Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq (1017 Views)

Buhari Tormenting Innocent Nigerians - Vanguard / 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... / CCT Trial: APC Members Tormenting Saraki – Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2015
I don't have a social life, i think too much, i am always thinking, always inquisitive, curious, i forget things easily.. but i know how to solve complex problems and when i apply them, it works... Virtually everything i know, i learnt on my own.. i read a lot , in fact too much that i sometimes skip lunch. i am an introvert, and i don't know if i can change, maybe someday, while reading about introverts.. i came across this post and this is just who i am

1. Easy to pick any new concept SUPER fast. Was always bored at school. I could easily get any complex concepts just by picking up sentences and keywords from textbooks and would always get high grades with little to no effort. Helped me a lot in corporate life: new software, new process, new department, new challenge - all of those were easy.
2. Short attention span. Once I "cracked" the concept - I loose any interest in it which made it close to impossible for me to focus on the issue any longer. This would lead to silly errors at school too. E.g. I would at times get an average grade on the toughest Algebra test just because of stupid spelling errors (misspelling b vs. d or vice versa). Or may be this is some other issue unrelated to IQ?
3. Loneliness and exclusion from social life at younger age (pretty much all self-inflicted). I guess it also depends on who surrounds you. As for me, I could not understand the interests of my peers and they did not understand mine. I tried to hang out with them and do what they did, but it was foreign to me and I did not enjoy it. Hence, my best past-time was reading books. Lots of them. Now my wife and kids are all I need from the "social life" perspective.
4. Self analysis and analysis of EVERYTHING what's going on around me. Every aspect of my behavior, emotions, responses to certain "triggers" are broken into pieces and analyzed by my brain almost constantly, even when I am actually experiencing that event. For example, while talking with somebody my brain runs a parallel process that goes something like this: "Why did I just say this? Do I really think I can convince this person? What's the origin of my desire to prove her/him wrong?" and it leads to a conclusion that when I was 6 my grandpa told me so and so, and it had such and such impact on me and the key components of what I was told at 6 are present in this conversation, and so on. And while this is happening, I am still present in the conversation and the two processes seem to run completely independently from each other.
5. Unable to stop thinking. This is super exhausting. Especially when I am tired, my brain takes off on its own and I think of 1000 different thoughts a minute (just my guess - I never counted). They change each other at great speed and surprisingly I have enough time to go into greatest details in each one of them. For example, my brain writes a short poem, thinks about a complex mechanism, solves a mathematical problem - and everything is very clear, crisp and if I write it down - it makes perfect sense in the morning. I don't control this process and I don't know how to stop it or channel where it would be more useful.
6. Bad memory (absent-mindedness). I don't know if this may be a contradiction to a high IQ. But I am only interested in concepts and those I never forget. But small details, settings - they never exist for me. I am very "absent-minded" about some day-to-day things. I never remember where I put household things for example, and when I find certain things in certain places - I have no memory of how they got there. This is the worst for me. Again, I don't know if this is related to IQ or if this is due to some medical condition I am not aware of.
7. Harder to communicate. At work, when asked to work on a problem I solve it in my head conceptually and explain that to co-workers. They don't get it and this annoys hell out of me. If I am forced to write step-by-step instructions - I usually feel like quitting. I actually did quit at some point and run my 2nd business now. The best solution came when I had my first child: if I talk to a client as if s/he were a kid - that usually works perfectly!
8. Get irritated and impatient when somebody takes time to explain the simplest concept to me! Sometimes I find myself finishing the sentences for people, interrupting, or asking to make the point and move on. I know it's bad but this is a intellectual torture for me.
9. Find logical disconnects in what I am being told. When I would ask to clarify those, people usually don't understand what I mean. When I (shortsightedly) used to explain what I meant I would end up in a worse situation, whether people "got it" or still could not get it. Now I rarely ask people to reconcile the points they make.
8. Can't pass on any intellectual challenge. If I am told something is unsolvable or impossible to do - I can't take it out of my mind until it's solved. I learned the most from this. On a smaller level I even avoid Sudoku's or anything that could occupy my mind needlessly.
9. I don't watch TV. At all. I use other sources if I need information and there is nothing else I could use a TV for.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2015
Can you make someone to laugh? willow0802

1 Like

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by shiinihost: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2015
you are not alone bro. we introverts are a blessing to this world.

2 Likes

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 31, 2015
@willow0802: try weed for the over-thinking. it helps. TRUE STORY. you see life from a different perspective. it looses you up. and could also funnel your thoughts, make them more ordered.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Candyrain(m): 9:06am On Oct 31, 2015
Talking from experience on the weed aspect?

sonOfLucifer:
@willow0802: try weed for the over-thinking. it helps. TRUE STORY. you see life from a different perspective. it looses you up. and could also funnel your thoughts, make them more ordered.

