Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. (757 Views)

How A BSC HOLDER Murdered English, While Defending His Certificate Against HND / Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" / Do Universities Allow HND Holders With Lower Credit For Masters Without Pgd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. by ibadanfinest(m): 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
In my humble opinion, I believe the discrimination against HND holders has come to stay.

Though we have infrastructure deficit in our tertiary institutions, but still infrastructure gap BTW an average university and an average polytechnic is enormous.

As little as govt commitment to education is, Universities get 70% of that little commitment while Colleges of education and Polytechnic share the remaining 30%.

Jamb cut off itself is another form of discrimination. 180 for University, 150 for polytechnic. The brilliant student should go to University while others should go to polytechnic

The media hardly focus on polytechnic, they don't pay them attention when they are on strike, they hardly visit their lecturer to interview them or invite them to a programme to give their views.

Even aspirant on nairaland hardly follow polytechnic thread. Where the likes of uniben thread, unilorin has over 1000 pages running, not even almighty yabatech has up to 100 pages.

Colleges of education are not in the scheme of things, it should be scrapped and treated just like college of medicine. It should be under a University not a school of its own.

The above are my personal views but I stand to be corrected
cc lalastical, fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. by Toniwirelex: 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
this is exactly why i had to wait for 4 good years....
Re: Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. by ibadanfinest(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Toniwirelex:
this is exactly why i had to wait for 4 good years....

Bros me self wait for four years o.
Re: Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. by Toniwirelex: 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Bros me self wait for four years o.
u dey skul now abi??
Re: Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. by ibadanfinest(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Toniwirelex:
u dey skul now abi??
Yes o, Unilag.
Re: Discrimination against HND holders Has Come To Stay. by Toniwirelex: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Yes o, Unilag.
confam....

(1) (Reply)

A 100 Level NOUN Computer Science Student Needs Help In Tma / Please Help Me Out With This Question. / #onlyinfunaab Now Trending On Twitter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.