Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Bvn Related Scam: Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bvn Related Scam: Must Read (401 Views)

Adeosun Wants CBN To Extend BVN To Micro Finance Banks / "Buhari Has Prostate-Related Ailment, Over 80 Years, Revealed By UK Doctor" - SR / FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bvn Related Scam: Must Read by wholexy009(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2015
I came across the information below and decided to share, let us be informed and educate our folks, friends and family.

Please read this carefully, it may save you a few hundred, or a few thousand, or may be a few million bucks. It’s a personal experience, a true event that happened this afternoon. I am Sunday Adewole, I just fell victim of fraudsters a few hours ago. I am an account holder with StanbicIBTC bank, I am trying to put fund together to pay for my daughter’s tuition fee in CU in which case the institution already resumed last week. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from somebody purportedly from StanbicIBTC who said “Am I speaking with Dr. Adewole” (called out my other names) to which I answered in the affirmative. He said he called in respect of my BVN which I was observed not to have done, I replied that I already had it done with Skye bank and he said the bank will send me a link so that my account with Stanbic will be linked with the BVN. True to our conversation, I receive a message from StanbicIBTC in which an OTP was sent to my phone. A few minutes later, he called to ask if I got the SMS, I told him yes but I can’t do anything about it cos I was driving. He said no problem I should call out the numbers which I did and he thanked me for my cooperation in a customer service manner. I heard nothing since then till this afternoon at precisely 13:00 hrs when I received a SMS from StanbicIBTC informing me of a debit transaction which cleared my account to the lowest thousand, i.e. I was left with a paltry N685 (six hundred and eighty five naira). I called my account officer who confirmed to me that I have fallen victim of fraudsters and he checked up on my account and saw that the recipient acct is in First Bank. My puzzle is how did they get my account details? How were they able to generate an OTP to my phone. I am waiting to see what my bank would do on it. In the meantime, please be aware of what the 419 people can do. I’ll keep you posted on any new development.”

http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/11/02/on-going-bvn-scam-even-the-most-cautious-person-will-fall-for-this-one/
Re: Bvn Related Scam: Must Read by miqos02(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2015
hmmm, here we go again
Re: Bvn Related Scam: Must Read by wholexy009(m): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2015
we all need to shine our eyes. This fraudsters are getting smarter by the day
Re: Bvn Related Scam: Must Read by Beesluv: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2015
hmmmm, may God save us from people of the underworld

(1) (Reply)

Before Buhari Appoints Ex-officio Ministers, By Jaafar Jaafar / Taiwan, China Leaders To Hold First Meeting Since End Of Civil War / Economic Implications Of Paying N5,000 To The Unemployed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.