Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? (1513 Views)

Dont See 2nd Hand Toyotas For Sale / 2nd Hand Audi Car For Sale :300k Price Negotiable / Mercedes C Class 2nd Hand And Direct Belgium For Sale In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by pak: 8:01pm On May 10, 2009
I've been going thru the n/land auto section for sometime now

and have noticed that some used car models are very hard to come by. (the only ones I can think of now are kia, hyundai but i guess there are lot more )

I wonder what the reasons are. Does it have to do with the quality of these

brands and invariably its second hand value

or is it just that they are quite

new 'round here and maybe later we'l get to see more 2nd hands' like it is with

Yaris.

I'll love if the experts on this section can fill me in with their opinions.

And secondly, this is sort of a poser.

If you have 'bout 1.5m or less will you rather go for a new 'small' car or

a used 'big boy' car. pls give answers with pros and cons of both options

thanks buddies
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by 190: 11:52pm On May 10, 2009
@post\
and who said u can get 2nd hand yaris around
nowadays
berra watch ur mouth
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by 190: 11:55pm On May 10, 2009
also wit 1.5m
i wud go for a new small car
therez notin like tear rubber
new car
but wait a minute man
theres NO NEW CAR ever u can ever get for 1.5m
i hav budgeted 1.7m for an auto yaris
i didnt see!
so kip dreamin
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by Midas02(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2009
There are tons and tons of used Hyundais and Kia cars here in the US. Most car importers try to import and sell what they deem is in demand and that is largely Japanese vehicles. Many naijas will run their mouth about what they do not understand and tell you that KIAs are not so good and cheap and blah, blah, blah, 

Well,,  dealers simply don't import it cos buyers force the price down and wipe out their profit.  KIA tends to take the cheapest, least loaded models to Naija and consequently Naijas think all KIAs are like that and often do not want to pay good price for the used ones! In the US, Hyundais and KIAs are mostly fully loaded and have proven their durability and reliability over time. As a matter of fact, the used value of a Hyundai car continues to better many japanese makes except Honda and Toyota here.

Would you pay N1.4 million for the 2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS featured below:

Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by 190: 3:58pm On May 11, 2009
@midas
hell no i aint payin 1.4m for that crap sonata
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by Midas02(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2009
See?? There you go!!!!

Even though his (@190) response is misguided. He loves Yaris but the Yaris is one of the cheaper and lower quality Toyotas. To a naija man, give him a name he recognises and he thinks he has the best even if the actual quality is crap. The concept is called 'Product brand Imaging' - it always works with naijas. I hope this answers your question @PAK?

THe Hyundai Sonata shown above is a superior car to the Toyota Yaris. It is a superior car all round, in functional design, in performance, in outright dimensions and utility value. It is also a very, very durable product - one that has contribute to placing Hyundai in the top ten 'JD power reliability ratings' in the last several years! But then again you don't know that,, do you??

FYI, the Sonata is also a lot more expensive that the Yaris when new. but I see you trying to pay 1.5Million for a Yaris! grin
It is all a question of taste though.
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by ElRazur: 4:30pm On May 11, 2009
^^ why is it crap?

I am an Hyundai and Kia fan. I agree they have proved themselves and have nothing to prove anymore. Benz and Bmw should learn from them and hang their heads in shame. The hyundai in the Uk comes with 5years warrany or 100k miles on their cars, while Kia rolls out a 7years warranty on some of their models. This manufacturer is so confident that let you have such a long warranty. That is good enough in my book. smiley
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by Aks(m): 4:37pm On May 11, 2009
i have a Black HYUNDAI SONATA GLS 2005, leather seat, alloy, well loaded interior, extra CLEAN full option directly from BALTIMORE port USA to arrive Naija latest by mid June. The price is N1.6M. Prospective buyer can show interest through this medium.
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by Aks(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2009
LEST I 4GET, Mileage is 31,000
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by pak: 5:43pm On May 11, 2009
Chei!!! I sent a post but sort of didn't go thru

anyway @ 190
I can see you are a great guy

but its like you have a problem with concentration (How u take pass for school sef ? ? ? aah I forget, 'girraffing' )

The point I made earlier bout Yaris is that for now we dont see much of its 2nd hand's now due to its relative novelty but

with time we will get to see more used Yaris. And the poser I am making is , will other makes like

KIA, Hyundai, Logan start to have more second hand's available as time goes on or is it that their quality (or lack of it )

ensures that the second hand value is nothing to write home about.
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by pak: 5:47pm On May 11, 2009
and BTW@1990

is that ur daughter, she's super cute

that's great. I hope I'l one day get to have a girl like that.
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by pak: 6:04pm On May 11, 2009
from 1990

also wit 1.5m
i wud go for a new small car
therez notin like tear rubber
new car
but wait a minute man
theres NO NEW CAR ever u can ever get for 1.5m
i hav budgeted 1.7m for an auto yaris
i didnt see!
so kip dreamin

well 1990,

I wonder if you are in naija at all ?

do you know i can give you at least ten models of cars below 1.5

1. Picanto
2. Rio
3. 206
4. tata nano
5. toyota Avanza

and several indian and chinese makes
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by pak: 6:28pm On May 11, 2009
@ midas

we need more info bout ur offer

@aks

pics pls

@both

can either fly for 1.2
Re: Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? by Aks(m): 1:43pm On May 13, 2009
No sir, it can't fly @ that price. i'll upload the pic soon

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Primera 1996 Saloon For Sale @ 620k (negotiable) / Used 2003 Kia Sedona Ex For Sale N1.2m / Toyota 4 Runner 2004, Infinity Qx4 2001 And Murano For Sale - New Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.