Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? (3141 Views)

Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by LilianEve: 2:07pm On May 09, 2009
I am an Old member but i need to use this ID to create this thread.I need your honest advice on the afore-mentioned subject my ex wants me to borrow her some amount of money that is above what i can do without the knowledge of my wife.I used to do things without informing my wife but last year November i called my wife that i will never give out money that is more than 50k without her knowledge.My ex got my phone number through my cousin,she called me and i told her that i am married but we can still be the best of friends.A month after she asked me to borrow her some cash which i gave her half of the money not to pay back. She later asked me to borrow her some cash to start a business since she has just finished NYSC which i agreed.The money is far more than what i can give out without telling my wife.I can afford the cash but i do not want to give it out without my wife's consent.Please how do i tell my wife ?

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by ifyalways(f): 5:23pm On May 09, 2009
why entertain a relationship with ur ex without atleast telling ur wife?
wud u be comfy if u find out ur wife is seeing/helping her ex at ur back?
are u a bank/money lender or u are just a plain philiantropist?
Finally,are u willing to lose ur home/wife cos of ur ex?
Am sure,ur wife wud get to know one day. . . .either from u(cos u seem to be paranoid) or maybe from ur ex undecided and am pretty sure that when she finds out who/how u spent the money,she definitely wud not find it funny.
Am still intrested,why do u want to help ur ex?cos u can afford it or maybe cos u still have sumtins for her undecided
Dear,tell ur wife everything. . . .from the very first money till now.OR tell ur ex to go ask ur wife.goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:25pm On May 09, 2009
Im so over retarded NL members

What the hell is your business with your ex abi you think we're to believe you'd actually give a girl money without anything in return

Asin
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by FLGators1: 5:27pm On May 09, 2009
If she was still your gf and she asked you to lend that kinda money, you men would be saying rubbish about her.

So, how does being an ex makes the situation more special?
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Secretz(f): 6:51pm On May 09, 2009
Do not borrow your ex any amount of money with or without your wife's consent, even if you ask your wife, you are asking for trouble because you are about to leave the gap open where the trust should be.

The fact that you and your ex were not even properly communicating is an indication that you guys are not that close, and I wouldn't expect you to be when you are now married. Money and women can cause the biggest downfall in a man's life. Tell her to ask her own friends and family. She may come back for me, and then what will you say then? when will it end?

However, it's your life and in this case your marriage. grin

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 09, 2009
//
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by invisible2(m): 9:05pm On May 09, 2009
Emotional case, very problematic situation as guy wants to show the ex that he is loaded enough, beware for she may want to borrow your 'services' one day, and you will still want to show her you are still capable like before.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Nobody: 4:23am On May 10, 2009
the borrowing of the money is NOT the problem here. the problem is that you have to hide to do it because you KNOW that your wife wouldnt allow it. it says much about your relationship if you can even talk to the woman you married and need to sneak out to do certain things.
that is why marriage are worth nothing in our society, people cant even communicate or be honest to one another.
IF BORROWING MONEY TO YOUR EX IS SO IMPORTANT TO YOU THEN YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEM TELLING/EXPLAINING IT TO YOUR WIFE BEFORE YOU DO IT!
be a man and dont jeopardize your marriage because of bullshit like that. when the trust is gone, it is very difficult to get it back!

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Outstrip(f): 4:29am On May 10, 2009
The way I see it is you have already opened the door to something more than your marriage might be able to handle. You need to let your girlfriend I mean ex girlfriend know that you cannot give out that much money without your wife involved.
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by LilianEve: 1:18pm On May 10, 2009
Thanks to everyone that has contributed,one thing i owe my wife is the trust and confidence she repose in me.I will be the last married man to engage in an extra-marital affairs.My ex remains ex but i just feel that not borrowing her is like i am being wicked.I have made up my mind not to give out the money either with the consent of my wife or not. I have stopped picking her calls just to avoid undue familiarity.She now sent me this text message and it is very touching that is why i seek advice.Here is the content of the text (Why are u avoiding my calls i know i'm no longer your responsibility. I only want u to help me out as a friend. Did you remember when u told me u are now my best friend? Is this how best of friends behave? Friends making their friends beg for help.May the peace of the Lord be with u and your family and i also hope u will eventually give your life to Christ see you at the top.Cheers.)
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by ifyalways(f): 1:38pm On May 10, 2009
rofl
So she have given her life to christ and found it healthy to be best of friends with her married ex without the wifes' knoweledge Pathetic how some folks hide under that big umbrella . . .Christ/Church/Religion for their own personal gains.
@OP since when did she meet Christ?since u refused picking her calls? cheesy
abeg make she carry her cross waka.u owe her nuffin . . .finacially or even spiritually cheesy
Good decision u have made.stick with it.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by touchmeder: 1:42pm On May 10, 2009
you should not even have this sort of relationship with an ex, who after marriage is asking you to lend her money.

