Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank (779 Views)

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / I Sent The Wrong Salary Schedule To The Bank / A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank by wise14lyf: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2015
Please advise me I recently secured a space onboard a vessel as a cadet of which I will be onboard for over a year at renumeration of NGN35,000 monthly afterwards I become an oiler(after i have gotten seatime), I also have offer as a networking engineer in a bank with a renumeration of NGN120,000 monthly... Please which will be more profitable in terms of longterm career development and financial stability.. Because I don't want a job that when it ends/after years of work I become a liability or no longer needed in the labour market...

Please advise me with reasons so I can choose a career path, as the resumptions dates are both almost same time.
Re: Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank by tempix: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2015
Well done brother. I understand your predicament, the ball is in your court,
Going for marine, will also earn you job security and I believe you job security and in the long run the pay might be higher than that of bank.

Whereas taking bank job
1. The pay is 342% of that of marine
2. Saving up to start your own business will be easier
3. Bank job is very tedious, if it's possible to work for 25hrs out of 24hrs in a day. Bank will demand that from you.
4. It will come to a time that all banks staffs will be on contract.
5. Laying off is kind of common with banks. And so may others

I see a promising future in the marine job.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank by wise14lyf: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2015
tempix:
Well done brother. I understand your predicament, the ball is in your court,
Going for marine, will also earn you job security and I believe you job security and in the long run the pay might be higher than that of bank.

Whereas taking bank job
1. The pay is 342% of that of marine
2. Saving up to start your own business will be easier
3. Bank job is very tedious, if it's possible to work for 25hrs out of 24hrs in a day. Bank will demand that from you.
4. It will come to a time that all banks staffs will be on contract.
5. Laying off is kind of common with banks. And so may others

I see a promising future in the marine job.

Thank you very much Tempix I am most grateful you have helped me in taking a stand.
Re: Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank by Samyj247: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2015
I go wt wt d 1st commenter said. With ur oil nd gas experience, u will soon get a job dt is far better dn d bnk job
Re: Please Advise A Career In The Marine Sector Or A Career In The Bank by ultimatenath1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
hello wise 14...just like d 1st 2 pple commented.... I advise u go for the marine..its.more secured
iv gat a b.eng in elect/elect but I'm.currently wrkn in a financial institution..iv always wanted to be a.maritime worker...hw do I go.abt it any idea or link....

best of luck to u

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Professions/skills In Nigeria With The Highest Demand? / Pls What Side Hustle R U Into That Brings U Extra Income Asides Ur Main Work? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.