Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? (3840 Views)

How To Check Your Bank Verification Number BVN With Your Mobile Phone / Retrieve Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) / How To Get Your BVN Code Straight From Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? by frikuency(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Dear House,
The BVN public orientation did not get as much publicity as the attention Ebola got other than for one to get registered before a stipulated deadline (31st October 2015) as directed by the CBN.
On the contrary, fraudsters did more work in this regard to get potential victims send this code to them through SMS or email via communications presumed to be from their bank(s).

In the light of this, I will appreciate if anyone can share with all what option or what should a bank account holder of any bank do in a case his or her BVN which supposed to be personal is compromised and divulged to a wrong recipient.

Will appreciate if you could also shed more light on the need for the BVN everyone was mandated to get.
Any contribution from any Nigerian bank representative will highly be appreciated and also from the perspective of a System Security expert/professional in same regard.

Thanks in advance.
Re: What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? by divinehand2003(m): 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Commit suicide if it contains billions
Re: What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? by McCarlito(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think the poster above me is high on otueke weed grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? by frikuency(m): 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dear house,
I Will appreciate your feedback on the above thread topic. This is not only for me but to educate a lot of people on what to do should their BVN be compromised. You may be saving someone contributing your recommendation.

The below is currently broadcast people are sharing on BBM and whatsapp.
"Please never u for any reason give out ur fone to any person. It's noticed that fraudsters collect ur fone type these characters *565*0# u r BVN will appear and they use it to withdraw from u r account electronically. Try it and see. Notify ur friends & love ones".

We shouldn't wait till someone is a victim before we act.

A lot of magic can happen with numbers electronically. It only takes an intelligent mind to do the unimaginable when he can.

divinehand2003:
Commit suicide if it contains billions

McCarlito:
I think the poster above me is high on otueke weed grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks both for your contributions.
Re: What To Do If Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Is Compromised? by UltimateDaniel(m): 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
that's cool... VISIT www.openheavensdaily.com for you OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTION BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE

(1) (Reply)

Sheep Gives Birth To Human In Kano, Nigeria / The First Cave Restaurant Opens In Lagos / Watch As Notorious Female Gang Members Stab A Girl To Death (graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.