Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:21 AM

Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? (949 Views)

Tinubu Apc Leader Can't Finish Me----- Governor Ibikunle Amosun / Video:A Ride Around Ogun State Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Multi Billion Naira Mansion / Olamide Baddoo With President Muhammad Buhari And Gov Ibikunle Amosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Adextaiwo48(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
The state of things in most part of Ogun state got me thinking if there is really a acting governor in the state. Especially the traumatic state of the major roads in most part of the state.
The state governor during the wee hour of his first tenure,having realised the political power vested in the people through election, came around especially in the sango - ijoko environment, and started demolition of buildings and structures as a step towards the construction of roads in the environment.
People were happy with the believe that the government atlast remember them. The construction went on for about 3months with the governor coming around to supervise this project almost every weekend. All of a sudden the project came to a halt, the manageable road with a bit of tarr had been graded to red mud,the little gutters that allow minimal flow of water had been blocked and the newly constructed canals are as good as useless.
The governor promised that the project would come back to live after election and that can only be possible if he is voted in. Now election had come and gone, Senator Ibikunle Amosun had been voted in once again and it's already more than 6months yet the construction of major roads in the state hadn't been continued. Examples of such roads are Ijoko otta road that links Sango to Agbado, the Atan road, the Sango otta road and many more.
The state of these roads can make even the people in the most rural area of the world thank their stars and call themselves lucky as a village farm road is better. People dare not drive their cars especially in the rainy season as people do park their cars and board public transport because of the damages the road can cause. Imagine a road where water flow inside a space bus like 'Sienna', then what is the fate of lower cars, you can never ply the road twice in a day without going to see a doctor on your arrival as you'll perform various type of dances in the 'sardine tins' that serve as buses.
I on behalf of the entire populace of Ogun state especially the aforementioned area implore the governor of the state to do something to the deteriorating state of the roads in these areas as these are major roads which people plies everyday as the state of these roads are causing sufferings and even increase in standard of living of people living in these areas as drivers charges double to convey people on these roads and these excesses are being made on goods sold.

Below are the pictures of some of the roads

Cc @lalasticalala, @barcanista

Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Babalegba(m): 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Do Nigerians even think smh. Seriously do you even read at all about the present state of the world and the Nigerian economy. Why don't you print some money and give it to Amosun to complete the construction. The economy has nosedived due to depressed oil prices so where exactly is the money going to come from. Do try to learn joined up thinking.
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by daridex(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Babalegba:
Do Nigerians even think smh. Seriously do you even read at all about the present state of the world and the Nigerian economy. Why don't you print some money and give it to Amosun to complete the construction. The economy has nosedived due to depressed oil prices so where exactly is the money going to come from. Do try to learn joined up thinking.
You nailed it hard bro......tell them
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Like seriously?. Are these two guys above me serious at all?.
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by basilo101: 1:48am On Nov 03, 2015
How can there be bad road in SW, its nt posible, it only hapn in SE
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Adextaiwo48(m): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
Babalegba:

do you even have brain atall?... why are you myopic and lazy in your thinking... what happened to d allocations, and the budget the government made on the road previously... if you live in the mentioned area you won't reason so shallow.

1 Like

Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Adextaiwo48(m): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
Adextaiwo48:
The state of things in most part of Ogun state got me thinking if there is really a acting governor in the state. Especially the traumatic state of the major roads in most part of the state.
The state governor during the wee hour of his first tenure,having realised the political power vested in the people through election, came around especially in the sango - ijoko environment, and started demolition of buildings and structures as a step towards the construction of roads in the environment.
People were happy with the believe that the government atlast remember them. The construction went on for about 3months with the governor coming around to supervise this project almost every weekend. All of a sudden the project came to a halt, the manageable road with a bit of tarr had been graded to red mud,the little gutters that allow minimal flow of water had been blocked and the newly constructed canals are as good as useless.
The governor promised that the project would come back to live after election and that can only be possible if he is voted in. Now election had come and gone, Senator Ibikunle Amosun had been voted in once again and it's already more than 6months yet the construction of major roads in the state hadn't been continued. Examples of such roads are Ijoko otta road that links Sango to Agbado, the Atan road, the Sango otta road and many more.
The state of these roads can make even the people in the most rural area of the world thank their stars and call themselves lucky as a village farm road is better. People dare not drive their cars especially in the rainy season as people do park their cars and board public transport because of the damages the road can cause. Imagine a road where water flow inside a space bus like 'Sienna', then what is the fate of lower cars, you can never ply the road twice in a day without going to see a doctor on your arrival as you'll perform various type of dances in the 'sardine tins' that serve as buses.
I on behalf of the entire populace of Ogun state especially the aforementioned area implore the governor of the state to do something to the deteriorating state of the roads in these areas as these are major roads which people plies everyday as the state of these roads are causing sufferings and even increase in standard of living of people living in these areas as drivers charges double to convey people on these roads and these excesses are being made on goods sold.

