Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers (765 Views)

6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by Realayomide: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
Apologies if may sound too direct, i totally understand how scarce resources could be and how hard things can get. I'm sorry about that.

But let me put this in another way. Maybe it'll be more helpful.

Consider this scenario:

A good man gets to heavens gate and was queried why he cheated on his wife. He complained "My wife was a nagging and lazy woman who denied me of sex most of the time". He was right. His wife pushed him to cheat. Every circumstance around him encouraged him to cheat. But......it was his fault that he cheated! He had the power to control his emotions. Maybe he didn't realize it at that time. Unfortunately, he must take responsibility and bear the consequences of adultery.

My point is, life is what it is. We can't keep crying over spilled milk. We can't keep complaining about these employers. They are who they are and you are who you are. Are you hungry for success or not? What have complaints and blames brought you? Nothing i guess.

I've learned that when i take responsibility for everything that happens in my life, whether i'm at fault or not, it helps me sort out issues and move on seamlessly.

Often times when i'm confused and don't have deliberate goals, it's easier for me to blame on people, things and circumstances around me. Yes, I might have a point blaming those people or circumstances. However, it is what it is and the BIG question is "Do i want to be a success or not?". Only then do i realize that the whole world has failed me, circumstances are against me, but i must make it.
Sheer determination and discipline can make you move like an unstoppable grenade and achieve anything you want to achieve.

I agree that it's easier for a well-to-do guy to pay for a programme at NIIT, buy a high-end laptop and learn computer programming in his air conditioned home. It's also possible for a less fortunate guy to save 1000 Naira every month for 2 years and buy a fairly used desktop computer, get ebooks and start learning in a hot and uncomfortable room at home. If the later is really determined, he'll make it. And tomorrow, nobody will know the difference.

We all have the ability to change our lives whether we know it or not.

One can forgo ones BIS subscription for a month to buy a book on Financial Accounting or even French!

One could make it a point of duty to be more extroverted in order to sharpen ones sales/marketing skills.

A graduate engineer can take up a stressful 10,000 Naira monthly salary job to acquire instrumentation skills that will help him apply in Nestoil in 2 years, then ExxonMobil in 5 years.

One can consider entrepreneurship

One can also lament that things are rough, pay for internet subscriptions and read irrelevant news online everyday.

The options are endless.

Remember you are the architect of your own life, you design what ever you want to design with it. What ever you design is what you get.
If you design failure, then you get failure. If you design success, then success you get. Don't blame any body for your mischief in life cos you are responsible for your own life.

The choice is yours. You are on your own. Are you gonna do something about it or not? The choice is left for you to make.

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by Aminat508(f): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2015

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by bronzegoddess(f): 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Amen! brother, amen!

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by Cutehector(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
Right..

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Did not read. Somebody please summarize.
Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by amicable09(f): 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
charix:
Did not read. Somebody please summarize.

lol... Take it line by line smiley
The OP actually gave a summary because if I were to write the same stuff mine would have been longer. Truth still remains the choice is ours to make whether we fail or succeed, I realised that for me some people dull my sparkle when they give me false hope. You sit idle waiting for a promised job or whatever it is and as you wait idly days turn into weeks and weeks into months and months into ... God forbid!

So, It is best to take responsibility for your success or failure. October 2015 ends today, we will be ushered into November 1 before we know it. Mmmh...

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by longlife101: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
To summarize: That Which Is Like Unto Itself Is Attracted!
Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by baruzeez(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
That was inspiring and kinda emotional Thanks very much Op. Bigger u Insha Allah

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by lisimmo(m): 12:00am On Nov 01, 2015
true. very true.

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by ambassadorgozie(m): 2:08am On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks..

I vividly believe dat wit determination nd hardwork God wil settle us before december

AMEN

1 Like

Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by lovethchioma(f): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hallelujah somebody. God will surely do it for us. But, we have to also act. just do something, no matter how small it is . @op everything u said is the #fact.
Remember Faith without work is dead

If we had all forgone OUR Bis subscription we wont be on nairaland neither would we be commenting on your post now #Lol
Re: My Answers To A Nairaland Thread - A Must Read Article For Job Seekers by Valentinooo: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks for that great piece op. I have learnt long time ago to stop blaming people for my woes. I always take responsibility for my actions and face my problems squarely. In life nobody cares, nobody wants to know how you achieve success, just become successful and see many people, even those you have not met before celebrate you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check If It's Kind Of Job You Want / Glaxosmithkline Logistics / Resource Intermediaries Limited Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.