grow some balls man, i weak for guys when nor fit tell chick ''NO''
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by nwauwa(m): 1:44pm On May 10, 2009
Wale Adenuga production.
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by amebono13: 2:03pm On May 10, 2009
poster is just stupid

seriously undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Honeyboy09(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2009
O boy sha u b father Christmas , She said you should borrow her money , Next time now she will ask you to borrow her your Bed (penis ) you better run for your life because how will you feel if your wife is still keeping in contact with her Ex and helping him out with money , Dont do unto your wife what you wount like to be done to you .
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 10, 2009
//
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Nobody: 2:01am On May 11, 2009
its obvious that she want to use religion to force you into doing something you are not comfortable doing.
tell this ex of yours that religion DEMANDS that you are 100% faithful to your spouse and therefore if she (the ex) wants you to borrow her the money, you will have to speak to your wife about it before any money can be exchanged.
you are a married man and therefore decisions in the household she be made jointly for everything that has to do with your marriage, money included!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:42am On May 11, 2009
why would you tell her she's your "best friend"

Do you have any respect for your wife at all?
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by mohawkchic(f): 3:27am On May 11, 2009
~Why do you feel so Compelled to help your Ex? You trying to make up for something you did or couldnt do ?You got some sort of "Guilt" over something? undecided

~Misplaced Loyalty if you ask me! Your actions could become destructive & ruin the Trust you've built w/ your Mrs. if you're not careful!! ~
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Oxone(m): 5:01am On May 11, 2009
OP
Encouraging friendship with your ex after you are married is just plain stupid.
my advice is do not even bring up the issue with your wife, if u value your marriage & severe all ties with your ex

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by LilianEve: 5:16pm On May 11, 2009
Thanks for all the responses,it has really helped me and i will never make that same mistake again.
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by LilianEve: 5:20pm On May 11, 2009
Oxone:

OP
Encouraging friendship with your ex after you are married is just plain stupid.
my advice is do not even bring up the issue with your wife, if u value your marriage & severe all ties with your ex
I can't even try it she will cry for days if i let her know.
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by MrCrackles(m): 12:32am On May 13, 2009
Topic

Borrow your ex the dosh and leave your woman out of it!
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Meldrick(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2009
Must u tell your wife evertything? There are some things you say and it will be difficult to handle the after effect. Your ex needs it for a good reason. Don't borrow her. Give her half of it and tell her to meet her present guy to complete it. It's not everything you must tell your wife. Its for the sake of your marriage. You know women. She might not handle it the way u expect but scare your girlfriend off by telling her your wife was not happy so it doesn't repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by JJYOU: 11:23am On May 13, 2009
unbelievable. do you all intend to cut off your friends after you marry?. life is for living every relationship should not lead to sex.

o boy if you have the money and you can comfortably let it go there is no harm in being nice to an ex girl/friend.

i would also strongly suggest you work on the matter of trust in your marriage. i would personally tell before i give even though mine would never find out. i like to believe i have enough credits to be trusted by the significant other.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by Bolarge(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2009
Put this girl/ ex- whateva u call her where she belongs-

. . . in the black hole of history.

Period.
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by mrsb(f): 3:09pm On May 13, 2009
Lilian_Eve:

.My ex got my phone number through my cousin,she called me and i told her that i am married but we can still be the best of friends.

Dude. Your wife should be your best friend. Cut off your ex and go and spend the money on wifey. wink
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On May 13, 2009
so sad.
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by xavier3(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2009
guy i sabi forge lie die, but i don holy as of 1 second ago before i wan post d huge buyable and believable lie as ansa wey u go tel wifey grin grin
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by xavier3(m): 11:48pm On May 13, 2009
mrsb:

Dude. Your wife should be your best friend. Cut off your ex and go and spend the money on wifey. wink

dats d way, afta al dat spending u wil get a very big and bountiful reward wey wifey dey hide from u al dis while.

d hidden skilz in d art of *** 2b used only in emergency cases of wen hubbies eyez is elsewhere or during gold digger alert
grin grin
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by WarfyBoy(m): 12:20am On May 14, 2009
enuf story to read on this forum

i go call wale adenuga, make im kom check wether im go c new film for here
Re: Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? by ossaisly(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
Why didn't this make front page? I am in the same situation now. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Heart-touching Life Experience Your Parents Ever Shared With You / Unnecessary Familiarity / Female Swag: Check Out This Female Police Officer's Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.