Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? (30999 Views)

V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by BigCharlx: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2010
I bought my Hoda Baby Boy 2001 4 cylinder in December 2007. I purchased it from someone who had used the car before. The car was on 100,000+ (as in mileage) when I purchased it.

I have driven this car for 3 years now without much hitch travelling to and fro Abuja to Lagos, Lagos to PH, PH to Abuja and PH to Ondo State occassionally. The only been when I travelled from Port Harcourt to Ondo State and observed that it would not move the way it should after I had stopped at a checking point.

With the problem, I took the car to Ondo State (Owo, Akure and Ondo town) and back to Port Harcourt before getting in touch with my mechanic who claimed that the sensor got blocked and had to clean and replace oil.
The vehicle is still very much in a perfect working condition now. Presently, the mileage is 126,000+

Thanks God for His goodness.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by lagbaja02: 9:59am On May 12, 2011
I have a 99 Honda Baby boy with V6 engine. I had the same gear transmission problem and i bought another guy after buying the gear. I noticed my car was emitting black smoke and was really guzzling fuel. So my mechanic decided to check the airflow meter which was working fine. What they are saying now is I need to change my brainbox before the car can work fine. The funny thing is that the car was working fine before the gear packed up and its was after the gear installation that all this started av not even had chance to test drive the gear we just bought. Please anyone got any ideas on what might be wrong with it.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by adanny01(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2011
I have a 4 cylinder 97 Honda Accord aka Academy of Bulldog with gear problems.
Six months ago, i had to change the sensors coz it was not changing gear properly or at the right moment. The change made everything become normal. 3 weeks ago i changed the gear oil and serviced the gear sensors. A week later the gear started a new problem. The gear will free when changing between 2 - 3 and 3 - 4. Change from 1 - 2 stalls for some few seconds but does not free. 4 - 5 is normal. With the problem i cant initiate overtake on gear 3 as it will free for some seconds during the change and while overtaking which is so dangerous. I changed gear oil and the sensor but the problem persist. I ws advised to plan for a new gear box.
I wonder if thats actually the only solution.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by jayboy2002: 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2011
i drive a honda babyboy 2002 model 4 cylinder with milleage of 128k buh im having serious issues with my gear transmission from gear 1- 2 its hsakes my engine and have change my engine seat twice cos of this issue, pls i need serious help on dis, anybody with useful infoon how to get this problem fixed shuld pls reply
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by memento: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2011
In fact all the above is a surprise to me, I have a honda bullet that J have been using for over 3yrs, both the engine and the gear are still running perfectly, maintenance is regular though, and I hardly give it to somebody to drive, It has actually made me fall in love with honda and now I am looking to upgrade to eod.

With this new info, my choice is now for 2004 and above, I pray I will be equally fortunate with my next buy. For me Honda has won my love
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by KunleA2(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2011
memento:

In fact all the above is a surprise to me, I have a honda bullet that J have been using for over 3yrs, both the engine and the gear are still running perfectly, maintenance is regular though, and I hardly give it to somebody to drive, It has actually made me fall in love with honda and now I am looking to upgrade to eod.

With this new info, my choice is now for 2004 and above, I pray I will be equally fortunate with my next buy. For me Honda has won my love

I suggest you get a 2004/2005 4 cylinder. i am leaning more towards a 2005 though. May God enrich you more.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2011
With all these auto tranny related issues, it makes a manual that much more attractive. And yes, I'm aware of the Lagos traffic issues, but weighing up the inconvenience of using a clutch, and the cost of refurbing an auto tranny when it goes bad. . .

. . .I'd rather learn how to drive properly, and master a manual!
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by blank(f): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2011
@ Sienna, it is not just about learning to drive properly. Many people learnt to drive with manual. But meeen, the traffic and what it does to your knee. My calf, my knees, in fact my whole legs are always complaining after the drive. Also, u would av to change the clutch (after i have drive[b]n[/b] it).  grin Modified before English begin kill me.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2011
blank:

@ Sienna, it is not just about learning to drive properly. Many people learnt to drive with manual. But meeen, the traffic and what it does to your knee. My calf, my knees, in fact my whole legs are always complaining after the drive. Also, u would av to change the clutch (after i have drive it). grin

So let's say auto didn't exist. Would you still drive?

I've been stuck in traffic for 6 hours, over a 325 mile trip within the UK, 4 hours when I worked in London almost daily. And I've been in traffic for 8 hours driving from London to Spain, through France and Germany. A 23 hour drive. All this was done with manual. You need to read all the transmission issues on Nairaland alone. None are manual issues, all are auto! Automatics don't like heat, and that's what kills them. Being stuck in slow-moving traffic is what eventually destroys them. The cost of repairs, or replacement will ground most cars, on older models permanently.

