Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,445 members, 7,861,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing (531 Views)

Amaechi Meets Niger Delta People Over Socio-Economic Direction Of The Region / NIMASA Takes Over 20 Vessels From Tompolo’s Firm / Five(5)things People Don't Know About Bukola Saraki.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by 9jaclicktivist: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
No one is perfect though, I myself I'm still struggling with these points below:

1. PLAYING VIDEO GAMES INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A JOB: video games can be extremely fun, but those games can sure take up a lot of valuable time that could be spent on more important areas of life. There is nothing wrong with playing them, as long as you balance the time needed for school, work and other important aspects of life.

2. SPENDING MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE: credit cards may seem like an easy way to pay for things you really want, but in the long run they could really hurt you if not properly used. Stick to cash, debit or checks. This may seem old-school but they will definitely help you manage your money.

3. USING THE TERM "YOLO": simple please stop using it.

4. ONLY GOING TO CHURCH TO FIND A RELATIONSHIP: not only will you hurt yourself in the long run, but you are also selfishly taking time away from a man or woman who is seeking after God's wisdom and guidance. You can definitely find a great relationship at church, but don't make that your only reason for attending.

5. CITING-"GOOGLE" ON A COLLEGE PAPER OR WORK PRESENTATION: it's not valid citation, and it could get you in some trouble.

6. THINKING YOU KNOW IT ALL.

7. DATING WITH NO VISION: you're confusing your heart, and you're hurting the hearts of others.

8. DEMANDING RESPECT BEFORE YOU'VE EARNED IT: don't get prideful. Learn to scrub the floors before you ask to manage the building. Don't let entitlement get the best of you.

9. WAITING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO DO THINGS: procrastination ain't good at all, before you know it your time's far gone.

10. GETTING IN ARGUMENTS OVER SOCIAL MEDIA.

11. BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR OWN MISTAKES.

12. RELYING ON YOUR MOTHER OR FATHER TO CONSTANTLY BAIL YOU OUT OF TROUBLE.

13. CALLING OFF WORK FOR NO REASON.

14. IGNORING WISDOM FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE OLDER THAN YOU.

15. THINKING MINIMUM WAGE IS WORSE THAN NO JOB AT ALL: don't believe that lie that money is everything. Any job is a good start. Give your full attention to any job, no matter the pay.

16. PRETENDING LIKE YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

17. USING THE EXCUSE, "I'M TOO YOUNG": trust me dear, you're growing old everyday.

18. LIVING IN THE MOMENT, AND NOT PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE.

19. GIVING UP BEFORE YOU START. STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

20. BEING PASSIVE: if you don't stand for something. You'll eventually fall for anything.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by Adebowhales(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
H
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by nikkiking(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
Good points.
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by Tos87(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
ok
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by gmacnoms(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Park bus
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by jumper524(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
im 19 and am still guilty of almost half of those points, guess i've no time left.
God help me as i do so

1 Like

Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by xmich(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
21,TAKING SELFIE IN FRONT OF A MIRROR shocked shocked
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by HARDBUOI: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
WATCHIN MOFO!
pls stp u gona kiL Dat pr1k
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by braine(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
Funny enough, i stopped most of these when I clocked 20. Nice points.
Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by Princesaha: 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
I don't think this will make frontage. I just wasted my megabytes for nothing.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things People Over 20 Should Stop Doing by cutestcee: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
I like the last quote

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Tribunal Declares Aisha Jummai Winner Of Taraba Gov Elections / Biafra: Why Do Our People Fight Against Their Own Interest? - The Trent. / Urhobo People Denounce Their Inclusion In Biafran Map, Urges IPOB To Delist Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.