Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api (8820 Views)

Calculating Nse's All Share Index And Market Capitalisation / Nse (nigerian Stock Exchange) Api Javascript Sdk / Nigerian Stock Exchange Api, Rss Feeds & Widgets :: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
Hii ALL,

Please I need a little help on my project.

I am developing a web application on share investment. I need to be able to capture the current price of each stock on NSE (because I need to extract the current price of each stock to calculate this current worth of individual's portfolio), the performance of each stock on daily basis etc. All these are meant to be automatically updated on my website.

So, I dont know if anyone knows any API that I can plug into to get all these data. Any alternative method that I can use to implement this will also be welcome.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by s4: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2009
I think you will have to speak with them at the NSL so that you can plug into their system.

The other way is for you to have someone upload the daily trade data to your server everyday.
I wish you the best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by candylips(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
yea am not sure the NSE do real time feeds.

but i think there are a couple of providers that can give you an end - of- day feed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
Thanks candylip & s4, I have tried to get in touch with them at NSE, but they dont have such a facility.

If you have any idea of how to get this sorted out, I will be so happy. Though, I have seen some sites implementing such and I have tried to speak with the brains behind it, but they were so reluctant to put me through.

Any help on alternative way of implementing this will be greatly welcome. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by candylips(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2009
Damn i just did a search .

Apparently real - time market data feeds are avaliable via Bloomberg and apparently they are the first vendor to do this for the NSE

http://www.finextra.com/fullpr.asp?id=30167

You should be able to have access to this data by getting a subscription with bloomberg. Go to their website at

http://www.bloomberg.co.uk/intro3.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hii Candylips, thanks for your help.

I guess I discovered this bloomberg'd feeds for NSE at the same time you discovered yours. I have registered on their site, unfortunately, I couldnt find NSE's feeds there.

I dont really know what is happening. So confused! angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by candylips(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
no you will have to pay for the suscription to the feeds. They will provide you with an api which you will be able to use programmatically to access the data in real time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
Oh thanks Candylips.

I will try and get in touch with bloomberg to ask for the subscription rate.

I will surely feed you back on this forum. Thanks for your help!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by yawatide(f): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
If this is indeed true about poster not being able to even hear from the NSE yet bloomberg can, what does that say about how our people regard local software developers/companies? Even assuming their thinking is no one can afford their high rates, how hard is it to open up say, a certain number of stocks for free, then charging for anything over that?

na wa o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Gomez(m): 8:02pm On Nov 17, 2009
There is an implementaion that we did for this
some time now.
http://dataservices.complustech.net/Services/StockServices.asmx
and in talks with NSE.

A reference implementation that we did using the service
http://finance.complustech.net/default.aspx

if this meets your needs then we can work with you on integrations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
@Gomez

Thanks for your email. Is it possible you send me your telephone number to yankeegee@yahoo.com.

I will call you and we can talk about this. Thanks for being willing to help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 12:22am On Jan 07, 2010
Hii all,

This is an update on the NSE web services still at beta version being developed by Gomez. Gomez is a very wonderful person and I am personally impressed that we are having professionals that are developing web services instead of the normal database application. So far, I have devloped a SOAP client that is consuming the web services and so far everything is running smoothly.

We are still communicating and they are really doing a marvellous job on the development of their web services. This is just an update of a work in progress.

I will still keep you posted as events unfold. Once again, thanks Gomez for such a professional job.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by ejadadi(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hi MT,

Are the APIs from Gomez freely available?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by MT: 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hii Ejadadi,

Yes, they are freely available for now because it is being run in beta version. In the future, definitely subscription fee will be charged.
It will be worth it considering the technical input that must have gone into the development of the web services. I have integrated it into my appication so ar , and I must say it is working like a magic.

The only thing that you can do in return for now is to document your observation on the perfromance of the web services and pass your message across to the developers. We are test running the wonderful web services for now.

Al the best!.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by ejadadi(m): 7:51am On Jan 28, 2010
thanks MT,
Can you pls give me access to the webservice?

You can send details to my email gnuts4lunch@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
I have the api somewhere in my computer. I'll have to search it out. Got it from a friend who used it on his website cos I knew I might need it someday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by akenzuaII(m): 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
Gomez,

this is excellent news, I have always thought why the NSE cannot be more like the JSE. I am working with various ECNs and hearin this makes me joyful. I would like to talk further with regards to the service you are currently providing to the NSE. let me know if its okay to email you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Gomez(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hi akenzua_II, yes you can mail us
at info@complustech.net.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by haxicated: 10:30am On Mar 07, 2010
HI Gomez,
I am Hassan Yousaf from Pakistan and currently in the final year of Bachelors of Software Engineering. I am currently working on my final year project that is a web based application regarding stock users. The application is basically a learning experience for people new to stock markets. The project is in a very initial stage and i am looking for stock market data API's. I am targeting many stocks but there hasn't been any positive response from any of them. I have read your comments on nairaland and it sounds to me that you can help me in this regard. No doubt you are a professional man and i have seen your work on the web you posted the URL of, i will request you to help me for any stock API you have. My tool for the project is PHP/mysql and i want to integrate the API code in it.
Any kind of help from your side will do.

Waiting anxiously for your reply
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
Hi akenzua_II,
Hi akenzua_II,
God bless you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2010
Hi akenzua_II,
Please I take God beg you, Abeg, I need the API too, Abeg mail it to ukamadu@yahoo.com

God bless you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by bioscom(m): 10:58am On Aug 16, 2011
This ia an happy day for 9ja software developers!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by nwanzeo: 12:29am On Aug 20, 2011
Please can i get the API thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by DanAdeyoju: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
grin Thank God for you @Gomez and @MT . Pls @MT can you post your e-mail address I want to talk to you about your project. It is quite important. Thank you for your time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by DanAdeyoju: 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
@MT my e-mail address is pamilerind@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 02, 2011
Alas the site is no longer functional. . . .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 02, 2011
You can find a fully featured Nigerian stock exchange API on www.nseapi.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by stockbull(m): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
nigerian stock exchange.
Join prostockalert page on www.facebook.com/prostockalert

like their page and tell them what you want.they will help you
Latest Technology has made a possibility to charge your phone using burning fire.
.see it here www.wificallingiphone.com
www.wificallingiphone.com/2016/06/charging-my-android-and-iphone-with-fire.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by checkmateman: 8:20am On Sep 10, 2016
Hello, is there any solution to getting feeds from Nigeria Stock Exchange
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by guru01(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hello all, I have a solution that can get you realtime data of NSE stock. Its not free.
You can reach me on josiahaccounts@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api by checkmateman: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Post it here for the use of all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer / Nigerian Smart Card Plant Supports Expansion Of Financial Services To Poor / School Management System-SMS (version 1.7) Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.