Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? (15624 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Best?

Donjazzy: 39% (70 votes)
Jesse jags: 5% (9 votes)
K-solo: 3% (6 votes)
Eldee: 1% (2 votes)
Cobhams: 25% (45 votes)
Terry G: 6% (12 votes)
ID cabasa: 16% (29 votes)
Other (mention in thread): 3% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by phantom(m): 8:31pm On May 14, 2009
@open sesame, You forgot bouqui's self titled album
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by atunbi1(m): 4:19am On May 15, 2009
Dont sleep on ID Cabasa, Don baba Jay and since everybody dey holla K solo. Producers plenty sha with great talent.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by eccentric(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2009
For those who are still thinking coby's got originality; go and listen to Norah Jones album,corrine bailey Rae, Sade's king of sorrows, and you wiil see the originals of some of the beats in Asa's album.Also roof top MC's Lagimo sounds like a song by Jeremiah Gyang and some rappers.Can't remember the name.The chorus was in hausa.What's more the track he produced for Dekunle fuji recently is just a prototype of Patty labell's miss marmalade.Infact there are so many others.Can't even count.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by coolkaboom(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2009
They are all brilliant in their own right. The abundance of rich talent is testament to the ingenuity of naija youth. We just keep smashing into new frontiers and improving the music scene. Naija music is set to rule Africa 4 ever and d world in good time.

While we are on the subject, what's your favourite naija - centric music tv station. Right now, I am so into soundcity on dstv. The production is solid and i'm proud they are representing.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by A40(m): 3:22pm On May 15, 2009
Hmmm i think i have a few candidates in no particular order. . T.Y Mix,Don Jazzy,Cobhams,I.D Cabasa

My best of all-time though is between OJB and Jo-Kenny those are still Naija's finest till tomorrow
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by xviconcept: 5:01pm On May 15, 2009
to me the best producer is i.d cabasa
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 15, 2009
STILL UNDERGROUND BUT THE SKILLS ARE TOP NOTCH.

DOUBLE SIX IS DA BEST PRODUCER IN MY BOOK.

EVEN THOUGH HE'S HIP HOP.

PHAT WALL MUZIK's IN HOUSE CREW IS DA DOPEST.

PEACE.

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by nature262(m): 2:48pm On May 16, 2009
@eccentric
jeremiah gyang someother rapper is M.I
i,ve also listen to sade's king of sorrow, but still thinks coby is good
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by timmy7(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2009
Hiphop award music producer of the year and the award goes to , ID cabasa. cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by gentle(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2009
Cabassa
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by moondust(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2009
Cobhams, Cabassa, and then others
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Krayola(m): 11:15pm On May 18, 2009
I love Asa'a album, top notch, but I listened to some of Cobham's hip-hop joints and i was unimpressed. sad

Don Jazzy has some good hip-hop beats, some of the tracks on Wande's album would make for some nice hip-hop joints. So-sick is also doin his thing as per hip hop, but cobhams ain't doing it for me on that front.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by fattony6(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2009
am very happy that we are calling different producers in Nigeria.its shows how our music industry is growing so fast.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by fattony6(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2009
keep d votes coming
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by fattony6(m): 9:13am On May 31, 2009
one unique thing about K-Solo is the hook and background vocals he gives on songs that he produced.pls listen to ay.com,bigiano,spydaman,natural and baby white,timaya, dee bee,keefee albums then the list of songs for unreleased albums is endless. lets give it to him but generally naija producers are on top of their game. dr frabz,id cabasa,don jazzy,ty mix,j-sleek,dekumzy,j-martins,waz beatz, puffy t,jesse jags,spankie,OJB,SARS,ETC, d list is endless. Naija Music 4 eva
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by cheta02(m): 3:55am On Jun 23, 2009
incase u dont know its Don jazzy Again,,,,,Don baba jay, a.k.a mr michael Enebeli Don jazzy jazzy nothing do u.FILE. FILE, FILE,
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by obinna5000(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
Cobhams
Don Jazzy
ID Cabasa
TY Mix
Ex-O
eLDee Da Don
Mr. Daz
Kraft
Jesse Jagz
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Abagworo(m): 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2009
Terry g is unique.he is nigerias timbaland.