1 Like

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by stepone(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2015
bro. you are so on point abt me. thats what we are; a blessing.

1 Like

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 31, 2015
I grew up as an introvert but alot changed during my uni days... as far the last part me I know I watched tv alot cable news like cnn, bbc, discovery channel was my addiction back then.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2015
Candyrain:
Talking from experience on the weed aspect?

Yup.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Candyrain(m): 9:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Oh I see. He may have to check if his brain can withstand it. You know not all heads are made for weed.

sonOfLucifer:

Yup.

1 Like

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by docadams: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

That's a deadly proposal. Why would you want to give a stimulant to an already hyperactive brain? The effect will be unpredictable. More often than not it will tilt towards psychosis.

2 Likes

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2015
victorels:
Can you make someone to laugh? willow0802

My friends call me clown, each time I'm nt around, everyone misses me and apart frm the everyday joke, when I discuss something, its too complicated for my friends to join in.. In my primary school days I had double promotion and was about to be double promoted again, my dad refused.

My life is boring, I have the money cars but its so boring.. Learnt hw to operate a computer age 6, dismantled and reassembled my dads desktop computer , I think I was 14 then. I grew up interested in computers and electrionic gadgets, I also learnt certified ethical hacking (CEH), I didn't go to university for all of these.

I knw I'm gifted but I dnt knw hw to teach others, I easily get irritated and its frustrating.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2015
docadams:

That's a deadly proposal. Why would you want to give a stimulant to an already hyperactive brain? The effect will be unpredictable. More often than not it will tilt towards psychosis.
It worked for me. wink
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2015
docadams:

I smoke weed, it isn't about weed , infact it isn't enough to calm my sense..

I have an over active brain
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2015
My opinion is you have an healthy brain and I know what it means because I'm one and introvert too, Anybody who wants to paint a picture of the activity of an active brain by the op should paint a picture of Michael scoffield type of brain in the movie prison break.

My problem is I can't sleep, Random thoughts and unexisting problems would congest my mind for me to start figuring out, Its same way I over thought of god existence till I discovered he isn't there before I started making researches for proof which I'm yet to get one, Sometimes I'm. So mad at my brain because I notice people around me hardly understand from my point of view till I break it down, am being seen as a nerd, anti-social and one you wouldn't vouch for. Ofcourse Atheist too. Just the internet forum such as nairaland, reddit, yahoo answers and the likes is where I call my play ground.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2015
willow0802:

My friends call me clown, each time I'm nt around, everyone misses me and apart frm the everyday joke, when I discuss something, its too complicated for my friends to join in.. In my primary school days I had double promotion and was about to be double promoted again, my dad refused.

My life is boring, I have the money cars but its so boring.. Learnt hw to operate a computer age 6, dismantled and reassembled my dads desktop computer , I think I was 14 then. I grew up interested in computers and electrionic gadgets, I also learnt certified ethical hacking (CEH), I didn't go to university for all of these.

I knw I'm gifted but I dnt knw hw to teach others, I easily get irritated and its frustrating.

What you need is a company.

When you do, you won't be thinking about how to convince people but the next line of product to float in the market.

I was discussing how to generate electricity with my learned uncle without fuel, solar or inverter but the discussion was abruptly closed by him because I am not a graduate engineer.

It is normal in our world.

If you can't establish one or partner with others, change field. drop engineering and start another career that is human friendly like art or public relations since your friends prefer the funny you than the real you.

it won't be an easy decision though.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
victorels:

What you need is a company.

When you do, you won't be thinking about how to convince people but the next line of product to float in the market.

I was discussing how to generate electricity with my learned uncle without fuel, solar or inverter but the discussion was abruptly closed by him because I am not a graduate engineer.

It is normal in our world.

If you can't establish one or partner with others, change field. drop engineering and start another career that is human friendly like art or public relations since your friends prefer the funny you than the real you.

it won't be an easy decision though.

I love architecture, I wanted to read computer science but then I thought, I already know computer sciences and even more.
I also know hw to sing, I mean real music.. I was a kid, each time we went for vigil/ fellowship, there is always a new song and to me it doesn't feel like one, sing the song once, and the next thing u knw, I'm repeating exactly the same words in response. The pastor was so suprised that he had to stop to compliment me. I can remember vividly. Lol ... Music feels so easy. My friends call me j cole each time I rap, I talk like a black american, dnt fuss over my accent, I've been like this but I think what influenced my accent was my 'trying to do better' attitude. Actually, no ne of my south african friends believes I'm nigerian,

I have this strong feeling that nothing is hard in life, because I easily understand and can solve complex problems, I was once a cafe attendant and the systems were so complicated that each time I restarted the main sever, I had to reconfigure the whole system from a-z, but the man was paying me 5k a month, can you imagine! i got tired, I resigned and months later the cafe closed down.. The man begged that I come back but it was too late.

