Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Api : What Are The Basis - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Api : What Are The Basis (955 Views)

Find Out How You Can Get The Basis Of Programming By Learning Visual C-sharp. / Two Step Verification Or Authentication Using Sms Api (tutorial) / Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Api : What Are The Basis by Emmacomng: 10:03am On May 11, 2009
I have always want to learn more about API, but do not really know what is entails.
I really want to know, What API is, its application to webdevelopment and also what training do i need to acquire to know more about API
Thanks.
Re: Api : What Are The Basis by Emmacomng: 10:24am On May 11, 2009
NO assgnment, i just want to know about it.
Re: Api : What Are The Basis by Emmacomng: 10:28am On May 11, 2009
What i really want to know is that, what programming course do i take to know more about it.
Re: Api : What Are The Basis by Seun(m): 11:33am On May 11, 2009
How can you want to know about "API" when you don't even know what the word means?
Re: Api : What Are The Basis by logica(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2009
LOL. Dude get acquainted with google.
Re: Api : What Are The Basis by cdeveloper(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2009
I want to believe that forums are places you can come with questions you want to find answers to and not to be questioned back. Well it amazes me that someone wanted to know what API is and ends up be made to look like a dump who knows nothing. i think it is a bad idea.
Well to my best knowledge API stands for Application Programming Interface, depending on what programming language you are dealing with i means different things, in the world of desktop application development, it is a collection of dlls or function or method or classes that you call from your own defined function or classes to do certain stuff you can not do on your own. For instance there system services you would want to access from your own codes, you do not gain access to such services directly rather they have a well defined interface through which you can access them, pass parameters to them and get feedback from them. In this context ,the word Interface means the only available point through which you can gain access to the underlying collection of codes.
In the world of web development, API means a set of classes or methods or functions you have defined or some else has defined and are sure the always work as expected and can handle errors in away that is clearly defined. This set of classes or methods or functions could be stored away in a server so that others can access this methods in a standard way to get some stuff done. This can either commercialized or open to the public. a good working example of what APIs means and can do ,can be found in the google code room at www.code.google.com, there are various APIs there. browse it and find out for yourself what APIs are perhaps you can be inspired from them
Re: Api : What Are The Basis by Seun(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2009
It's as if he thinks API is a programming language. Clearly a school assignment.

(1) (Reply)

Social Im Sites That Can Connect You To Facebook / Best Paid Ict Professionals In Nigeria / The World Bank Competition - Apps For Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.