Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,720 members, 7,865,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71240 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2009
@proudly9ja,
All I am saying is that it's the 29th of July.
Window closes on 31st August.
A flurry of activities in the market will take place before then.
Your analysis of doom and gloom will look premature if AW adds 2/3 players that he has probably identified.
Let's wait till then.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
Cristalz:

. . .And so the vicious cycle of disappointment continues. . .Optimism at the beginning, cries of ''What is he doing?'' at the middle, shouts of ''Sack him!'' at the end. grin

Must suck being a gaynner. Heck, season's barely begun and already the cries of ''What is he doing?'' abound. grin
Must suck for you to always be on the Arsenal Thread. The Thread says:Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

I dont see any room for haters like you who spend more time rebuffing other clubs than they do supporting their own clubs.

The English National team has not won a Major football trophy in over four decades and did not qualify for the last Euros yet their fans still come out to support them.Things are not great @ Arsenal now with Players leaving for money and Lack of Trophies but it could be much worse if we played boring football and never qualify for the champions League and like wande coal says S'Ope Ti e which means Thank GOD for your own.

And for the record,Life as a Gunner is great and I am a loyal Gunner for life and for the record if Arsenal does not win any trophy at the end of this season, I will double the Arsenal Merchandise i already have and continue even stronger to support the club i adore and love.
In Arsene I Trust and that can only mean one thing Gunner for Life Baby kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2009
vicade:

Must suck for you to always be on the Arsenal Thread. The Thread says:Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

I dont see any room for haters like you who spend more time rebuffing other clubs than they do supporting their own clubs.

The English National team has not won a Major football trophy in over four decades and did not qualify for the last Euros yet their fans still come out to support them.Things are not great @ Arsenal now with Players leaving for money and Lack of Trophies but it could be much worse if we played boring football and never qualify for the champions League and like wande coal says S'Ope Ti e which means Thank GOD for your own.

And for the record,Life as a Gunner is great and I am a loyal Gunner for life and for the record if Arsenal does not win any trophy at the end of this season, I will double the Arsenal Merchandise i already have and continue even stronger to support the club i adore and love.
In Arsene I Trust and that can only mean one thing Gunner for Life Baby kiss

GBAM!!!!! grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2009
@Vicade
I typed 2 lines.  .  .in response you typed 8 lines filled with defensive statements. shocked
You just proved my point.  .  .it must suck being a gaynner. grin grin Pele.

@Brash
Be ''gbam-ing'' there.  .  .you practically live and die on the Manc thread. Y'all vermins come to vomit on our thread all the time, so you shouldn't mind if we come to pee on your thread regularly too.
Wait till the season starts.  .  .my frequency here will increase, as usual. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2009
Kolo is gone. . . adieu great warrior. We will miss you without a doubt.  sad

Now he's gone, the focus returns to Arsenal Football Club. I await Wenger's next comments, or more aptly what he doesn't say to see whether he actually intends to buy or not.

This will be a defining season for Wenger's policies and his attitude towards purchases/sales. Either he comes clean with fans and tells us how much is a constraint and how much is his own decision to sell/buy or he will get it in the neck if we fail this coming season.

It's going to be an epic season either way and I can't wait!  cool

Regardless of what happens, I remain and will always be. . . .

Gunner 1965  cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2009
HNIC:

@proudly9ja,
All I am saying is that it's the 29th of July.
Window closes on 31st August.
A flurry of activities in the market will take place before then.
Your analysis of doom and gloom will look premature if AW adds 2/3 players that he has probably identified.
Let's wait till then.

Well I hope so.  I really do. Our match today against Hanover 96 especially the second half shows we aint ready yet. To think that we play Everton first!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

Now he's gone, the focus returns to Arsenal Football Club. I await Wenger's next comments, or more aptly what he doesn't say to see whether he actually intends to buy or not.

This will be a defining season for Wenger's policies and his attitude towards purchases/sales. Either he comes clean with fans and tells us how much is a constraint and how much is his own decision to sell/buy or he will get it in the neck if we fail this coming season.

Gunner 1965  cool tongue

Im glad you now see what Ive been saying that there are some things about the finances that we the fans know nothing about.