Below are the pictures of some of the roads

Cc @lalasticalala, @barcanista

Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by miqos02(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
@op, you may be right
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Babalegba(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Adextaiwo48:

do you even have brain atall?... why are you myopic and lazy in your thinking... what happened to d allocations, and the budget the government made on the road previously... if you live in the mentioned area you won't reason so shallow.
It is one of life's ironies that you actually asked if I have a brain at all. Anyway you can never over underestimate the typical Nigerian's thinking prowess. Are you talking about the dwindling allocation to states or what. The governors are even struggling to pay salaries ,if they do the roads at the expense of salaries you would have been shouting that salaries are more important than roads and that you can't eat roads. I live in Abeokuta so I can see exactly what is happening. Do not put unrealistic expectations on politicians otherwise you and the politician will end up disappointed. Amosun embarked upon a hugely ambitious road construction program when the economy was buoyant but now the economy is depressed so what do you expect.I lived abroad for twenty five years and the people there are able to analyse things and come to reasonable conclusions using their acquired knowledge. I am disappointed that Nigerians are pygmies intellectually when confronted with life's realities
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by femu(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
Babalegba:
It is one of life's ironies that you actually asked if I have a brain at all. Anyway you can never over underestimate the typical Nigerian's thinking prowess. Are you talking about the dwindling allocation to states or what. The governors are even struggling to pay salaries ,if they do the roads at the expense of salaries you would have been shouting that salaries are more important than roads and that you can't eat roads. I live in Abeokuta so I can see exactly what is happening. Do not put unrealistic expectations on politicians otherwise you and the politician will end up disappointed. Amosun embarked upon a hugely ambitious road construction program when the economy was buoyant but now the economy is depressed so what do you expect.I lived abroad for twenty five years and the people there are able to analyse things and come to reasonable conclusions using their acquired knowledge. I am disappointed that Nigerians are pygmies intellectually when confronted with life's realities

What happened to all the loans/bonds collected for the projects?
Do you know the no of companies in Ota and the IGR involved?

Do u realise Ogun state has two major cement factories?

Can u count the companies in Agbara industrial estate?

Do you realise Oyedepo has been the one maintaining Sango-idi iroko road?
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Alphaoscar: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=Adextaiwo48 post=39641372][/quote]

You may not agree with Babalegba but he's position is actually the best answer for the situation of things as per the economy.

My mumsy have a house along that Ijoko road and bad road will always affect the value of properties around the area but remember nobody forced him to embark on those projects in the first place when the economy was good so we have to bear with him for the time being.

Most States are currently struggling to pay salary and every States are feeling the effect of the economy downturn.
Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Gbawe: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
Adextaiwo48:

The poster you quoted is actually correct. Allocation to States have shrunk massively and I was one of the first here to announce months ago, even as it was not acknowledged formally, that Nigeria is in a "man-made" recession because the GEJ government (1) looted everything available to loot, (2) completely failed to diversify the Nigerian economy away from a dependence on crude oil and (3) put no "rainy day" buffers in place to help Nigeria confront this difficult period it is now in whereby oil per barrel price, when oil is the source of our main income, went from $110.00 to as low as $42.00 per barrel.

Be realistic. People are telling you the truth here. It is impossible to get water out of a stone. The money is simply not there to tackle infrastructural development currently because what is available must pay salaries and service recurrent expenditure which was very high in Nigeria anyway because of the PDP's system of governance that encouraged indolence and total reliance on government money everywhere. Amosun is not a lazy or insensitive Governor. He was one of the best Governors in Nigeria over the past four years. look into issues with a more open mind and you will appreciate the horror of what Nigeria is going through that PDP and GEJ caused entirely. Familiarise yourself with the problem and you will see the solution.

1 Like

Re: Ibikunle Amosun A Domant Governor? by Adextaiwo48(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
I'm pro-APC so this isn't about antagonist... some questions that need to be answered...
what was Amosun doing when the economy was buoyant...
when he made out plans for the construction of the abandoned roads,didn't he make plans on how to get money for the construction?

(1) (Reply)

Legal Examination Of The Judgment Of The Taraba State Governorship Election Tri / Governor Wike Appoints 12 Special Advisers, 2 Social Media Aides, Others / PDP Reports Buhari To Int'l Community Over Alleged Rights Abuses - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.