Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics (675 Views)

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Catholic Church Celebrates "St-philomena" The Wonder Worker. / Happy Feast Of Assumption To All Catholics. Hail Mary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics by SalC: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2015
Today the Holy Mother Church celebrate both the known and unknown saints, it is to remind us that if these humans made it to sainthood, we too can make it with determination, perseverance and God's grace.

Most of these saint had bad beginnings yet they re-traced their steps and today we celebrate them on earth so also does heaven celebrate them to the joy of the Most High.

May we emulate them and may God's grace help us attain sainthood too.

Happy All Saints' day Catholics and all.

You too can be a saint.

Cc Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics by SalC: 9:56am On Nov 01, 2015
Pradre Pio of Pietrelcina my favourite Saint, Happy feast day to you the man of faith wonders and stigmata cheesy

1 Like

Re: Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics by SalC: 10:02am On Nov 01, 2015
Syncan wrote

Syncan:
Not that I have become perfect yet: I have not yet won, but I am still running, trying to capture the prize for which Christ Jesus captured me. I can assure you my brothers, I am far from thinking that I have already won. All I can say is that I forget the past and I strain ahead for what is still to come; I am racing for the finish, for the prize to which God calls us upwards to receive in Christ Jesus.
Phill 3:12-14.

How wonderful sometimes when I hear the choir chant the litany of saints...Sancte Paule, ora pro nobis...Sancti Fabiane et Sebastiane, orate pro nobis...Sancta Teresia, ora pro nobis...Omnes sanctae Virgines et Viduae, orate pro nobis...Sancte Augustine, ora pro nobis...Sancta Lucia, ora pro nobis....it goes on and on.

That litany usually fills me with pride, with reassurance, with hope...and a sense of belonging. In this litany is noticed; the name of St. Paul, he now has finished the race, the prize is now his own, his name in the book, never to be blotted out forever. Yet he was once like you and I, uncertain about the future, yet trusting unshakably on the grace from Divine.

Among those saints, are people who while on earth, even I in my sinful state; would have regarded as bad influence. They turned, they forgot the past, they strained ahead, and they won the victory. They await us there, in our home, a home prepared for us, a place of eternal joy.

Many have I related with here on this thread, to some I may possibly introduce myself here on earth, some i may not possibly meet, however one thing is sure, If we persevere; we will surely meet in heaven. I'll like to think that it will be great when I look at you and say "Hi I am Syncan of NL"...how happy we shall be.

Heavenly race; I no go tire, heavenly race; I no go tire, heavenly race; I no go tire....I no go tire.

2 Likes

Re: Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2015
St. Francis of Assisi; my favourite saint and patron saint of ecologists.
He who abadoned luxury life and walked bare-footed, have mercy on us and happy feast day.

1 Like

Re: Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2015
How God will judge my life I know not, but I trust he will see me with mercy and compassion. I am only certain there will be three surprises in Heaven. First of all, I will see some people whom I never expected to see. Second, there will be a number whom I expected who will not be there. And - even relying on God’s mercy - the biggest surprise of all may be that I will be there"...Fulton J sheen.

Happy Feast day.
Re: Today The Mother Church Celebrates "ALL SAINTS" Happy Feast Day To Catholics by bluerange(f): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Happy All Saints' day.

(1) (Reply)

Atheism Or Quest For Fame ? / How TB Joshua Predicted Indonesia Attacks Four Days Earlier / Was Jesus Really Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.