Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71236 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
PDF:

Everyone misses! That's true! henry missed as DAYOKANU said, but the same Henry took arsenal way thru to the UCL final, UEFA cup final, FA cup finals against Barca, Galatasaray n Liverpool respectively. Drogba took chelsea way to the UCL semis against Barca and dropped them there too (not the referee). but where has Ade's goals taken us? is my point!!!
@PDF
You don't know DayoKanu.
when Ade was at Arsenal, he called him all sorts of unprintable names.
I could remember when Ade's paternity was called nto question many times, simply because he was named African footballer of the year.
I tried explaining why he was named the best player in Africa and I was attacked from different angles.
Some said he 'bought' the award
The 30 goals he scored then was like rubbish to them.
Now they are having a party over it shocked shocked shocked shocked
Now that he has left, like all of them do, Ade is a superstar, he is a legend, he's a master goalscorer.
Even juxtaposing him with the Great one, TH14.
I like the highlighted.
Titi's goals won us so many things.
what did Ade's goals win us?
Meanwhile, the two of them have moved on.
Let's talk about current players.
Did anyone see Carlos Vela's goal and assist in the finals of the Gold Cup yesterday?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2009
PDF:

There's a big deal abt 30 goals in a season indeed, but it shld be interestin to know how these goals came and the drought he had b4 he revitalised his scoring against derby county. 24 of the 30 were league goals. 6 outta d 24 was against derby country (home n away), the worst team in the history of the EPL, statistically. 18 left, right? 7 of the 18 were penalties. 11 left right? 1 outta d 11 was a handball against d Manure in Old Trashford. the remaining 10 are the numba of goals he deserved.

Everyone misses! That's true! henry missed as DAYOKANU said, but the same Henry took arsenal way thru to the UCL final, UEFA cup final, FA cup finals against Barca, Galatasaray n Liverpool respectively. Drogba took chelsea way to the UCL semis against Barca and dropped them there too (not the referee). but where has Ade's goals taken us? is my point!!!

dude scored 30 goals!!!
when he scored with his hands, didnt you celebrate it?

where Ades goal has taken you?
thts none of his bizniz?

Ask ur coach why the goals you scored couldnt win you trophies. The last time i checked, Arsenal do/did well on the attack; defensively, you guys are whack. Dont tell me you expected him to stop the balls from rollin into the net
He did the bit required of him, if others had done as much as he did (like ur defenders), u guys wouldnt be trophyless as at today

nuff said about his missed chances.

the reason why TH14 left is the reason why Ades goals couldnt take you nowhere
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
PDF's analysis is top draw - when you remove all the excesses a la Derby, penalties and all, it was a good performance but not extraordinary.

Not saying Ade is not a good player, maybe even very good - but the drawbacks are numerous and highly significant.

Let AW sign someone so these scumtwats, nazis and galactitwats (c) will have something else to talk about. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2009
@Debo

For some strange reasons me think AW will sign Huntiee.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ Folly

I won't be surprised either. . . . but I hear Milan is also on the trail.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Dclique(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
My Nairalanders, Pls, Vote for Dclique as assistant moderator in Education section, thanx
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2009
no campaigning on our sacred thread!  angry

Now on to more important things - results from tonight's pre-season game.

Szombathelyi 0 Arsenal 5

Eduardo, Bendtner both scored braces and RVP got a pair as well, though one was disallowed . . .my confidence in our forward line is increasing.  cool

Match Report (courtesy Arsenal.com)

Eduardo celebrated his first pre-season appearance of the 2009/10 campaign with a classy brace as Arsenal brushed aside Szombathelyi Haladas 6-0 in Hungary on Monday night.

A few days earlier, it had been rumoured that the Croatian striker was injured and would miss the first two months of the season. However he seemed extremely fit and well this evening, firing home a low shot in the 24th minute and a free-kick five minutes before the break.

Nicklas Bendtner also poached a pair before the interval. The great Dane nodded in a delightful cross from Armand Traore in the 17th minute and slotted home a simple second, the fourth for his team, just before half time.

The flood of goals dried up somewhat after the interval but Robin van Persie did add to Arsenal's tally, scoring with a penalty in the 66th minute. He also had a late header ruled out.

Haladas did have a chance for some consolation from the penalty spot seven minutes from time but Brazilian defender Barbosa slipped in his run-up and could only trickle the ball past the post.

It was a slightly comical end to a serious run-out for Arsenal and a very, very straightforward win.

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/171603/first-team/szombathelyi-h.-v-arsenal?tab=report
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by invisible2(m): 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
SZOMBATHELYI?

Where is this unknown team located, at the back of Djibuti? grin cheesy grin

And guys here are having an erection?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2009
invisible!:

SZOMBATHELYI?

