Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Pls Help !!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Help !!!! (689 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help !!!! by Sheggun1: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
me and my course mate live in a 3 bedroom flat and our landlord live in the next flat,3 years ago we make an agreement dat our Nepa bill is #2000 and we are not allow to see the Nepa bill,which we agreed due to house scarcity, just last month we discovered that the real Nepa bill for the 2 flat is #1200,I.e we r paying for the landlord flat since, ....and they use more gadget than us..
The previous tenant of the flat is my brother's friend,he told us he was paying dsame amount too and he was not allow to see the Nepa bill too
My question is that,how will I confront the landlord about it cos we are very close now
......<pls don't mind my bad grammar ~.........
Re: Pls Help !!!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Go get a lawyer
Re: Pls Help !!!! by Sheggun1: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ugliest:
Go get a lawyer
.....haba lawyer ke
Re: Pls Help !!!! by bigt2(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
If your stay remains a few months, then you have the leverage. Either you get a lawyer and let him enquire about the billing history, or you confront the landlord yourself if you have the balls. Clearly let him know of his fraudulence. That is an extortion of the highest order. Fight for your right.
If he flares up, then tell him to refund your balance and he must give you months before eviction.

If you also can, go to the nearest police station and report. It is worthy of note however, that you should pull some strings to stay grounded for you wouldn't like your landlord to start shaking those officers on arrival to the station. It hurts.
Re: Pls Help !!!! by Sheggun1: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
bigt2:
If your stay remains a few months, then you have the leverage. Either you get a lawyer and let him enquire about the billing history, or you confront the landlord yourself if you have the balls. Clearly let him know of his fraudulence. That is an extortion of the highest order. Fight for your right.
If he flares up, then tell him to refund your balance and he must give you months before eviction.

If you also can, go to the nearest police station and report. It is worthy of note however, that you should pull some strings to stay grounded for you wouldn't like your landlord to start shaking those officers on arrival to the station. It hurts.
Bro.... We are student and the landlord is like a father to us
Re: Pls Help !!!! by bigt2(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sheggun1:
Bro.... We are student and the landlord is like a father to us
Then if he is a true father figure, he shouldn't have such a disposition. Hr should be able to compromise and sacrifice like a father will do. Thats my take.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Move To Stop Unn’s N75,000 Laptop Fee / Guys Please Kindly Vote For My Guy For The Most Handsome Student Please / Who Can Answer This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.