Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors (1113 Views)

"Pay Your Workers", Buhari Tells Governors / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by melvinjames: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2015

The Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has called on state governors to establish children’s parliament with a view to build the capacity of the youths in leadership position.

She made the call on Monday in Abuja at the inauguration of the 4th Assembly of FCT Children Parliament.

Buhari, who was represented at the occasion by Mrs Alayingi Sylva, wife of the former governor of Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva, stressed the need to establish children’s parliament in the 36 states.

She said that the parliament would provide a platform for the children to participate in national development and prepare them as future leaders.

She added that it would give a voice to the youths and inculcate in children the value of dialogue and collective participation that would equip them for leadership roles.

She congratulated the executive members of FCT children’s parliament for their victory at the April elections in which more than 90 schools in the six area council participated.

“This is a clear demonstration that our children have embraced the path to democracy which inevitably has been a course for governance.

“No doubt, your political consciousness will be raised and eventually offer you the opportunity of being valued members of our society and future leaders of this great country.

“I appeal to you to respect the rule and process of operating children’s parliament through which you can realise your dream,” she said.

Speaking earlier, the Permanent Secretary, FCT administration, Mr John Chukwu, said the parliament was aimed at providing the children with a forum to participate in affairs affecting their country.

Represented by Mallam Salisu Kallamu, the Director, Administration and Finance in the FCT, Chukwu described the children’s parliament as training ground for prospective political leaders.

He said that the parliament came into existence in Nigeria with the passage of the Child Rights Act 2003, which was a product of United Nations Convention on the Rights of the child.

In his remarks Mr Oralgrandeur Nwaka, Speaker, FCT Children’s Parliament, pledged to discharge his duties in accordance with the rules of law
http://linkis.com/www.vanguardngr.com/9VzE0

cc:lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by danemenike: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by PaulinePaul(f): 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
even the wife knows that the future of Nigeria lies in the hands of the children (youth)

STILL WATCHING
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by Tolexander: 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
This call is needless!

Nigerian children all have their schools where they can learn leadership skills and mentality and not needless children parliament where the children of the common men won't have the chance to be members.
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by omenka(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Tolexander:
This call is needless!

Nigerian children all have their schools where they can learn leadership skills and mentality and not needless children parliament where the children of the common men won't have the chance to be members.
Only someone with an acute inferiority complex would think this way.

Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by oduastates: 3:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Mtseeew
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by egift(m): 4:33am On Nov 03, 2015
Tolexander:
This call is needless!

Just to make sure you disagree with Aisha, you could not even support a platform that will help thousands of Children across the country in participating practical leadership engagements.
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by Tolexander: 8:40am On Nov 03, 2015
egift:

Just to make sure you disagree with Aisha, you could not even support a platform that will help thousands of Children across the country in participating practical leadership engagements.
to start with, must I always agree with someone?

The Children parliament in the 36 states to discuss issues relating to and affecting Nigerian children, what will be the criteria to bring the parliamentarians together, election throughout the states or appointment where nepotism and cronyism are the norm in the Nation?

Definitely, election isn't possible but selection. What issue do u expect to be discussed by children that have been exorcized from their immediate environment by vertical bricks at home, either in boarding school or schooling abroad and probably day pupils with pupil of similar exposure on foreign programs by media and naive of what the street is saying?

Instead of children parliament in each of the 36states, why can't it be introduced in the various primary and secondary schools as voluntary club if one of the aims is to learn the act of leadership?
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by Tolexander: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2015
omenka:
Only someone with an acute inferiority complex would think this way.

Tufiakwa!
you are a fool, a very enormous one!

So far one receives peanut from party(APC) isn't a reason to disconnect the phalanges of both upper limbs from the brain to type nonsense!

Eff off!
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by egift(m): 11:41am On Nov 03, 2015
Tolexander:

The Children parliament in the 36 states to discuss issues relating to and affecting Nigerian children, what will be the criteria to bring the parliamentarians together, election throughout the states or appointment where nepotism and cronyism are the norm in the Nation?

Definitely, election isn't possible but selection. What issue do u expect to be discussed by children that have been exorcized from their immediate environment by vertical bricks at home, either in boarding school or schooling abroad and probably day pupils with pupil of similar exposure on foreign programs by media and naive of what the street is saying?

Instead of children parliament in each of the 36states, why can't it be introduced in the various primary and secondary schools as voluntary club if one of the aims is to learn the act of leadership?

When it comes to giving the Children a vibrant platform to have their voice and inculcate leadership skills, you can continue looking at it as a half empty cup. But the rest of us will keep seeing it as a half filled efforts that needs more work and fine-tuning to perfection.

The choice is yours.
Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by OlujobaSamuel: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
Tolexander:

do you read or just jump to conclusion? check well, there was a place where 90schools was stated, participants were elected amidst them.

1 Like

Re: Establish Children’s Parliament, Aisha Buhari Tells Governors by mondaynelson20: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2015
My Name is Moral,i live in California,i have a big testimony to say to the people who have Womb problem, I have been married for four years without any child, nor pregnancy and so i became very sad and lost hope in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant and this really make life so hard for me and this made my husband to turn away from me.My sister in-law told me about DR EZIKE from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry and that everything we soon be okay.He cast a spell and it was a miracle to my greatest surprise three days later my husband came back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,and Dr.EZIKE he gave me just water from his temple to drink and he also gave my husband some thing to rub before we made love.just few months later i got pregnant and gave birth to twins (boy and girl) we are now a happy family.i will advice you to email him now,ID:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant or need your ex back please contact him for help via email:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life.his mobile number on what/apps:+2348167554235.....

(1) (Reply)

Photo:checkout Olusegun Obasanjo Cycles Around His Farm After Leaving Office I / Ngige Reveals Youths Eligible To Receive N5000 Stipend / Buhari Must Allow Judiciary To Do Its Job, Stop Political Persecution – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.