You're a clutch killer? Hehehe. That's bad driving. I used to own a 1988 Audi 200 Quattro Turbo, and regularly towed a 4-wheel trailer with it. The trailer weighed 1,100 kgs empty, and I transported cars with it, average car weighs 1,300 kgs. So I was pulling 2,400 kgs on a regular basis. The car itself weighed 1,590 kgs. I did this for 4 years, and never burnt out a clutch. Correct clutch control will see your clutch last the lifetime of the car. I sold the car with 544,000 miles, still with the original clutch. An automatic tranny is unlikely to last that long without a rebuild. Definitely towing will put a lot of strain on it, and cook the internals over time.

My left leg is still the same size as the right, if your clutch is that stiff, then it's on its way out. A modern car with hydraulic clutch has a very light pedal action, almost as light as the gas pedal. An old car with cable clutch, with the clutch pressure plate worn, will be heavy.

My current car is 5-speed Tiptronic, but I'm replacing it with a 6-speed manual. Better fuel economy, better drive with engine braking, less weight over the front suspension, and best of all - maintenance-free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by blank(f): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
My own laziness is too much. I would rather replace automatic transmission than do that clutch brake, clutch accelerate, clutch change gear and still change clutch transmission grin. Time no dey.

my own knee don reach to replace.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by agabaI23(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2011
Kunle-A:

1999 CRV is good. Just don't use the wrong oil when topping off or changing the oil.

Please Oga Kunle A

You fit search this for me? WAUZL64B31NO88301

na off topic be this no vex. just looking for Kunle's attention
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Gearmasterno1: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
We can repair the GEAR

Call dis number now and ask or tell us your GEAR PROBLEMS FOR SOLUTION OR ADVISE

our workshop is @ allen opebi link rd underbridge,oregun link ikeja
Mr. Gani 08023245831
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by autolsale004: 8:00am On May 09, 2012
Hi everybody!
If your Honda car doesnt work any more,tongue You can contact me at:

Email address:amanda@autoltech.com
MSN:autolsale004@hotmail.com
Yahoo ID:chenautolsale004@yahoo.com

There is the car diagnostic tool I want to introduce to you:Honda GNA600

Overview
Honda GNA600 interface module kit works with the OEM-Honda Diagnostic PC Software (HDS). This is the replacement for the previous dealer tool Honda HIM. It can diagnose all Honda and Acura vehicle systems on models from 1992 to present year. Currently GNA600 doesn"t support ECU tuning.
Honda GNA600 Version: V2.027
Description
GNA600 interface module kit works with the OEM-Honda Diagnostic PC Software (HDS). This is the replacement for the previous dealer tool Honda HIM. It can diagnose all Honda and Acura vehicle systems on models from 1992 to present year.
What is the highlights of GNA600 version?
1. GNA600 supports Honda FCX Clarity hydrogen fuel vehicles
2. GNA600 use USB 2.0 communication
3. GNA600 can change the VIN code of CANBUS cars.
4. GNA600 can program the smart key without the programming password
5. GNA600 supports all Acura
6. GNA600 cancel all passwords
7. GNA600 supports odometer rewrite via OBD-16 (Condition: the vehicle with Body-Electric)
8. Currently GNA600 doesn"t support ECU tuning.
Super GNA600 supports 29 languages
1. Spanish
2. Slovenia
3. English
4. Greece
5. German
6. Danmark
7. Czechic
8. Chinese(Taiwan)
9. Chinese(China)
10. AmerEnglish
11. Vietnam
12. Turkey
13. Thailand
14. Swedish
15. Russian
16. Portuguese
17. Portuguese(Brazil)
18. Poland
19. Norwegian
20. Holand
21. Korea
22. Japanese
23. Italy
24. Indian
25. Hungary
26. French
27.French(Canada)
28. Finland
29. Spanish(Mexico)
Function Description
Honda Electronic Control System
1.Engine System.
2.Theft Guard System.
3.No key enter system, support serial and USB.
4.Antiblock system.
5.Safty airbag system.
6.Electronic air throttle system.
7.Electronic booster system.
8.Body electric system.
9.Four-wheel turning system.
10.ATTS.
11.IMA.
12.VTM-4.
13.TPMS.
14.SH-AWD.
15.Disel oil engine system.
16.IHCC.
17.HiDS.
18.Four-wheel drive system.
19.Controller engine start system.
Super GNA600 Kit Includes
1 Super GNA600 vehicle communication module;
2 OBD-16 Cable ;
3 Honda-3PIN Cable;
4 USB 2.0 Cable;
5 One Box.

