Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) (843 Views)

CBN Extends BVN To Microfinance Banks, Gives July 31 Deadline / CBN Extends BVN Registration For Armed Forces / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) by PatMcAdam(m): 6:16am On Nov 02, 2015
It's sweet relief for Nigerians abroad as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has finally extended the BVN registration one last time for them only. This news trickled in within the last 24 hours as the previous extension just expired over the weekend (on the 31st of October). Industry feelers say banks management and executives may have contributed in making a case for them as they discovered that the large number of bank accounts owned by these people faced imminent suspension or freezing. These Nigerians in different countries across the globe had been complaining of their inability to come back home at short notice for the purpose and they largely felt disenfranchised by the fact that there were no centres established for the purpose in their host countries.
The various banks have already started sending out emails to inform such customers. A friend in Canada told me that he is excited and is impressed with the new extension and has already made plans to come to Nigeria by December just to do his. He said he sends money home periodically and also has transactions and projects in the country for which he requires his bank accounts. He wondered if CBN had initially planned to cut off those in diaspora from their surest channel for supporting family and friends and their local accounts/transactions which affords them a significant tie and a sense of belonging in our beloved fatherland.
Re: CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) by BreezyCB(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2015
Good
Re: CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) by Chizin(m): 6:21am On Nov 02, 2015
Ok, I will be coming back then. Hehee.
Re: CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) by buzquet(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2015
Me self dey abroad (Cotonou) I go soon come do my own
Re: CBN Finally Extends BVN Registration Till January 2016 (for Those In Diaspora) by makzeze: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2015
good

(1) (Reply)

If There’s No Subsidy…, We’ll End Up Buying A Dollar At N500 – Dangote / We Need At Least 30 or 40 Tonne Tipper Truck / 5 Things To Do To Improve Your Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.