I also think other people are dumb for not understanding a simple concept, or solving a problem.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by eyesofgod: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
willow0802:

I smoke weed, it isn't about weed , infact it isn't enough to calm my sense..

I have an over active brain

Believe me, its effect is usually insidous but gradually progressive to eventual madness.
I have a professional colleague who, at the moment has gone overboard on weed. We are very very close such that I noticed some subtle but unusual behaviour in him long before his wife did. Now, the wife has gone AWOL and sibs can't get near him. Surprisingly, I am the only one that still hold some form of discussion with him without threat of violence though abuses pour like rainstorm.
We have resolved to put him in a psychiatric hospital mane for rehabilitation.
Its effect is proportional to how much weed one takes. He started with an average wrap a day but now 6 to 10 a day
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by docadams: 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It worked for me. wink

Weed is an addictive drug. Like most drugs tolerance do set in and thus the tendency to upgrade to higher doses. So, a cycle sets in. Eventually, the elastic limit is overshot.
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by defemz(m): 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
@op, are you my clone? Surely we are on a lonely road. What many people struggle to understand I do without much stress. I am extremely inquisitive and very techy, hardly any programming language I have not written and I learnt all myself. Studied civil engineering with a 2.1.Generally I don't believe everything people tell me, I find and figure it out myself religion inclusive. I think very differently from most people. I think hard every time like I would run mad. Sincerely this part get me scared most times. I strangely find thinking very easy and enjoyable. My mind is always preoccupied with how I will proffer solution to myriads of problems. Hard thinking comes to me naturally as breathing. Not a social person. My wife and children are my social circle. But sincerely I don't think I am better than other people. It is hard when people errorneously misconstrue your wanting to be alone as pride.
I have not reached my goal yet, but trust me I am on it. I will never give up until I get it. I don't do weed, I know if I do I will definitely run mad. My mind not me, is currently working on an idea on data compression techbology in the vicinity of 1. The tightest data compression feat humanly possible.

Above all no matter all you think you know somebody sure knows more than you do. This humbles me all the time.

1 Like

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
defemz:
@op, are you my clone? Surely we are on a lonely road. What many people struggle to understand I do without much stress. I am extremely inquisitive and very techy, hardly any programming language I have not written and I learnt all myself. Studied civil engineering with a 2.1.Generally I don't believe everything people tell me, I find and figure it out myself religion inclusive. I think very differently from most people. I think hard every time like I would run mad. Sincerely this part get me scared most times. I strangely find thinking very easy and enjoyable. My mind is always preoccupied with how I will proffer solution to myriads of problems. Hard thinking comes to me naturally as breathing. Not a social person. My wife and children are my social circle. But sincerely I don't think I am better than other people. It is hard when people errorneously misconstrue your wanting to be alone as pride.
I have not reached my goal yet, but trust me I am on it. I will never give up until I get it. I don't do weed, I know if I do I will definitely run mad. My mind not me, is currently working on an idea on data compression techbology in the vicinity of 1. The tightest data compression feat humanly possible.

Above all no matter all you think you know somebody sure knows more than you do. This humbles me all the time.

The things you learn on your own, are you able to pass it unto someone else without getting irritated or lazy about it? I like my privacy too, I don't club which is kinda wack. I have snubbed my aunt and she thought I was rude, lol
Having a high IQ has its advantages and disadvantages, and one of the bad side of it is depression, beacause your brain is always active, it paints a picture in your head, gives u instances and suggestion., wheyn you have a high IQ, your mind becomes your best friend.. Lol.
most times you stay awake reading a book or doing random stuff that u find interest in but may not seem interesting to some one else. I must confess I enjoy thinking, because I get lost in fantasy island. I sometimes talk to my self, if you are seeing me do this for the first time, you'll think I'm about to run mad but NO , I'm alway creating scenes to support my thought, so as to be creative
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
I know this is your thread willow0802 but its my life story. Number is the worst of them all. At times I can't sleep until 12am in the middle of the night due to thinking. The ideas I get and solutions that I find are wonderful but I can't stop thinking even when I want to.

1 Like

Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by kennyman2000(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Learning things here..
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by A190(f): 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
You people are scary!
Re: An Introvert, I Learn Things Quickly! And Its Tormenting! High Iq by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
Typical me... have tried weed, trust me.. it makes you relax yeah.. but not the regular chill other people claim they get. Jazz music and R&B sound tracks helps a lot.

You might even begin to go through a process like you are living it in your head with every single detail like its real life just to determine the outcome.

Scary sometimes and you kind of feel very old for your age.

(1) (Reply)

A Passage To India By Femi Adesina / They Say A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words, This Picture Speaks A Million Words. / Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.