If you are intrested in,Please contact me,I am free to ask! tongue
Thanks!
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Dsdada: 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
how serious do we take car manufacturers and their manuals? Pushing our responsibilities for reading our car manuals and implementing same as car owners on our mechanics won't help us. Do ds cars give owners in odr parts of d world same probs wt similar frquencies? If d manufacturer said dt only certain 03 and 04 models(for sedans-which accord belongs) were affected, it suggests to me that bulk of d problems with ds cars are user created. Can we put up a thread on bad attitudes dt damage cars in nigeria vs positive attitudes that helps car owners in odr parts of the world enjoy their cars.

1 Like

Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Quadmaster(m): 5:43am On Oct 06, 2012
Pls can anyone advise me on a 2007 honda accord discussion continues with a V6 engine.Is it a good car? Has anybody got similar problems with the car!
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by dandollar1: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2012
Quadmaster: Pls can anyone advise me on a 2007 honda accord discussion continues with a V6 engine.Is it a good car? Has anybody got similar problems with the car!
Someone should please comment on this.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by tempex88(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2013
My Hoda accord just developed gear problem.. when i put it in drive and accelerate, it takes some time before it moves.....pls i dont want to replace, where can i fix. thx tempex88@gmail.com, PIN;22724692
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by grimadult(m): 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
Have been busy reading all the problems and write ups.seems no one here uses an acura TL V6 1999. My acura jst started giving me hell some months back. Its started on a trip form bayelsa to owerri,getting to elele the transmission started slipping between gears especially 2-3 and when it engages it does it with a hard thud and also won't engage reverse. Bt now noticed it does select fine whn cold but once it heats up it selects with d loud thud and delays a little before it engages. Changed d transmission fluid with th OEM honda DW-1 fluid and wuld wnt ti drive d car to minna,any idea if d car can make d journey. Advice needed. Thnx.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by dralapomeji: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Honda wv a mileage of 300k. Any ish?
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Takanigeria: 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please, I have a honda Odessy 1999 model which uses an auto V6 gear. Can this gear be substituted with a manual gear? Thanks Ifeanyi B.
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by sule944: 12:53am On Jul 10, 2016
seal777:
I am very happy to contribute to this post because I am victim but a positive one at that.

I bought my Toyota Camry 1999 V6, having been registered for 5 years with the owner hardly able to use it because it  started smoking barely months into its purchase sucking fuel like locomotive engine and the gear jerks at interval. He was advice to change the engine and gear box.

I bought the car with the advice of my mechanic, change the brain box to solve the problem of the smoke and find out that the transmission oil in the gear is not only flat according to my mechanic but almost dried up. He loosed it from the down, had the oil drained and replace it with 5 plastics of new one and that was all.

Eight months down the lane I was on my way from a trip when I met the former owner of the car, I stopped as a friend to say hello. He was happy to see me using the car but inquire how I was able to surmount the problem with the car and still enjoying it.

He asks me two salient questions.

1. Did I change the engine of the car which I told him no, only replaced the brain box and the smoking stopped.

2. Did I change the gear box which I told him no but only drain and replace the transmission oil and that was all?

@nezan just hit the head on the nail grin

In as much as I will agree with the earlier posts, I do believe that most people don't even check their transmission fluid talkless of changing it. I do believe that regular checking/changing of the transmission fluid will give you a better deal.:

This to my best opinion is the genesis of gear problems, how many of us care about the transmission oil as much as we care about the engine?.
what kind gear oil u use
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Ayostephen1(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
PLS ADVICE ME NAIRALANDER , IS MANUAL GEAR OK FOR HONDA BABY BOY ? ADVICE ME , MANUAL OR AUTOMATIC
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by ehizario2012: 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
grimadult:
Have been busy reading all the problems and write ups.seems no one here uses an acura TL V6 1999. My acura jst started giving me hell some months back. Its started on a trip form bayelsa to owerri,getting to elele the transmission started slipping between gears especially 2-3 and when it engages it does it with a hard thud and also won't engage reverse. Bt now noticed it does select fine whn cold but once it heats up it selects with d loud thud and delays a little before it engages. Changed d transmission fluid with th OEM honda DW-1 fluid and wuld wnt ti drive d car to minna,any idea if d car can make d journey. Advice needed. Thnx.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my acura tl 2000. Same car as urs. Please how did you eventually resolve it?
Re: Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? by Jusome: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
my Honda baby boy refuse to move when I engage it, it can select but won't move help pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Raising The Base Of A Car / 17 Most Weird Car Names You've Ever Heard / Innoson IVM 4×4 Carrier Is Not Manufactured In Nigeria. He Rebranded The Logos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.