Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps (4460 Views)

Help Fix This Android Studio Error Dhtml18 And Otherd / Help On Android Studio For 1gb Ram Pc Installation Dhtml And Other Should Enter / Please I Need Someone Who Can Create Andriod Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Futureviz: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2015
pls programmer can someone help me, i wanna build an andriod app with java but the problem is my Pc.

processor-AMD anthlom(tm)II Daul_core M300
installed ram size-1gb
hard disk space-232gb
so what should i do,
can i make the android app online?
or is their an alternative ide to andriod studio
i have tried installing ADT plugin for eclipse but look like its not working(probably shut down).
Dont tell me to change ma system
laye laye am koboless, am just managing the system using it to learn and do my small programming
Am waiting........
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by hollyfat(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2015
you can try eclipse
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Futureviz: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2015
hollyfat:
you can try eclipse

i tried installing ADT but e no work
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Borwe: 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
Get A.I.D.E if you have a phone, its free on playstore. Use it to make apps.
Or go try lubuntu on your pc, should be able to run android studio with ease
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Futureviz: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
Borwe:
Get A.I.D.E if you have a phone, its free on playstore. Use it to make apps.
Or go try lubuntu on your pc, should be able to run android studio with ease
thanks lemme google it and try it
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by nnamdiosu(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Futureviz:

thanks lemme google it and try it
bro. see you must find a way to make eclipse work. Google the answers for ur problems. pls don't give up. I used almost two months just to install eclipse. pm me for the issues u have. maybe I can help. everything is possible with Gods grace
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Futureviz: 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
nnamdiosu:

bro. see you must find a way to make eclipse work. Google the answers for ur problems. pls don't give up. I used almost two months just to install eclipse. pm me for the issues u have. maybe I can help. everything is possible with Gods grace
thank u very much
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by tosinhtml: 5:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Sorry bro, but not to discourage you. The truth is It would very hard to develop with all the new material designs and external libraries that don't have .JAR files in Eclipse, Google has finally stopped supporting Eclipse.

I had that issue as well, Just install Android Studio, then change the configurations to make it fast for your PC. (I can help you with that)

Then Never run the emulator if your PC is slow. Run your apps on your physical phone directly.

If Google says No to eclipse, there is virtually nothing we can all do. because they have New libraries that only work with Gradle. I felt pained as well.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Futureviz: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2015
tosinhtml:
Sorry bro, but not to discourage you. The truth is It would very hard to develop with all the new material designs and external libraries that don't have .JAR files in Eclipse, Google has finally stopped supporting Eclipse.

I had that issue as well, Just install Android Studio, then change the configurations to make it fast for your PC. (I can help you with that)

Then Never run the emulator if your PC is slow. Run your apps on your physical phone directly.

If Google says No to eclipse, there is virtually nothing we can all do. because they have New libraries that only work with Gradle. I felt pained as well.

please email me@ okoroNumber1@gmail.com
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Futureviz: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2015
tosinhtml:

i would love the configuration
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by mistabugz: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2015
bros your options are limited sef with the size of your ram. I know you said we should not talk about it but sorry na the truth be dat.
My advice is that you get yourself an intel based PC with a ram of at least 8gb and please stick to android studio. Google has announced that they will stop supporting eclipse/ADT bundles by the end of the year.
The eclipse you are even trying to install sef will so hug resources on your pc that even if you are able to successfuly install it, will hardly run because 1gb ram is not enough for eclispe to run properly.
I had a similar experience and i had to build my own pc now i am enjoying my android development with my custome built pc.
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by Borwe: 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Bro, just try a different OS, try lubuntu, it's quite light weight, will run eclipse or Android studio with no lags 100%. Just forget about Windows, they think everyone got an i3 and above PC angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by tolumose: 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
check your java jdk and jar with configuration....if not working contact me on whatsapp 08062388918 or tolumoses@gmail.com for assistance
Re: Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps by tosinhtml: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Futureviz:

i would love the configuration

Sorry for the late reply. Please see this link. http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/configuration

Scroll down to the Increasing IDE Memory part.

It talks about editing the Config file to override Android Studio's own.

This is where you can locate it on your system C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\bin\studio.vmoptions or studio.exe.vmoptions

Change this " -Xmx128m " to something higher like " -Xmx2048m " or even higher, if you have bigger memory.

Then don't run Large memory intensive applications when Android studio is On at same time. you will have no issue.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Be A Good Frontend And Backend Programmer / Don't Make The Mistake I Made About Programming / C++ Vs Java (hilarious Gif)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.