Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,725 members, 7,865,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani (822 Views)

Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Acting President Yemi Osinbajo By Ij Onuigbo / 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / President Buhari Reacts To Sen. Okpozo's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2015
Dear Sir,
I read with a deep concern and dismay a statement accredited to you, that

Pro-Jonathan elements are behind renewed agitation for Biafra.

Sir,

Your position is either borne out of ignorance or outright mischief.

Where you in Nigeria Obansanjo's regime when the Raph Uwazurike led MASSOB, staged a sit at home protest?
Was it about Jonathan or 2015 elections?

For your information, the Biafran agitators led by Nnamdi Kanu campaigned against the re-election of Jonathan. They asked Biafrans not vote. The youths of Biafra who follow them refused to vote. They even threatened violence at polling units. As a matter of fact there were explosions at Enugu and Awka during that election or you did not hear of it?

Some of us wanted Jonathan returned because we are convinced that he is father better than Buhari in terms of running a complex and dubious society like Nigeria. I still maintain that position till now.

Of course, Buhari has not disappointed me as the rascal and tyrant he is. He went to CNN and told the whole world he has divided Nigeria into two: 95% and 5%. Assuming it was Jonathan who made such a statement. Northern elements like you would have "occupied Nigeria" in protest. Trust me Sir, a silly Jonathan is far better than 1000 wise Buhari. Time will surely tell.

As a Biafran, I feel so insulted by your allusions ignited by your illusions!
I am not a Nigerian, I am being forced to be a Nigerian!

Imagine a country where a child who scored 70% is denied admission because he is from Anambra while a child who scored 1% is offered the same admission because he is from Yobe. In the pursuit of the illusions of northern elements like you, even the rule of 40% as mark is not obeyed.

Why should I be a Nigerian?

You Northern elements will prefer to send your children to Sudan to study Sharia and Arabic studies, we prefer to send our children to Unizik to study Medicine and Engineering. In the end, the quota-ed northern elements will take decisions for the rest of us.

While your children are making bombs, our children are designing cars. When our children graduate and come to Borno to serve Nigeria, your children will bomb them. Shame on Northern elements.

While our leaders seek to build Schools of Engineering,your leaders are busy constructing mosques.
We are miles apart. Our ways of life are different. Our aspirations are parallel. How do we build a nation together?

Do you know why we want Biafra?
We want our children to live out their dreams of manufacturing engines and machines.
We want to take our destiny into our hands.

Can't you see that we have nothing in common?
Can't you see that Nigeria is death pond filled with the blood of the innocent?

I am not here to defend Jonathan, I am sure he is man enough to stand up against the antics of Northern elements.
If he choses to keep quiet, that is his cup of tea.

Finally, let me tell you this:
The current move for Biafra picked up tempo in 2013.
For whole two years they were working hard to sensitize our people.
Northern elements like you did not see the rising tempo because you are blinded by the hate for Jonathan.

Then enter Buhari and his gangster style of leadership. You know, once a tyrant always a tyrant.
In his silly idea of "crushing" Biafra, perhaps "with immedate effect", he popularized the struggle.
What Nnamdi Kanu did not achieve in 2 years of Jonathan, he has achieved in 4 months of Buhari.
The whole is now discussing Biafra. Even the slave traders of UK are now aware that we remnants of the genocide are seeking our freedom.

Looking down south to blame anybody for Biafra is a waste of time and energy.
The current show down is caused by Buhari. Blame him!

As for us and our fate; we have chosen freedom!
And in the typical Biafran spirit which cannot be quenched: it is freedom or death:

Please, mobilise the Northern elements and bring it on!

Peace to Biafra.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by chocolateme(f): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Seen
Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by fabuloz1(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2015
Best reply of the century. . .tell him and his northern elements the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by cupidFlint(m): 10:13am On Nov 03, 2015
The emergence of Biafra is imminent. We've had enough of the mediocrity and hypocrisy in this country. We want out. We are being called "wailing wailers" for fighting for our freedom. We've chosen to wail and we don't mind what the rest of y'all ignoramus got to say.
We want out. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by kingzizzy: 10:21am On Nov 03, 2015
One thing I will never understand about Nigerians is they understand the need for people like Zik, Awolowo, Bode Thomas and other nationalist to fight for Nigerias independence from Britain. But the same Nigerian just doesnt understand the right of Igbos to fight for their independence from Nigeria. Hypocrisy

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by bolabolakemi(f): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2015
This is a very compelling piece. Kudos to the writer.

Buhari is destined to divide Nigeria and rightfully so.

BIAFRANS KNOW WHAT THEY WANT, AND ARE GOING FOR SURE

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 03, 2015
Nice piece... I tell yah..

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 03, 2015
fabuloz1:
Best reply of the century. . .tell him and his northern elements the truth.

Unfortunately, they are naturally deaf to truth and blind to light.
Nigeria is the estate of the father, Usman Dan Fodio - that is what counts for them.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by chernest2002: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Obj is a fool. We the biafrans will not stop at nothing but full independent. Even if it takes another one hundred years it must be accomplished.
Re: Biafra Agitation: An Open Letter To Sen. Shehu Sani by saintikechi(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2015
This man is another Mandela in the making. " biafran Mandela " long live BIAFRA.

(1) (Reply)

Murdering Of Our Economy By Nigerian Youths Blind Support Of Politicians / Photos: Pro-biafran Protester Shot By Police In Igweocha, Port Harcourt / Ministerial Portfolios: Ndigbo Reacts, Applaud Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.