Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag (1105 Views)

United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets / Ojukwu Was A Great Prophet--Femi Adesina / Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by Movic1(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2015
Col Ojukwu the founder of biafra died as a Nigerian. He died in the UK after a long illness, aged 78. The Nigerian Army accorded him the highest military accolade and conducted a funeral parade for him in Abuja, his coffin was draped in a Nigerian flag during his burial.
Before his death, Ojukwu ran for President of a united Nigeria.
His wife Bianca after his death was made the Nigerian Ambassador to Spain. His son, Mr Emeka Ojukwu, also contested in the 2015 Federal House of Representatives election in Nigeria.
The war had come and gone. The story of the war and what led to it has been told, is being told and will continue to be told.
What seems to me a human tragedy all through ages is the inability of man to learn a good lesson from the past so as to avoid the pitfall of those who had gone before.
There is also the innate and unconscious desire of man to remain oblivious of the lessons of the past. He hopes and believes that the past can be ignored, that the present is what matters, that no mistakes of the present can be as serious and grievous as the mistakes of the past. As a result history tends to repeat itself. However, there are exceptions of nations and men who had learnt from history to avoid collective and individual disasters or a repetition of such disasters. I feel confident that Nigeria must join the group of these happy exceptions if we are to have political stability, economic progress, integrated development, social justice, contentment and be the epicenter of African solidarity. Since the end of the civil war, Nigeria has made considerable progress in all these areas.
By Olawale Ogunjobi a political analyst and public commentator.

Read full article here- www.centurynewsngr.com/2015/11/02/biafra-is-deadojukwu-was-buried-with-nigeria-flag/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by ibrams(m): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2015
God will bless you my brother..... God bless nigeria....... I raise my case...

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by madridguy(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by 989900: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2015
All na format! All these recent Biafraudians are just guy men.

Condolence to the none-the-wiser.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2015
. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by kingzizzy: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2015
Movic1:
Col Ojukwu the founder of biafra died as a Nigerian. He died in the UK after a long illness, aged 78. The Nigerian Army accorded him the highest military accolade and conducted a funeral parade for him in Abuja, his coffin was draped in a Nigerian flag during his burial.
His wife Bianca after his death was made the Nigerian Ambassador to Spain. His son, Mr Emeka Ojukwu, also contested in the 2015 Federal House of Representatives election in Nigeria.
The war had come and gone. The story of the war and what led to it has been told, is being told and will continue to be told.
What seems to me a human tragedy all through ages is the inability of man to learn a good lesson from the past so as to avoid the pitfall of those who had gone before.
There is also the innate and unconscious desire of man to remain oblivious of the lessons of the past. He hopes and believes that the past can be ignored, that the present is what matters, that no mistakes of the present can be as serious and grievous as the mistakes of the past. As a result history tends to repeat itself. However, there are exceptions of nations and men who had learnt from history to avoid collective and individual disasters or a repetition of such disasters. I feel confident that Nigeria must join the group of these happy exceptions if we are to have political stability, economic progress, integrated development, social justice, contentment and be the epicenter of African solidarity. Since the end of the civil war, Nigeria has made considerable progress in all these areas.

Read full article here- www.centurynewsngr.com/2015/11/02/biafra-is-deadojukwu-was-buried-with-nigeria-flag/

A lot of people seem to think that Biafra was about Ojukwu same some people think Biafra is about Nnamdi Kanu. Ojukwu was the leader of the movement but he was not the movement. Biafra is and always will be about the collective desire of a people to be free.

If the average Nigerian can understand the need for Nigeria to get its independence from Britain and even marks 1st of October to celebrate this, then I see no reason why that same Nigerian cannot understand my desire as an Igbo man to be independent of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by superstar3: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2015
It is only the jobless fractions of SE that came into existence after Nigerian civil war are chanting 'Biafra". Many of our SE people who have succeeded in their various field across the country will never support, especially those that survive the scourge of war.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by DaBullIT(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2015
It's easy to deny Ojukwu and Co isn't it? If it wasn't for them* one erdyyot won't be claiming he's Nnamdi and he's fighting for biafra

That dream died with Ojukwu, anybody else is an impostor and a scammer

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by yhemsy62(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2015
Biafrud ke

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by ricsman(m): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2015
ojukwu was the messenger. what about the message?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by omolami: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2015
Learn to leave the dead alone. This new demand for Biafra exclude the dead. Be sensible,
Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by porshuch: 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nnamdi is con man. I remembered when he told igbo's living in South Africa to contribute R1000 .
Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by porshuch: 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nnamdi bu onye ara.

I will say it again and again.

No reasonable Igbo man will come out and be shouting Biafra, only ndi ara ( mad people) does that.

Nnamdi is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Biafra Is Dead ,ojukwu Was Buried With Nigeria Flag by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Movic1:

Go and tell IPOB members that Ojukwu died with Biafra, and see if you would live to tell the story.

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Night Voting In Amassoma, Bayelsa State (pic)s / INVESTIGATION: How Ekweremadu, Other Nigerian Lawmakers ‘pocketed’ N8 Billion In / Reno Omokri Slams Christain Leaders For Not Condeming Shiite Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.