Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari (3249 Views)

7 Pro-biafra Groups Forge Common Force,Make Nnamdi Kanu Overall Leader(vanguard) / El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo / You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
Igbo apex body, Ohaneze Ndigbo, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari-led Government to dialogue with members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), and the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) and other agitating groups on South-Eats.

According to the group, genuine and sincere talks were the only way to achieve sustainable peace in the region.

Ohaneze National Treasurer, Hon Darmian Okeke Ogene, told newsmen in Awka, the Anambra capital that Igbo group’s agitation was a right that had been exercised successfully over and over across the globe.

“The suppression of the right and intimidation of harmless agitators could be followed with defiance, which if not well managed may degenerate to catastrophe,” he warned.

Ogene recalled that the agitation followed government’s neglect of the former Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon’s promise of reconstruction, rehabilitation and reconciliation initiated after the 30 months Nigeria/Biafra civil war in 1970.

“The agitation will continue; the youths, especially, believe their future is under threat. They lost their parents during the war, growing up having nobody to carter for them. As such, they have lost all hope of being part of the Nigerian nation,” Ogene said.

He added that Ohaneze Ndigbo had no control on MASSOB, IPOB and others, insisting that every group had the right to agitate as granted by the United Nations charter.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/03/you-cant-stop-biafra-groups-from-agitation-negotiate-now-ohanzeze-warns-buhari/

12 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Biafra we want.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Andyg: 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
Confused set of literate illitrates

12 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by brize(m): 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2015
Dailypost or should i call you dailylies. . . . . .it is *indigenous* people of Biafra not independent........ The only negotiation the Igbos want is Biafra.... You can try and see

23 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Ddonchester: 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ok
Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by miracle11: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Andyg:
shut up. Useless imp. Must u participate on dis thread.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Okay.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Agitating groups in the "South Eats" We all know this is about eating. Give Nnamdi Kanu juicy contracts like Asari Dokubo and his canary will start singing new tunes.

mryoungdon:
Igbo apex body, Ohaneze Ndigbo, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari-led Government to dialogue with members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), and the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) and other agitating groups on South-Eats.
According to the group, genuine and sincere talks were the only way to achieve sustainable peace in the region.
Ohaneze National Treasurer, Hon Darmian Okeke Ogene, told newsmen in Awka, the Anambra capital that Igbo group’s agitation was a right that had been exercised successfully over and over across the globe.
“The suppression of the right and intimidation of harmless agitators could be followed with defiance, which if not well managed may degenerate to catastrophe,” he warned.
Ogene recalled that the agitation followed government’s neglect of the former Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon’s promise of reconstruction, rehabilitation and reconciliation initiated after the 30 months Nigeria/Biafra civil war in 1970.
“The agitation will continue; the youths, especially, believe their future is under threat. They lost their parents during the war, growing up having nobody to carter for them. As such, they have lost all hope of being part of the Nigerian nation,” Ogene said.
He added that Ohaneze Ndigbo had no control on MASSOB, IPOB and others, insisting that every group had the right to agitate as granted by the United Nations charter.
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/03/you-cant-stop-biafra-groups-from-agitation-negotiate-now-ohanzeze-warns-buhari/

6 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Please call seun or lalasticlala and let him know about this development, tell them that ohaneze is now back to there senses... And tell them also that many of our prominent men are now joining the struggle

11 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
Stop deceiving yourself, the drum beat has changed
Aigbofa:
Agitating groups in the "south Eats" We all know this is about eating. Give Nnamdi Kanu juicy contracts like Asari Dokubo and his canary will start singing new tunes.

5 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by nikkiking(m): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
Good luck Indi igbo cool.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Vicotex(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
Andyg:
another loosed slave

11 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by EasternLion: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thank God Ohaneze is getting small sense.

But, hey, no negotiation, we want Biafra.

Simple.

13 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
grin grin grin how you take know bro... Well by there works... Na yellow bar slave oooo
Vicotex:
another loosed slave

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
Gbam
EasternLion:

Simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
Take your biafra fight to the national assembly or you fools don't have senators from the SE. Buhari's job is to uphold the law which presently says Biafra is illegal

5 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
EasternLion:

Simple.
Ohaneze is looking for small change as usual, unfortunately baba no get time for bribe

5 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by EasternLion: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
IyaIode:
Take your biafra fight to the national assembly or you fools don't have senators from the SE. Buhari's job is to uphold the law which presently says Biafra is illegal

We don hear.