I just pity Wenger cos its him the fans see. He is a great coach but must be constrained one way or the other. The board should be blamed if they are not providing enough funds but Arsene has done well so far with what he's got. I read somewhere that Ade's money was actually used to fund Verm and Ashavin's trade to Arsenal. Fergie was right afterall. If that is true, then we have only the 16million from Toure's sale to spend. With that in mind, I think I now understand why Toure was sold - to provide money for whoever is coming in!

As an aside, Ian Wright has been talking. He says Viera is coming in on a pay as you play contract with Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2009
rasputinn:

Is it true that Arsene claimed that he had "too many" defenders?,who and where are they?As I recall,the minute Clichy was injured we had to cope with the costly inexperience of Gibbs,was Wenger referring to Gibbs and his likes
nope, he said we have 7 CENTRAL defenders. Senderous, Gallas, Toure(now gone), Djorou, Silvestre, Vermallien and Song.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

Gunner 1965
 cool tongue

Of course everyone knows you'll always be Gunner 1914, but the question is, will you still be Arsene 09??
AW's taking some risky steps here . . . let's just hope they work, he should remember that football fans forget quickly.

In Arsenal I Trust grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:36pm On Jul 29, 2009
eldee:

Of course everyone knows you'll always be Gunner 1914, but the question is, will you still be Arsene 09??
AW's taking some risky steps here . . . let's just hope they work, he should remember that football fans forget quickly.

My loyalty is first of all to Arsenal FC before to any individual. These sales could be the best move for the club, as long as the funds are used to strengthen the team appropriately. That is the crucial bit. If Arsenal fail this season and it's down to poor players/small squad, obviously Wenger will be first on the firing line and I will not hesitate to shoot too if he doesn't own up as to where the error is from - him or financial troubles.

That said, there's a month at least left in the window. . . .I remember Eduardo popping up a few weeks after Henry's sale in 2008 so hopefully Wenger is unearthing someone somewhere as we speak, or is planning for a late raid on the transfer market.

In Arsenal I Trust grin grin

You and me both mate.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 11:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
Cristalz:

@Brash
Be ''gbam-ing'' there.  .  .you practically live and die on the Manc thread. Y'all vermins come to vomit on our thread all the time, so you shouldn't mind if we come to pee on your thread regularly too.
Wait till the season starts.  .  .my frequency here will increase, as usual. grin

Pee but be careful the way you pee up here. . . . .or else you wont be opportuned to pee again! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

My loyalty is first of all to Arsenal FC before to any individual. These sales could be the best move for the club, as long as the funds are used to strengthen the team appropriately. That is the crucial bit. If Arsenal fail this season and it's down to poor players/small squad, obviously Wenger will be first on the firing line and I will not hesitate to shoot too if he doesn't own up as to where the error is from - him or financial troubles.

That said, there's a month at least left in the window. . . .I remember Eduardo popping up a few weeks after Henry's sale in 2008 so hopefully Wenger is unearthing someone somewhere as we speak, or is planning for a late raid on the transfer market.
It depends on what you define as failure . . . I define failure as losing out on either the tile challenge or going trophyless . . . or both.
To you, ending up as runners-up is an improvement. To me anything less than a trophy is failure.

If selling the whole team will give us the EPL, so be it . . . all I know is that he should offer his resignation letter if he fails.
I've given up on trying to follow AW's transfers, I've spent too many years working as Wenger's talent scout. cheesy cheesy

debosky:

You and me both mate.  grin
I swear you used to be an 'Arsene Knows' fan grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2009
eldee:

It depends on what you define as failure . . . I define failure as losing out on either the tile challenge or going trophyless . . . or both.
To you, ending up as runners-up is an improvement. To me anything less than a trophy is failure.
There is no God-given right to win, neither is winning guaranteed, so I'd be hesitant to say winning a trophy would be my benchmark at the moment. . . targets will be set on August 15th. grin

If selling the whole team will give us the EPL, so be it . . . all I know is that he should offer his resignation letter if he fails.
I've given up on trying to follow AW's transfers, I've spent too many years working as Wenger's talent scout. cheesy cheesy
I swear you used to be an 'Arsene Knows' fan grin grin

I am an Arsene fan. . . .but only to an extent. If Arsene becomes bad for Arsenal FC then I draw the line.

