Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Who Pays The Legal Fee , Contractor Or Client ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Pays The Legal Fee , Contractor Or Client ? (476 Views)

Experience 99.95% Uptime And Never Lose A Customer Or Client!!! / The Legal Considerations Of Running A Fintech Startup In Nigeria / What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Pays The Legal Fee , Contractor Or Client ? by niceguy2015: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
i got a contract with a school to deploy a solution , i came up with an agreement but the school insisted they wanted their lawyer to draft the agreement so i can preview it and sign. Just this afternoon the lawyer called to tell me that i have to pay legal fees , i was wondering why i should pay him any fee since i was'nt the one that hired him in the first place , he said it is a new law for both client and contractor to pay legal fees. Please advice , cos its kinda funny . !
Re: Who Pays The Legal Fee , Contractor Or Client ? by OhiGentle(m): 3:38am On Nov 04, 2015
I believe he is a very hungry lawyer looking for how to collect money from both sides. Normally if you brought the lawyer it's your responsibility to pay him the legal fees but since it's the schools lawyer then it's not your responsibility.
If he insist, tell him that you also have a lawyer who will help you review the terms of the contract agreement and you have to pay his legal fee. Tell the school as well because it's not your responsibility but theirs

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays The Legal Fee , Contractor Or Client ? by niceguy2015: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
OhiGentle:
I believe he is a very hungry lawyer looking for how to collect money from both sides. Normally if you brought the lawyer it's your responsibility to pay him the legal fees but since it's the schools lawyer then it's not your responsibility.
If he insist, tell him that you also have a lawyer who will help you review the terms of the contract agreement and you have to pay his legal fee. Tell the school as well because it's not your responsibility but theirs

Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Free CV Evaluation Using Software By Jobberman / Introducing Hi-scent Floral... / Awoof Deals, Buy Lovely Jewelry Pieces At Rock-bottom Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.