Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

JSE Suspends All Forms Of Trading In MTN Shares And Stocks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / JSE Suspends All Forms Of Trading In MTN Shares And Stocks (642 Views)

Plz Help Me To Make Money I Need My Code In Mtn Which People Can Suscribe. / Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc / NSE Suspends Trading In Shares Of 17 Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JSE Suspends All Forms Of Trading In MTN Shares And Stocks by instinctg(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2015
JOHANNESBURG -- All forms of trading in MTN shares and affiliated stocks, has been halted on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).

MTN Group Executive for Corporate Affairs, Chris Maroleng, confirmed the news to eNCA but would not issue no further comments.

An investigation was launched by the JSE into MTN on Friday.

The probe will look into the time frame of MTN’s announcement of a $5.2 billion fine imposed by Nigerian regulators on its unit in that country.

It had allegedly failed to disconnect subscribers with unregistered and incomplete SIM cards there.

The head of the JSE's regulatory division, Andre Visser, said on Friday that the investigation would take some time.

Two weeks ago, MTN reported a slowdown in quarterly subscriber growth citing stiff competition and tougher regulation in Nigeria.

http://www.enca.com/money/jse-suspends-all-forms-trading-mtn-shares-and-stocks

1 Like

Re: JSE Suspends All Forms Of Trading In MTN Shares And Stocks by Aieboocaar(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2015
grin
Re: JSE Suspends All Forms Of Trading In MTN Shares And Stocks by Mynd44: 11:10am On Nov 02, 2015
MTN is a national asset of South Africa so they have to protect it from bleeding out completely
Re: JSE Suspends All Forms Of Trading In MTN Shares And Stocks by yimikaa: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2015
JSE- supends MTN stock trade

NCC- Fines MTN 1.4 trillion naira

But that's none of my business. cry

November 16 is the deadline oo. MTN

We will allow installmental payment grin to show we care cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Heart Breaking Last Words Of Steve Jobs / Limestone Is Also Imported? / How To Undo A Sent Email In Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.