For me, the key thing will be whether he decides to spend or is curtailed from spending by financial difficulties.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 1:25am On Jul 30, 2009
Does anyone have an estimate of how much Arsenal would lose if they miss out on the CL and play in the europa league?
cos if they can make up the margin by selling players, then the move might be the best from the financial side.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Vieira(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2009
I Hope we can still afford a DM and the Fulham defender.

fingers crossed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 7:58am On Jul 30, 2009
ARSENE WENGER wants Patrick Vieira to make a shock return to Arsenal.
Vieira, 33, who spent nine years at the club before being sold to Juventus for Ј13.7million in 2005, is considering an identical offer from Gunners boss Wenger to the one made by bitter North London rivals Spurs.

Both clubs are ready to give the Inter Milan midfielder a one-year contract with big bonuses.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2562413/Arsene-Wenger-wants-to-sign-Patrick-Vieira.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2009
FBS:

Vieira, 33, who spent nine years at the club before being sold to Juventus for Ј13.7million in 2005, is considering an identical offer from Gunners boss Wenger to the one made by bitter North London rivals Spurs.
Both clubs are ready to give the Inter Milan midfielder a one-year contract with big bonuses.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2562413/Arsene-Wenger-wants-to-sign-Patrick-Vieira.html

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2009
Come to think of it, the rumoured VIEIRA deal could be a cracker. . . . tongue

One year contract could give our young defensive midfielders another one year to step up thier game and mature grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 8:57am On Jul 30, 2009
Vieira? No seriously that would be a joke!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2009
FBS:

Awwwww has it gotten to this level? What happens to young Gaynners? Somebody is going insane here. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2009
Vieira coming back is a big joke. Don't get me wrong, I love Paddy V, but he is way off his best and has been fighting injury for 2 years now - if this is someone's idea of a practical joke then it better be stopped. angry

Vieira is well past it - I don't think we should be a rehabilitation ground for players, especially if that serves as a smokescreen to cover the fact that we have not made the needed signings. This would be more outrageous given the fact that we've earned ~£40m from selling Kolo and Ade.

Younger players can learn from him, but if that's what we need, let him become a part-time coach. undecided

In other news, I heard Eboue threw his shirt and boots to the fans after the Hannover games and 'said goodbye'. undecided

I don't want Eboue to leave either. . . .Wenger is making some BIG gambles this season, he better have something under his sleeves or he will get brutally savaged if we fall short again. The booing of the previous season will be child's play if things go on like this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2009
debosky:

Vieira coming back is a big joke. Don't get me wrong, I love Paddy V, but he is way off his best and has been fighting injury for 2 years now - if this is someone's idea of a practical joke then it better be stopped. angry
Vieira is well past it - I don't think we should be a rehabilitation ground for players, especially if that serves as a smokescreen to cover the fact that we have not made the needed signings. This would be more outrageous given the fact that we've earned ~£40m from selling Kolo and Ade.
Younger players can learn from him, but if that's what we need, let him become a part-time coach. undecided
In other news, I heard Eboue threw his shirt and boots to the fans after the Hannover games and 'said goodbye'. undecided
I don't want Eboue to leave either. . . .Wenger is making some BIG gambles this season, he better have something under his sleeves or he will get brutally savaged if we fall short again. The booing of the previous season will be child's play if things go on like this.
Don't question AW ingenuity otherwise they will classify you are an arm chair fan. Believe in him and always quote "Arsene Knows" when somebody tries to question him.

Eboue is not leaving you, hez just trying to see if he can get a wage increase, hiz fellow awilo dancers joined mega money club and are earning his(Eboue) annual salary in one month. tongue

Next will be Ray Parlour or Ian Wright. M Schumacher just came out from retirement to help his F1 team, why can Ian and Ray do the same for arsenal. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2009
AW must have or know something that most of the fans don't.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 9:58am On Jul 30, 2009
FBS:

AW must have or know something most of the fans don't.
Like? U got any idea?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 10:01am On Jul 30, 2009
having "Sir Patrick" back as a player coach isn't a bad idea, the old war horse still has a trick or two up his sleeves.

presido1:

Next will be Ray Parlour or Ian Wright. M Schumacher just came out from retirement to help his F1 team, why can Ian and Ray do the same for arsenal. grin grin

maybe we'll sign your uncles too  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2009
FBS:

AW must have or know something that most of the fans don't.