Where is this unknown team located, at the back of Djibuti? grin cheesy grin

And guys here are having an erection?

Can you shut up? They came 3rd in the Hungarian championship and even entered Europa cup qualifying - a fitting opponent for our second pre-season game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eyonigger(m): 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2009
The young gunz camp is very boring and silent. No new important signings, but important offloads is what we see n hear. Could this be another entertaining "footie" with no trophy this season? I wonder!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2009
Boring and silent?

I don't think so. . . we don't need to sign players before we have convo on our thread. Apart from Adebayor, who are the 'important offloads'? Is Vermaelen not an 'important signing'?

I guess you're bored now that your 'big signing' has been made and you're sniffing for news elsewhere. . . .don't worry - we'll do our thing on the field of play and we WILL challenge for trophies this coming season. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tboy1(m): 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
Pre Season Friendly - Arsenal 5-0 Szombathelyi Haladas

[flash=390,280]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIdmqXaSjCI&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
What a disastrous spot kick by that twerp who took it for Zombie United SZOMBATHELYI grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2009
Is it me or does anyone else think that teams are playing too many pre-season matches these days??
This is the same thing I pointed out last season, Fab4 just finished the Confederations Cup . . . does he really need to go through the stress
Clubs like Arsenal have crowded schedules . . . why have our players drained before the season just for a couple of thousands.

Teams like Man Utd are even worse culprits . . . but, who cares??

Last season we were in both the Emirates Cup and Ajax Tournament (Each with two matches in the space of three days)with other friendlies even when we had the UCL Qualifiers coming up.
Let's just hope we don't start getting injuries too . . . Garry Neville comes to mind
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:19am On Jul 28, 2009
Cesc hasn't played any games and won't play till the Emirates cup. We are not playing in the Ajax tournament this year so we should have even fewer games.

Pre-season is very important both financially and for getting players in shape, I think the tours are a bit over the top to be honest, but I'm sure it won't be very long before Arsenal also join because of the need for cash.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 1:01am On Jul 28, 2009
sad
just had a terrible nightmare . sad dreamt Ade scored a hat trick against us in a champ league final at the Maracana.
Such a stupid dream , well Ade too bad that's all it was, a dream tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:14am On Jul 28, 2009
I thout that club you guys played was in South Africa. It sounded like a Zulu name
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2009
edoyad:

sad
just had a terrible nightmare . sad dreamt Ade scored a hat trick against us in a champ league final at the Maracana.
Such a stupid dream , well Ade too bad that's all it was, a dream tongue

Really shocked shocked that SOB never NOT try it, else there'll be tongue

P.S : i heard this morning Kolo Toure's signed for Man City, 120k per week, 15million pounds. . . Can any1 confirm this?? saw it on tribalfootball and on bbc sports!!

Man. . Man city dey see red o. . . doz guys wan become UCL champions overnight
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olabukola: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2009
Manchester City to go on shopping spree, starting with Kolo Toure. I think £14M is not bad. AW should get the money and sign the fulham dude.
http://goldkornmoney..com/ Be the first to know.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Olumide7(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2009
Wenger will be very stupid and daft to let Toure go. How can we lose two of our regular players to Man City?? Why don't they just buy arsenal?? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2009
Olumide7:

Wenger will be very stupid and daft to let Toure go. How can we lose two of your regular players to Man City?? Why don't they just buy arsenal?? undecided

If the regulars are adequately replaced, it shouldn't be a problem. Kolo's been a good servant but he's not indispensable. I'm sure the boss will only let him go if he believes we can cope without him. . . besides the players seem to be getting on well with Vermaelen who has been consistently paired with Djourou who in my opinion is capable of being Gallas' long term replacement. These are my thoughts anyway.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Olumide7(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2009
We complained about not having enough defenders towards the end of last season which was one of the reasons Wenger went for Vermaelen (IMO). Vermaelen was brought in to add to our defensive line not to replace certain defenders. Selling Kolo would mean we have done absolutely nothing to reinforce our back line.

At the moment it might seem as if we have enough defenders but come March, the story might be different. What would happen in an event of an injury to Verm, Gallas and Djourou at the same time which is very possible? Senderos and Silvestre? undecided

Moreover, selling two key players in one season is never healthy (even if they are replaced).Wenger said he would not sell any players so selling KT would be highly idiotic of him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2009
There's no news of Kolo's departure on BBC itself, it's a rumour from the daily mail. They sound pretty confident though, even saying Kolo's game yesterday was his last for us.

According to them he will be unveiled later this week, so we will see. . . .

