Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

See What Buhari Should Importantly Do For Nigerians To Save His Name: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Buhari Should Importantly Do For Nigerians To Save His Name: (550 Views)

Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Buhari Should Importantly Do For Nigerians To Save His Name: by obynoses(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2015
The power sector is nothing to write home about especially in the eastern part of the country. The EEDC especially the one of Ogidi district is bent on reaping where it did not sow. I am taking a paradigm of one Unic Estate in Ogidi where people hardly see light. The opposite Estate to Unic estate (Diamond) is most times having light because they have prepaid metres installed in the buildings. This is because, with prepaid metres, the EEDC gain whenever light is constantly on. You don’t expect the metres to read a kobo when light is off and as such, one pays for only what he consumes. So, they give such estates or buildings steady lights. This is to say that if there is no light, the metre will stop counting and EEDC will be losing money. This is just analogous to the MTN recharge card and phone. If you load your phone with N1000 MTN airtime and there is no MTN network, there is no way you can make call. So, the N1000 will remain in your phone. This means that, the better the network, the higher the income of the service providers. That is why network providers make sure their masts are installed in various locations to bring network coverage to their users.
WHY DOES EEDC (NEW NEPA) ENJOY SHARING BILLS WITHOUT SOURCE?
Now, if you don’t have prepaid metres in your estates or buildings, it simply means that the EEDC staff in your district will become so rich through you. They will estimate your bills in the high side, most times, N5000 per flat in my own district on monthly basis. When you refuse to pay, they will come and cut your light and nobody talks. What a country? Why is the government keeping mum on this?
Ok.o! In my flat, I have not had light for about two weeks now but I pay 4,800 on monthly basis. Any day EEDC wants to restore the light, it will be in the mid night and after about 30 minutes, they will take it. Yet, I pay such inflated bill. If I had metre, it would have just read for same 30 minutes of the existence of light which would not be upto N20 as I don’t put-on electric appliances in the night, and then it will be loss for EEDC.
The worst part of it is that, the so called Managers are begging unsuspecting and susceptible Nigerians to come to their offices to pay bills. This is very wrong especially for those of us that have no metres. My dear, if you do that, your complete money does not get to the EEDC headquarters. They will just submit N1, 000 instead of N5, 000. I can prove this to you. Since you don’t have metre, ideally, no device calculates your monthly bills. And as such, the watts you consume per month are not well-accounted for. One of them called me to be paying N3, 000 to them in the office instead of going to pay about N5, 000 in the bank. And I told him that he was a criminal. And that I was trying to legally implicate them soon. Since that day, he has not surfaced in my compound again not to talk of my flat. How can you people be going round to siphon money from poor citizens? My decision this month of November is to be paying N2, 000 and if EEDC dares to court my light, we will do checks and balances in court. My landlord has already applauded that step in the right direction. I have also drafted a manual metric chat that i will use in marking the periods of light-in and light-out in my flat, so that I will use that as evidence against them at the right time.
Nigerians are now calling for a major review, and in some cases, a reversal of the privatization of the sector. When it was NEPA, it was better because Federal Government made sure that many building got hybrid metres including my father’s old house in the village. Now, the privatization has put the country into darkness unlike it is, in other countries. What a shame?
Adenikinju, who is the immediate past President of the Nigerian Association of Energy Economics, said, “I think the regulator should hold the new owners accountable to the performance contracts they signed with Nigerians. “We should see more actions on the part of the regulator. Consumers continue to complain about slow distribution of prepaid meters, receipts of crazy estimated bills, unstable electricity supply, and relatively high tariffs. The fixed charges paid by consumers are high and do not provide incentives for efficiency for the distribution companies.”
Buhari should critically look into these anomalies in the power sector. It is better he checks if he should re-privatize the power sector with corrupt-reduced individuals or re-nationalize the sector with strict policies, else, the country will never celebrate a week of light-in. From Otuu Obinna Ogbonnia (Political Analyst)
Re: See What Buhari Should Importantly Do For Nigerians To Save His Name: by ibksiv(m): 11:18am On Nov 02, 2015
oya buhari you hear. them say make you do..
Re: See What Buhari Should Importantly Do For Nigerians To Save His Name: by ajasbaba(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2015
All this grammar for buhari.

ok i will inform him.
Re: See What Buhari Should Importantly Do For Nigerians To Save His Name: by tansho(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2015
Eyav hia you, Mr ITK. But first, gerrarahia mheen.

(1) (Reply)

Delta Tribunal: Delta State Apc Rejects “evil Judgment” / Nigerian Senators Receive Text To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial / Anarchy Looming: Apc Is Running A Toddler's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.