This is clearly the case. What exactly it is? No one knows. There are a number of possibilities.

1. Arsenal is in very bad financial straits and cannot afford to keep a large wage bill nor turn down offers like those for Ade & Kolo. We need the cash to stay afloat and even if that means risking CL qualification, we must try with the minimum amount of resources

2. Wenger is silently bidding for 1/2 players who he is confident will more than compensate for the losses and fire us upwards. He also realises that the players he is sold are greatly flawed and the cash is far more valuable to us. . . instead of selling too late like TH14 and Vieira arguably were.

3. Wenger is so far lost in his statistics and stubborn insistence on his 'vision' that he thinks he can win/challenge even with what he has and believes he doesn't need any more players.

Of those three options, option 3 is the worst because we will be in for a painful season if we have an unrealistic or delusional man at the helm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2009
debosky:

Vieira coming back is a big joke. Don't get me wrong, I love Paddy V, but he is way off his best and has been fighting injury for 2 years now - if this is someone's idea of a practical joke then it better be stopped.  angry

Younger players can learn from him, but if that's what we need, let him become a part-time coach.  undecided

In other news, I heard Eboue threw his shirt and boots to the fans after the Hannover games and 'said goodbye'.  undecided

It seems someone at Ashburton actually heard my cry! PV coming back will be a biiiig booooost! And I am not talking in terms of what he will do himself on the pitch, Im looking at it from the inspiration people like Cesc, Song, Denilson will get from him! To be, the biggest mistake we made was selling him in the first place. Like I said some days ago, the current guys, apart from Cesc had noone to learn from. Manchester United has changed their team same way we have changed ours, but they have kept Giggs and Scholes and Neville. Even considering Neville hardly ever plays! If it was Arsenal, we would have sold Neville! But these guys are there to inspire the young uns. If Paddy was there last season, even if he doesn't play, we would never have lost 4-1 to United! or even drawn 4-4 with Spurs. We need such a player to knock those boys (RVP included) who seem to give up hope when ever they are trailing! Unfortunately, Wenger does not have the kind of attitude a Fergie or Mourinho has. So he needs someone to do that for him! Paddy to the rescue!

Also, I do not think Wenger should be blamed if we go trophyless again. To be honest with you, Ild rather have the whole board sacked than have Wenger sacked. No other coach can do the magic Wenger has done in the past years, working on a shoe string budget and yet delivering top four finishes every season! Imagine if Wenger was given the money he requires season in season out, we'l be the best club in the world right now!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Olumide7(m): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2009
yeah Paddy coming back would be great, Yes! he might not be the same Paddy that was part of the invincibles but he surely has a lot to offer in terms of experience and I think his contributions in the dressing room would also be vital!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2009
Arsene's Reaction. . .

[b]Arsène Wenger knows he must spend his money “in the right way” if he decides to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.

The Arsenal manager has funds available and the sale of two major players would suggest he needs to go into the market.

However the Frenchman is not so sure. After the 1-0 win at Hannover he cautioned against knee-jerk reactions and revealed he was not close to bringing in a new name.

“I feel we are strong enough but if we can add then we will do it,” he said.

“In England people think that all the problems can be sorted out by buying players.

“I believe the biggest target is to work hard in training, improve what we can improve and have confidence in the players that we have.

“If we need to add then we will. We have money available so for us it is now [important] to spend it in the right way when we do it or if we do it.

“But unfortunately I cannot tell you that we are close to signing anyone at the moment.”

The official confirmation of any new addition will appear first on Arsenal.com.[/b]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2009
Going by the evidence from the friendly against France, we know that at the present moment, Olofinajana > Vieira.

Big joke!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2009
I don't even know what to say about the Paddy rumour.
all i know is that he would be better than Silvestre
and would slap the taste out of the mouth of any misfiring player! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by invisible2(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2009
Is there any price for being a confused coach? Wenger will win it by miles!

Arsenal will not finish 4th this season, they will finish 9th but the world will not end, take hearts boys, such is life.

The guys on this thread are now talking slowly, where is that brashness in Arsenal fans, where is the optimism, the cockedness, the irritating pig-headedness of the '49 match unbeaten run days' ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.