

Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 31, 2015
olatunji21:
Orubebe, donate Land in Asokoro? Even Saraki ur senior brother in stealing is not corruption cannot and wil never donate land in Asokoro....
I am sure he 'donated' the land to either family members or proxies. Also did the aide return the bribe money 'donated' to the church in his village. That's how they get ELDER titles. Why is he silent on the remaining N50 million. When will accused public officers plead guilty, show repentance and apologise for their past conducts.
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by emmanuel596(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2015
Oga even if u are innocent as claimed the ijaw cultural dance u displayed at the elections was stewpid enough to gv u a life sentence
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by SkyBlue1: 6:24am On Oct 31, 2015
His investigation is supported, what did the ministry of Niger Delta achieve after all the money it got? The funny thing is you can't probe that ministry properly without a trail leading back to Patience Jonathan. This is going to be interesting if done properly. And anybody from the Niger Delta that shouts "witch hunting" is an idiot, the man oversaw a ministry that was set up for the development of the region.
Re: Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe by likila: 6:45am On Oct 31, 2015
robbish!
effc does not have work.

so he owned the said properties before he became minister?
why will he not declare them?
govt functionaries over declare their assets to make up for looting while in office.
why would orubebe underdeclare his assets in 2007?

(1) (Reply)

Indigenous People Of Biafra(ipob) Are Marching And Protesting Strongly Now / Barrister Leo Ekpenyong's Open Letter To His Excellency, President Buhari / Terror Attack Imminent In SW-NOA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.