If Wenger does this, it would be a very poor decision, EXCEPT a very good CB a la Hangeland is certain to come in. Without that we will be significantly weaker with Kolo's departure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2009
Olumide7:

We complained about not having enough defenders towards the end of last season which was one of the reasons Wenger went for Vermaelen (IMO). Vermaelen was brought in to add to our defensive line not to replace certain defenders. Selling Kolo would mean we have done absolutely nothing to reinforce our back line.

You forget that we had Senderos, Hoyte and Traore out on loan last season. However I agree that if KT were to leave we might need as debosky puts it
debosky:

a very good CB a la Hangeland is certain to come in. Without that we will be significantly weaker with Kolo's departure.

I must admit I'm a fan of Senderos despite all his shockers. . he just has to decide if he still wants to play for us as he does have offers from elsewhere. If he puts his heart to it, I'm sure he can fulfil the potential we have all heard of but never really fully seen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2009
Gunners should be breaking open the bubbly at this terrific news that the overrated Kolo Toure is leaving.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2009
Sparky knows the teams in contention for that fourth spot are Arsenal, Everton and Villa.
Not only are his targets and signings going to help his team, they (his signings) weaken the teams in contention for that top spot.
Barry, Lescott, Toure and Adebayor were/are key players in their clubs.

Although some will disagree.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2009
AW should keep kolo even if we sign vidic and john terry, like i said earlier, it won't hurt to have experience on the bench.

Ibime:

Gunners should be breaking open the bubbly at this terrific news that the overrated Kolo Toure is leaving.

Sharrap!
why didn't you pop the bubbly when they came for terry?  angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:37am On Jul 28, 2009
nateevs:

Sparky knows the teams in contention for that fourth spot are Arsenal, Everton and Villa.
Not only are his targets and signings going to help his team, they (his signings) weaken the teams in contention for that top spot.
Barry, Lescott, Toure and Adebayor were/are key players in their clubs.

Although some will disagree.
What a 'tidy' bit of analysis. By the same token, we could say Chelski is also in contention for the fourth spot, hence their targeting of Robinho and Terry both to help his team and weaken the teams in contention no?

My worry in losing Kolo is two-fold : his massive experience for the club and title winning pedigree will be lost, in addition to the high risk of ending up without a suitable replacement, essentially double jeopardy.

Let no one speak of Senderos as a 'replacement' for Kolo, that would be sacrilegious given what we've seen of them both. Wenger MUST BUY if Kolo leaves, we CANNOT replace from within because we are shockingly out of depth within if we lose a player of Kolo's calibre.

The only 'upside' as it were is that the ACN will only remove one 'first team' player in Song, that's if a DM hasn't come in that makes Song the deputy. . . meaning we could be in a position to suffer virtually no disruption during a crucial month for us.

That upside could be completely meaningless if, because of the departures, we are so significantly weakened that we are out of the races so early on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2009
debosky:

There's no news of Kolo's departure on BBC itself, it's a rumour from the daily mail. They sound pretty confident though, even saying Kolo's game yesterday was his last for us.

According to them he will be unveiled later this week, so we will see. . . .

If Wenger does this, it would be a very poor decision, EXCEPT a very good CB a la Hangeland is certain to come in. Without that we will be significantly weaker with Kolo's departure.
If Wenger sells Kolo, I think it will be a mistake. Like I tried to argue the other night, there are some players you should do your best to keep even till they retire if possible. Titi, Bergkamp, and Kolo fall into this category. It sends the wrong message to the other players. That's why ManU will do everything to keep Giggs and Scholes even when they are off form, Chelsea just showed it with JT, etc. Even if Kolo were to leave, let it come from him and not the club ''needing'' the money.

We may get a replacement, maybe someone even better but selling two of our top players to the same cluub playing in the same league with you is daft!

However, I still want to see this as mere rumour but again, Ade's departure was also mere rumour till we saw him in the sky blue colours of City.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2009
Like I said some days ago, no one really knows the financial situation at Arsenal. And its not only about sign on fees, wages are also a major part. I for one do not think if Kolo is sold, Arsene will replace with another world class CB. I think he's already made the replacement in Vermallien!

I may be wrong but I remember two seasons ago when Arsene played Kolo at right back in some matches even despite the fact that we had a shortage at CB and Eboue was fit, I told some of my friends that Arsene had made up his mind to sell Kolo. When he eventually brought in Silvestre and Vermallien last season and then this season, I was sure one of Gallas or Toure would leave. I still hope Im wrong cos I will be real disappointed and infact if possible, carry placards to Ashburton.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eyonigger(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2009
Is kolo not an important offload debola? What a pitiful situation this young gunz are into.
I will pray for yall. Shame is not yall portion this season.(AMEN)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.