Are we talking about the same senators hustling for what will enter their bank accounts at the NASS or other senators?

Gerrarrahere. E.P.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by EasternLion: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
IyaIode:

Ohaneze is looking for small change as usual, unfortunately baba no get time for bribe

Who will he even bribe? Ohaneze or IPOB?

The bribe Ohaneze took during Maddala bombing burial issue is getting them scorns and insults, not to talk of another one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by zuchyblink(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
there aree people the world ''Biafra'' sends shivers down their spine. There Economy depends on ''One Nigeria''

9 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by franchizy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to negotiate, Biafra is dead and buried.

I therefore advice the president to order our gallant military and police to shot any Biafra agitators on sight.

Nigeria is bigger than the Biafrauds. We shall remain one Nigeria and united.

Igbo's can never learn from history and stop reaping harvest of mistakes.

Anyway Biafra exists only here on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
my brother i tire ooooooo
zuchyblink:
there aree people the world ''Biafra'' sends shivers down their spine. There Economy depends on ''One Nigeria''

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
watch out the news headline starting from tomorow to 6th of this month.. prepare ota pia pia to drink, cos biafra is going to be on every news paper in this country and outside the country, your police will be there mooping.. and i will come to your grave to dance shoki after you don drink the ota pia pia finish
franchizy:
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to negotiate, Biafra is dead and buried.

I therefore advice the president to order our gallant military and police to shot any Biafra agitators on sight.

6 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by simplycarro: 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Bye bye to Igbos, bye bye to 75% criminal activites in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by kingdompropty: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
After Ohaneze other politicians in the Igbo land will follow.

Every vision is for an appointed time.

8 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
they dont know
kingdompropty:
After Ohaneze other politicians in the Igbo land will follow.

Every vision is for an appointed time.
Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by leke12(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
I support nigeria to break but not stupid , fictious and selfish pattern of biafran or ododuwa or niger delta republic. These same wicked politicians will hijack it, the main tin is nigeria to either practice confederation or experience revolution. But since nigeria is deeply rooted into tribalism and religion intolerance it will be impossible, it will be in d interest of all to be divided into 2(north and southern nigeria which constitutionally legal) and after d division each side can practice smtin like european union(one southern nigeria with diff autonomous region with voluntarily almagamation). All regions within d union have mutual agreements and trade just like Europe. The northern region is irredeemable becos d fulani will always want to dominate with their strict islamic law. Kanu is a brave man but lack maturity, with little of his influence in my possession I can break naija into two within 6months(I pray I get there soon but u knw there must always b a sacrifice. the north and south relationship is not mutual but enslavment and naturally opposite

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by Brooklynsouth(f): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
franchizy:

hahaha online that's how you said nnamdi kanu is rant in london he is now in the zoo and will soon walk a free man you said biafra does not include SS but portharcourt started the recent protest guess igweocha(portharcourt) is very close to ogbmosho or ibadam biafra is only online on the 6th of this month you ll see them in millions prepare your soldiers cos they ll shoot us we ll shoot them too or don't they bleed? After 6th the next thing ll be "come and get biafra if you have 4 heads" but @ the end we ll still win

10 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by mekadinho(f): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
BIAFRA, WE HAIL THEE... JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by mekadinho(f): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Andyg:
Eyaaaah... I can feel ur pain Bro. Lock urself in ur fridge, dats if u hv one, and chill ur temper.

5 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by superstar1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Is it not funny that terrorists are the ones calling for negotiation.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ohaneze have suddenly changed their tactics from lame ultimatum and threat of ICC to negotiation by fire by force tactics.

Bunch of deluded clowns.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari by chosen04(f): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
franchizy:

When we advice the PM of Isreal to shot at all Palestinians, i hope you congratulate us?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

To All True Igbos / Snake With Seven Heads Found In Honduras / Oduduwa Secessionist Leader Muhammed Adigun Urges IPOB To Buy Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.