Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches (1222 Views)

Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT" / Most Common Phrases You'll Hear In Most Churches / Prosperity Gospel: A Deep Rooted Heresy In Most Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by PastorandMentor(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
YOU DON’T NEED DELIVERANCE!
I came from a generation that had dedicated all their life and resources to the power of darkness. No first son became anything in the family. Surprisingly only my dad rose to be the only successful person in the family and he wasn’t the first son. This statistic got my attention, I discovered no first son became anything; I had to be up on my games. Growing up had been challenging, life was so unbearable that I often considered taking my life. Though I got born again at the age of 9 years, but still couldn’t comprehend the power of the word of God and the enabling power of the Holy Spirit. Tears could go down my eyes when I saw my life in total mess, Many suggested I needed deliverance, the more I went for deliverance my life grew from bad to worse. Problems kept on resurfacing after another had been solved.
As I study my bible I discovered that I am not from that generation of demons. I saw that Jesus was made the first born in my place, therefore He took my place. So I had been supplanted by Jesus. Every curses on every first born, I became excluded when I acknowledge what Jesus did. This got me vocalizing my position in Christ Jesus. I declared I was delivered already when I got born-again. I could pray in the Spirit relating to what was in the word of God.
During my young days of leadership I had the privilege to serve as a youth leader in -------- Ministry in the City of Abuja. I got amazed at the bondage I saw in that ministry. Many were subjected for deliverance. When you don’t have a Job. You need deliverance, when you have a bad dream, you need deliverance; everything was fix to deliverance. Before I had to be a youth Leader they requested I underwent deliverance. Many were filled with fear of the devil. I could see many of my youth members in pains and constant battle to live a free life.
One day I got them to a scripture “ he had delivered us from” – Colossian 1:15 Since I was close to the pastoral, I did relate my stand against the mode of deliverance in the church, scripturally no Christian should be subjected to any mode of deliverance, what they actually need is the renewing of their mind and the practice of the praying in the Spirit. Well guess what, that brought trouble to me. I was denied a lot of benefit as a youth leader of the ministry.
It is sad as I minister to people; many often believe they need deliverance to have a better life. They agreed they need deliverance because of what they are going through. They hadn’t been able to come to the position of their authority in Christ. Such people you see them going from one deliverance house to another, this is often sad. From me to you, brother, Sister. Jesus had already delivered you, so you need no man to deliver you. It doesn’t matter who ever had preach you need deliverance. Pastor, bishop, Evangelist, Arch bishop or General overseer, all doesn’t count. What does is the word of God. That is the final Authority.
The question now is What should I do now on this situation of mine?
1. Be Born again
2. Never you walk by your feeling e.g. if you don’t have job, that should not suggest that you need deliverance
3. Renew you mind with God’s Word (Know everything Jesus had done for you)
4. Vocalize your rights to the kingdom of darkness i.e. making positive confession.
5. Pray constantly in the spirit i.e. praying in tongues
6. Change the persons you fellowship with. If any ministry doesn’t believe on the total supremacy of God’s word, it will do you good to change to another.
As you practice this, you will discover that you will advance in strength .God bless you.
Bible References: Col. 1:15, Colossians 1:13, 1 John 5:4, 2 Peter 1:3-4
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by Trizyd(m): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Your points 1-5 are fundermentals of self deliverance. I Think You Are Having A Misconception About It. Pray To God To Open Your Eyes Of Understanding.

1 Like

Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by vooks: 4:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Believers need deliverance from IGNORANCE
Look at some myths they have clung to for years
http://www.spiritualwarfaredeliverance.com/books/02-christian-spiritual-warfare-book/
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by ByfireByfire: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2015
Op what amazes me in your post is that you never mentioned any tangible change in your life between then you upheld deliverance and now you dismissed it.

You never showed us how rejecting deliverance sessions made all the mountains of problems you inherited as first born go away.

Honestly if there was a change... a difference, you would be the first to herald it before anyone asked. So I think you need to go and thoroughly complete your deliverance prayer session's before its too late.

If your deliverance effort failed, you need to ask God why. That means you have to pray the prayer of enquiry. Many did and got answers that led to their total deliverance.

My point is that if your present approach hasn't changed your situation (that is if you will be honest) then you still need to rethink.

I wish you well.
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by vooks: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Op what amazes me in your post is that you never mentioned any tangible change in your life between then you upheld deliverance and now you dismissed it.

You never showed us how rejecting deliverance sessions made all the mountains of problems you inherited as first born go away.

Honestly if there was a change... a difference, you would be the first to herald it before anyone asked. So I think you need to go and thoroughly complete your deliverance prayer session's before its too late.

If your deliverance effort failed, you need to ask God why. That means you have to pray the prayer of enquiry. Many did and got answers that led to their total deliverance.

My point is that if your present approach hasn't changed your situation (that is if you will be honest) then you still need to rethink.

I wish you well.

Make time and go through this book
http://www.spiritualwarfaredeliverance.com/books/02-christian-spiritual-warfare-book/
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by xest(m): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
Most of u here didn't understand the message theOP is trying to pass, he didn't condemn "Deliverance" per se but most pastors n churches have made it a point of call in what ever problems u bring to dem. Just like the OP said,they asked him to under go deliverance cos they want to mak him Youth president, if u want to get a job u undergo deliverance,if u r looking for a child deliverance. The thing is too much, how many ppl did christ deliver during his tym? To me all this deliverance are blown out of proportion, after d deliverance nothing. So my ppl is not all abt deliverance but by Gods special grace in our lives.
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by Trizyd(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
xest:
Most of u here didn't understand the message theOP is trying to pass, he didn't condemn "Deliverance" per se but most pastors n churches have made it a point of call in what ever problems u bring to dem. Just like the OP said,they asked him to under go deliverance cos they want to mak him Youth president, if u want to get a job u undergo deliverance,if u r looking for a child deliverance. The thing is too much, how many ppl did christ deliver during his tym? To me all this deliverance are blown out of proportion, after d deliverance nothing. So my ppl is not all abt deliverance but by Gods special grace in our lives.
You Are Wrong Bro. The Op's Message Is Clear. The First Four Words Says It All.
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by PRINCESSO2: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
Listen you need to speak the word of God whenever Satan tempts you
Psalm 199:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

John17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are Unclad and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Word of God can help us stop sinning.

Romans 6:23-23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 10: 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I too struggled with sexual immorality until one day the temptation came and I think I said (I must have received help from the Lord)- THE SEXUALLY IMMORAL SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
The temptation eased up. And i thought the word of God can help the homosexuals or other sinners too.They can say when tempted

1 Corinthians 6-9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God when temptation comes,you need the word of God.

For pride-James 4:6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Also-
Matthew 23:12-
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

For fear-2 Timothy 1- 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

For Sexual immorality -18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

And for those who feel guilty -
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Christ is coming.and he comes for a pure church.
Ephesians 5-
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Romans 8-
13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

So,how do we resist temptation-
James 4-7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by xest(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
Trizyd:

You Are Wrong Bro. The Op's Message Is Clear. The First Four Words Says It All.
how?
Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by vooks: 6:13am On Nov 02, 2015
xest:
how?

He is telling Negroes to separate stupidity and paganism from Christianity

1 Like

Re: Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches by PastorandMentor(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
God bless you.
xest:

(1) (Reply)

Prophetic Prayer (berachah 2016) By Pastor Daniel Orogun / 40 Striking And Interesting Similarities Between: Archbishop Benson Idahosa And / How To Connect With Divine Favour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.