Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri (778 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Oil Barons Didn’t Sponsor Us, Saraki, Dogara Reply Akande / How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by myners007: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2015
ERSTWHILE Chairman of the Economic and Finan­cial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs. Farida Wa­ziri, yesterday revealed that she came under “fierce at­tacks, slander, blackmail and threats,” while trying to end oil-money induced corrup­tion.

In a statement by her me­dia aide, Ade Williams, the ex-chairman said she was happy that there is ‘a new sheriff in town’, alluding to the anti-corruption stance of President Muhammadu Bu­hari.

Mrs Waziri spoke at Benue State University, Makurdi during the inauguration of World Bank’s Africa Centre of Excellence Project, Cen­tre for Food Technology and Research.

The university was chosen by the World Bank as one of the centres for its 10 Africa Centre of Excellence Project.

While calling for a dras­tic diversification of the nation’s economy from oil through policies that would boost agricultural productiv­ity and reduce corruption, the ex-EFCC boss said long years of over-dependence on oil revenue was one of the driving forces of public and private sectors, corruption in the country.

Waziri said diversifica­tion of the economy would also boost industrial output for the socio-economic de­velopment of Nigeria. She said: “No doubt, our over-dependence on oil revenue has brought us to the point where we are as a nation today. As an anti-corruption czar, I have seen how some of those the nation entrusted with its oil resources in the past helped themselves more than the country.

“With our focus on agri­culture, the struggle by politi­cal office holders to steal oil fund would diminish while the national wealth will be in the hands of the people in­stead of a privileged greedy few. We cannot all dig oil wells in our backyard, but we can all farm in our back­yards. It is time to end oil-money induced corruption in our land by buying into President Buhari’s vision and take ownership.

“I have made my contribu­tions in the fight to discour­age that and even recovered some of the looted funds in billions of dollars. For dar­ing to do that, I came un­der fierce attacks, slander, blackmail and threats, but by God’s grace and long years of experience, I survived all. I am glad today that in­deed, there is a new sheriff in town,” Mrs. Waziri noted.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/oil-barons-pushed-me-out-of-efcc-waziri/
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by Holatunde007(m): 5:56am On Nov 02, 2015
Make i hear more tooory
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by Aminat508(f): 5:57am On Nov 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by managermahmud: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2015
Madam u've alwys been inactive
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by Babatindan: 6:23am On Nov 02, 2015
The cabals of life.
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by jolamos01(m): 6:24am On Nov 02, 2015
When you failed to comply
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by Dannyset(m): 6:37am On Nov 02, 2015
Stop patronising our President. You also lack the will power to fight corruption when you were in office just like your Oga Joe. Thank God we stopped you people. It could have been worst than this.
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by acunon: 6:39am On Nov 02, 2015
Waziri, we are just watching you.
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by kaypound(m): 8:00am On Nov 02, 2015
Shut up waziri....
You have nothing to say....
Under your watch we know how Ibori escaped to Dubai...

1 Like

Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by ApcSucks: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2015
when I say that Buhari is a terrorist i don't mean he's in the class of Osama bin Laden or abubakar baghdadi rather am telling you categorically that Buhari and kabiru umar sokoto are within the same class because both are illiterate terrorist - El Rufai
Re: Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri by mazeltov(m): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2015
Mummy relax, God is on our side.
We shall surely possess our possession from the hands of the Pdp.

I Samuel 30:8 so David inquired of the lord, saying ''shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?'' And the lord answered him, '' Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all''

(1) (Reply)

[photos] Boko Haram Terrorists Cuts Off 2 Men's Hands On Charges Of Theft / Pricecheck Of South Africa Records Y-o-y Growth Of 600% In Nigeria / FG Pledges Prompt Payment Of Workers Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.