Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,197 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking (402 Views)

Nigerian Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Beating Girlfriend's Son To Death / 7 Nigerians Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking / 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking by catchfun: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2015
A Federal High Court in Lagos yesterday sentenced 38-yearold Chibueze Onedigbo to 10 years imprisonment for drug trafficking. Onedigbo, a businessman, was charged by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.
He was arraigned before Justice Musa Kuya on a onecount charge bordering on the offence. Justice Kuya in his judgment held that the sentence was in line with the sentencing guideline recently released for Federal High Court judges. “I have considered all the above, and I am of the view that the prosecution has discharged his burden of proof.
“I have listened to the plea for leniency by the accused and have taken into consideration all that has been said.
“In any case, the court is duty bound to sentence the accused, having found him guilty. “More so, the court is guided by the sentencing guideline recently released for Federal High Court judges. “Consequently, I hereby sentence the accused to 10 years imprisonment, from the day of this judgment.
The court also ordered that the drug exhibits in custody of the NDLEA be destroyed within 30 days, if there is no appeal against the judgment. The convict was arraigned on August 29, 2013.
He had pleaded not guilty to the charge, and was granted bail for N5 million with one surety in like sum. NDlEA prosecutor, Mr. Linus Nor, had told the court that the convict was arrested on April 7, 2013, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport.
According to Nor, about 210 grammes of cocaine was recovered from the convict during the outward clearance of passengers on board a Qatar Airline flight.
He said the convict had concealed the drug substance in a black leather bag. He told the court that the convict was thereafter, handed over to the agency for prosecution.
The offence is said to have contravened the provisions of sections 11 (b) of the NDLEA Act, Cap N30 Laws of the Federation, 2004. NDLEA called two prosecution witnesses to prove its case against the convicthttp://nationalmirroronline.net/new/man-bags-10-years-for-drug-trafficking/
Re: Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking by HungerBAD: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2015
I like this Judgement.

The Judge said " The sentence starts today" so, this man is going in for 10 Years. Hopefully, all other would-be-drug dealers will learn from him and not get involved, in such act.

The Judiciary is working.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking by molydonhenry(m): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2015
Mehn 10yrs! Wen I'm planning to have a cute family with 9 digit account balance in 10yrs.
Re: Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking by catchfun: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2015
HungerBAD:
u can do better dan dis bro
Re: Man Bags 10 Years For Drug Trafficking by molydonhenry(m): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2015
catchfun:
u can do better dan dis bro
Done sir!!!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Evil Personified / 바카라싸이트▶★◀ SUV7000.COM ▶★◀바카라싸이트 / I Was Frustrated Into Traffic Robbery; I Won’t Do It Again - Ex Convict Pleads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.