timaya-God u are 2 much

A.Y.com-pass me ur luv

Ill bliss-aye po gan
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2009
Ever heard of Dr frabbs, He produced why me and other hit songs, like da greens e fi mi le.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Kommentato(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
I think SO SICK should be included in the pool. tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by SeXyBoNE: 3:46am On Oct 15, 2009
Tha Suspect
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by phemyspice: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2010
up Naija Music industry!!! grin

the truth is, what is the yard stick for judging who the best is??
is it by how many songs produced?, how many known songs or 'hit' songs??, how many dance tracks or club songs, etc.
there are a lot to be considered before running into conclusion.

agreed, we have producers who have done well and made themselves relevant in the last few years but the truth is, most Nigerian producers are not willing, or are scared to push beyond the limits probably because of the "market demand". personally, am tired of recycled beats, songs that sound alike, songs that are not properly arranged in terms of melody and harmonies,
i want to hear productions that push and eventually bring the best out of our artist, i want variety in our industry in terms of sound and style.

Tee-Y Mix, Cobhams, Dr frabz, are some of those producers that have that creative ability in paying attention to details wen it comes to music production. we have more of beat makers in the industry as opposed to producers.

i mean no disrespect to others, i honestly admire and happy for the commercial successes of other producers but deciding who the best is, goes beyond being popular. cool grin

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by orlean: 8:20am On Jan 08, 2010
as for me
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by orlean: 8:24am On Jan 08, 2010
As for me ,DON JAZZY is the best not only in Nigeria but the whole of africa.
As for K solo and terryg they are use to producing montonous beats.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by drebaba12(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2010
All of una no sabi music una just dey mention Don Jazzy, how many song has d guy produce in d industry? He only produce for Mo hits, Check out producers lyk
Cohbams
Id Cabasa
Decumzy
and not left out J.sleek check out 2face unstoppable albulm u tracks lyk. OUTSIDE. Ohh PAPA. JUNGLE DON MATURE, E.t.c.
Let move to sound sultan S.S.4. Cratiar. And others i go for
1 J.SLEEK
2 ID CABASA
3 COHBAMS
4 K.SOLO
5 SOSSICK
6 DECUMZY
7 OJB
8 K.SOLO
9 TERRY G
10 OZZY.
Dis is my vote for last yr. 2009. Hate it or love it.

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by deenode: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2010
if we dey talk make we dey talk sense. You should all know say terry g no be small boy for this game though he might be young. only if terry g no produce luv u sexy, if u dont mind, free madness, in case u never know etc that when i wont vote for him. Don jazzy is also a good producer but most are voting for him because he don tey for the game. In fact if terry g is not being nominated i will rather choose k-solo because the guy has realy done much for upcoming artist who are now better
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by kstonebrow(m): 11:07am On Jan 14, 2010
Na u do the beat , o Don jazzy, is the best producer in Nigeria now
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by jamalzox: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
download kilode on vector's facebook fanpage: vector tha viper.

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by Akagood: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2010
Oboy don jazzy is da ,
okay complete it.
Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by drebaba12(m): 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
Blind man Cohbams is better than Don Jazzy, wen did he started d game he meet many pple lyk OJB, K.SOLO, ID CABASA, OMOLOLU, MIC TUNES and other, don't judge a man with one thing if he is dat good star artist lyk 2face, 9ice, banky w, timaya and others should av go for him to produce their songs. He is just master of mo hits.

Re: Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? by chei: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2011
An easy win for the ""Don" Jazzy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) / The Song: The Song - Olorun Mimo/2ce Olorun Mimo Olorun Baba, Olorun Baba Olorun / Eagle FM Abuja On Fire (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.